◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,415 comments
BAM!!

I'm really looking forward to this season! I don't think I'll be able to make it to any races as I had hoped. The new McLaren is the nicest looking car so far, but I doubt it'll keep pace with it's looks. There will be growing pains, and the drivers know it.

Opinions on the new Sauber? I think the livery looks amateur, but it's likely that the sponsors that Felipe Nasr has brought to the team have led to the new livery.

I really hope Ricciardo can keep up his performance. Renault has claimed to have made big improvements on the power unit, so even though I'm a Hamilton fan, I hope Ricciardo can make it more competitive on a regular basis. Sunday is the start of winter testing! :D

And on the note of McLaren-Honda, I'm still working on that toon style MP4-4 I posted a few months back. My injury has pushed back any progress as of late, but textures are on the way! As it stands, base color textures are in progress for the gearbox and suspension. Base color textures are about 40% done.

The lack of an H-gate shifter and clutch pedal is enough for me to bypass the 300. I've also heard from a couple folks I trust implicitly, who own or have owned a DFGT and a G27 and have had hands on experience with the 300 that it's almost as noisy as the DFGT. I'll grant the possibility exists the wheels could have been defective in some way and needed to be sent back but, their words are enough for me to say no.

What wheel are you using now, or have used?

best wheel I bought t300rs, pedals massive let down but I have a very simple and cost effective solution. I got an adaptor shipped from across the pond were I know use my g27 pedals with the wheel, the company is called Ricotech for $20. I've had dfgt, g25 and 27 and I can categorically say they don't have patch on 300 it feels better you have alot more confidence in the feeling and it has definatley made me faster. The mechanism is not noisy. It is the cooling fan u can hear just like the ps3 gets louder but u dont notice it after a while

Last edited:
snailstewardsummary-jpg.259959

Race Date - Sun Jan 25 2015
Penalty Rate 74%
Banner by GamingPete

SNOLR Quote for the Week:

Below are the results of the 23 incidents the stewards reviewed.
The prize winners have changed and are now clear to make their selections.

Prize A - @cmbeal317
Prize B - @GTD_druid
Prize C - @serge19

Please see this post for instructions on how to select your prize.

Division 2 - 2 incidents on file
proper_t11
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 4 points doubled to 8 for probation violation. 5 weeks probation remain.

Division 3 - 4 incidents on file
Grandpas_Money
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 9 points and 3 weeks probation.
pakicote
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 9 points doubled to 18 for probation violation. Halved back to 9 for On Track Concession. 4 weeks probation remain.
Rednose58
  • Round 3 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation. 5 weeks probation remain.
FloptaStr8
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 1 - 4 points doubled to 8 for probation violation. Halved back to 4 for On Track Concession. 6 weeks probation remain.

Division 4 - 12 incidents on file
Lessenjr
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 3 points.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 1 points.
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 1 points.
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 9 points.
  • 14 points total and 6 weeks probation.

Schmiggz
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 7 points doubled to 14 for probation violation.
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 1 - 2 points doubled to 4 for probation violation. Halved back to 2 for On Track Concession.
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 5 points doubled to 10 for probation violation.
  • 26 points total 6 weeks probation remain.
GOTDIRT410sp
  • Round 1 - Race 1 - Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation. 3 weeks probation remain.
SolidSnake7735
  • Round 2 - Race 2 - Level 5 - 36 points doubled to 72 for probation violation. 6 weeks probation remain.

Division 5 - 1 incident on file
BNC610
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 12 points halved to 6 for on-track concession and 3 weeks probation.

Division 6 - 3 incidents on file
aLmk_69
  • Round 1 - Race 2 - Level 3 - 10 points halved to 5 for self report and 3 weeks probation.
Die_Birdy_Die
  • Round 3 - Race 2 - Level 2 - 6 points doubled to 12 for probation violation. Halved back to 6 for self report. 5 weeks probation remain.

These results can be viewed on the SNAIL Steward Review Sheet.

Thanks to Handlebar-Man, JLBowler, Nail-27, USERID_77a23 and vsfit for their reviews this week.
Don't forget to claim your $hells for completing reviews.
:cheers:

These changes affect the final standings.
Full final results can be found here. @zer05ive & @JLBowler, these adjustments have been made in the director's document and results sheets.
***If you were penalized and would like further explanation regarding the incident, PM your Division Steward and they will let you know what the stewards saw and our opinions on it.***

9 drivers cleared probation this week. Well done! :cheers:

Prize A New Combo:

Car: Toyota 86 Race Car Base Model

Track: Silverstone National

Link works for me. If you want to get by all the swearing and room problems, racing starts at 28:25.
I recommend skipping to 59:25 to watch,that is when the race 1 redo starts and the other 2 races go off decently after that. It will get you by alot of stuff you dont really need to see.

You guys needs fixed host always solves the can't see others problem

Not necessarily true! It usually works, but it depends. :(

Was having problems last week w/ invisible cars. Multiple drivers couldn't see each other, though *I* could see everyone.

So I made a new room & put it on fixed host. My internet connection is (usually) excellent. (ie reliable)

I put the race on fixed host.
Everybody entered the track ---> NO invisible cars. (everyone saw total)
I started the qualifying...

Then when the race started there was a missing car on track on the grid.
I never saw this driver in the race. (empty spot on grid)

003-jpg.299167

Others saw this driver in the race though. Just not me.
And I almost NEVER have had invisible car problems. (Even when other people have the invisible cars.)

So this happened AFTER the vision check came back everybody-seeing-everybody. :(
And I was the fixed host. :boggled:

I've since gotten a new modem/router. And I've hosted on non-fixed host, and there was only one instance of someone having invisible cars, and it was fixed by that driver re-entering the room.

Seriously? WTH.

You need to check your racism at the door, @Schmiggz.
My goodness handle!!! Racism? Are you out of your mind?
I'll explain... at least here in Toronto, there's a saying that if you have any problem regarding electronic devices, you hire an Asian guy to fix it. Why? Because of an obvious stereotyped general opinion that Asians are amazing with electronics. That's all budz. No racism attached.

I'll explain... at least here in Toronto, there's a saying that if you have any problem regarding electronic devices, you hire an 🤬 🤬 to fix it. Why? Because of an obvious stereotyped general opinion that 🤬 are amazing with electronics. That's all budz. No racism attached.

FYI:
Stereotyping is a result of racism. :dopey:

EDIT: THere was also some sexism in that too. :rolleyes:

Tires ? @vsfit so looking forward to this testing stuff...
SH...I'll post my room settings in a minute.
Tire Restrictions (updated on 1/28/15):

Based on Dealership PP (not the PP after an oil change)
below 349 PP -> Comfort Mediums
350-399 PP ---> Comfort Softs
400-449 PP ---> Sports Hards
450-499 PP ---> Sports Mediums
500-549 PP ---> Sports Softs
550-599 PP ---> Racing Hards
600 PP & up --> Racing Mediums

Room Settings:
410 pp (after oil)
208 hp
1230kg
FR
SH Tires

Last edited:
I'll explain... at least here in Toronto, there's a saying that if you have any problem regarding electronic devices, you hire an Asian guy to fix it. Why? Because of an obvious stereotyped general opinion that Asians are amazing with electronics. That's all budz. No racism attached.

It's not worth the effort Schmiggz. In some peoples undying efforts to be politically correct, they've effectively destroyed comic relief. If you so much as mumble somebody ethnicity, you'll be labeled a racist. Context doesn't matter anymore.

It's not worth the effort Schmiggz. In some peoples undying efforts to be politically correct, they've effectively destroyed comic relief. If you so much as mumble somebody ethnicity, you'll be labeled a racist. Context doesn't matter anymore.
I know, eh? But you know what? I fully understant how uncomfortable this matters still are to a lot of Americans as racism continues to be an enormous social issue in the United States.
In Canada we are way, way more free regarding that as racism is our social problem #563.05. Not our # 1 or 2 like over there.

I know, eh? But you know what? I fully understant how uncomfortable this matters still are to a lot of Americans as racism continues to be an enormous social issue in the United States.
In Canada we are way, way more free regarding that as racism is our social problem #563.05. Not our # 1 or 2 like over there.
I don't know; it reads to me more like Canada is just not aware, kind of like where it seemed the US was in my teens (ignorant about using stereotypes). Also, I don't think you can claim humor as a shield here. In order to do that there's gotta be some hint of something funny somewhere in there and while I can recognize that humor is subjective I don't think anyone would genuinely laugh at your stereotype. Honest question: where is the humor I seem to be missing there?

That is just it there really isn't any humor in this.

Any phrase that generally goes along with "Let the black guy do it" or the Hispanic guy or the Asian guy or "Have the woman do that stuff..." is probably not really humor or appropriate...

I just realized how pointless it is to try to explain racism or sexism in a post exist - intended or not - when someone can't see it in front of their eyes. Like explaining the color blue to someone who is blind.

Alright, I need to walk away from this one.

Last edited:
I don't know; it reads to me more like Canada is just not aware,

^^Generalization?

Not being nasty, just pointing out how easy it is to miss how often we do it. Even those who may think they don't generalize people, and certainly not by the color of their skin, because you know... that's a worse offense.

Back