◆ SNAIL [Spec] Racing - Currently Recruiting for GT7 - JOIN TODAY!!Open 

• Thread starter zer05ive
  • 147,692 comments
you should be able to pick up a pair of g27 or 25 pedals on the cheap and get adapter. There was no progresion on the pedals at all was down and straight back up.

I got a dfgt if any brits on a controller want it for £30.00

So I pass the freeze on since I can't choose track or car

Just tagging @serge19 so he knows that he has the freeze now. It's up to him to freeze either the Lexus or Grand Valley.

Me and my wife just witnessed something amazing.
We went to watch "American Sniper" and the silence at the end of the movie in a 350 people movie theater was nothing short than... creepy.

The exact same silence happened when my son and I saw this film. Not a word. Church was never that quiet.

As long as people don't praise the man as a hero of any kind. The movie is far from the actual man's written accounts.

Otherwise, a movie can just be a good movie. Turn your brain off and enjoy type things. Sometimes.

As long as people don't praise the man as a hero of any kind. The movie is far from the actual man's written accounts.

Otherwise, a movie can just be a good movie. Turn your brain off and enjoy type things. Sometimes.
Not trying to get into a heated debate about this, however IMO, any person who has served in the US military IS and SHOULD BE considered a hero. I would think as an American you would think the same way. The freedoms you have today is strictly due to the sacrifice of many of our hero's that have served and continue to serve. Again, not trying to start anything just making a point.

Hmm... I disagree with a lot of what you said but I'm not gonna continue discussing it. It's okay to believe different things and we don't have to have those kinds of intellectual arguments in this topic. If you wish to discuss it we can PM. But if it makes you feel better, point made? :cheers:

By the way, by intellectual argument I mean a logical discussion where two or more differing/opposing parties express their thoughts and opinions.

Hmm... I disagree with a lot of what you said but I'm not gonna continue discussing it. It's okay to believe different things and we don't have to have those kinds of intellectual arguments in this topic. If you wish to discuss it we can PM. But if it makes you feel better, point made? :cheers:

By the way, by intellectual argument I mean a logical discussion where two or more differing/opposing parties express their thoughts and opinions.
if this continues please tag me in the pm (although from what I've heard on the subject (bill maher) I highly agree with you! He may have served but... you shouldn't enjoy hurting people but do it because it's the right thing to do and feel remorse for doing it!

If you wish to discuss it we can PM.

Just referring to this part. I like seeing debates on sensitive subjects and like seeing different points of view

Like I stated before, I'm not wanting to stir anything up. I was/am just shocked at how some people take for granted the freedoms that many have fought and died for. I'm not saying I agree with alot of the stuff going on, but I do, personally, consider all military personnel hero's for their sacrifices made. That being said, everyone is entitled to their own opinion and the freedom to say what they wish. You know the old saying, everyone has one!!!!

1) You assume I take "freedom" for granted.
2) My dead uncle was in the Navy for 6 months and quit. Is he a hero in your eyes?
3) The people that died for my "freedom" died in the American Revolution, War of 1812, and any other conflicts with Great Britain. Because that's who we got our "freedom" from.

I put freedom in quotations because I'm already free. I don't need a government to tell me that.

All I'm saying right now. Good night.

1) I never said that you personally take freedom for granted, I stated I am/was shocked at how "some" people take it for granted. This was not an attack on you so smoke another one, hell smoke one for me, and chill.
2) If your uncle served for the Navy for just 6 months and then quit, yes I do consider him a hero. Anybody who serves makes sacrifices, their families make sacrifices for the betterment of the US, no matter how small they are. I understand that there are bad soldiers that give the rest a bad name, but they are still making sacrifices. IMO, that sacrifice, no matter how small means alot and should be shown respect.
3) Soldiers still fight til this day to ensure the people of the United States have the freedoms/securities, that our forefathers fought for back in 1812. I'm not saying I agree with how the US is handling things overseas BY ANY MEANS, just saying that our soldiers deserve respect and support from the people.

Not all soldiers are good, I understand this, but they have still made sacrifices that I respect. Those soldiers will be dealt with, in time, and have to live the rest of their lives living with the decisions they have made.

Now I'm done ranting and raving about this as I hope you are as well. Like my very first sentence on this topic stated, I didn't want to start anything. I was simply stating that I personally consider all military personnel hero's. Good night and I wish you the best.

I wanted to but I won't.

I havn't seen the movie, but I did read the book. The role of the sniper is not a glamourous profession, except for the soldier's lives saved by said sniper. It's not something I would want to do, that's for sure.

I consider him a hero, like I do all who serve, in any capacity. He had a tough job to do that he was extremely proficiant at doing. Just like the tanker, the appache pilot and the grunt on the ground, he did his job and was proud of it and in doing his job saved a lot of Coalition lives.

What a personal way to wage war though, I would bet every time he closed his eyes at night, he was visited by some of those targets.

Best sniper movie....Enemy at the Gates. Makes me want to move to Stalingrad in the winter.

Latest Posts

Back