1.03 update adds ONLINE ONLY mechanical damage (No further details known.)

• Thread starter fabianw
  • 638 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Element504
Just got the notification for the update when I was doing the Birthday stuff.. anybody knows what they changed so far? Mines still installing..

Last edited:
Yes same as I started GT5 I was prompted for the update, I thought I was missing something as I hadn't seen it mentioned yet. It's 149MB.

Updating now.

Installing as we speak. Its a decently sized file. I wonder what it could be because I have heard nothing of any maintenance.

Link only mentioned online stuff.. so I hope this Birthday stuff still works, have some cars I'd like to own, haha

i wonder if the ps3 firmware update has anything to do with gt5s update being released at the same time

"...and its 113 megabytes of content have increased the number of connections in addition to adding horsepower and weight restriction options to online mode."

So, still no patches regarding the game itself. Just little settings that can be added on-the-fly and should have been included with release. When will we be seeing the serious patches that address issues with the game?

EDIT: Article from November? (Thanks, cornishbrooksy)... Anyone got an actual link to the changes?

That link provided was for 1.02, 1.03 must be a typo.

Edit Tree'd

Edit 2, update finished

"...and its 113 megabytes of content have increased the number of connections in addition to adding horsepower and weight restriction options to online mode."

So, still no patches regarding the game itself. Just little settings that can be added on-the-fly and should have been included with release. When will we be seeing the serious patches that address issues with the game?

1.03 is 149MB not 133.

3.55 was actually released a bit earlier, maybe 1-1/2 hours ago, the patch for the game on the other hand was just released as I posted this topic, seeing as I didn't know anything about a patch that was incoming I was kind of shocked.

that's an old link that was supposed to be for 1.02 but had a typo.

Could this be the damage patch that Kaz has been mentioning for early December? :dopey:

That would be good,but what i'm patiently waiting for is the Leaderboards :)

Link only mentioned online stuff.. so I hope this Birthday stuff still works, have some cars I'd like to own, haha

The link mentioned stuff that was in 1.02 not 1.03 too. I think this is suppose to be the mechanical damage patch but we'll find out soon enough.

Yeah, this is supposed to be the mechanical damage update. Let's see if Polyphony followed through. Anyone found mechanical damage yet?

Just got the update and B-day glitch not working, but the seeing as it says the servers are down for maintenance, it's not surprising.

Not holding my breath....

Hope they've put some good stuff in.

Just got the update and B-day glitch not working, but the seeing as it says the servers are down for maintenance, it's not surprising.

Not holding my breath....

Hope they've put some good stuff in.

Bday glitch isnt working?!?!? NOOOOO!! lol

I hope They Fix That Birthday Glitch. Would Make Trading Cars A Lot More Intersting In My Opinion.
I'd hope they fix the problems with the game that make the "glitch" appealing before they fix the "glitch" itself.

Last edited:
This is posted on the GT5 official site

The online service of Gran Turismo 5 will undergo maintenance during the following hours:

Start: 07/12/2010 03:00 (GMT)
Finish: 07/12/2010 04:00 (GMT)

During the maintenance, it will not be possible to connect to any of the online services.

*Please note that the exact times of the maintenance may slightly vary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back