1.03 update adds ONLINE ONLY mechanical damage (No further details known.)

• Thread starter fabianw
  • 638 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
I just quoted myself to ask again. Does anyone know what might be the problem or how to fix it? I don't know much about PS3 cause I bought it only for GT5, so any help will be appreciated.

If you have a wireless connection to your PS3, make sure the signal is fairly strong, if possible use an ethernet cable. It could be that causing it rather than the update itself.

Wow I love the damage online...lol my friends can finally stop bashing into me:)

Stop complaining guys...lol this is one of many updates coming!!!

the fact that this doesn't work in gt mode (even at least as a toggle) aggravates the crap out of me. I figure that if there was visual damage, maybe it would be improved, maybe there would be mechanical damage. Then i hear this announcement of a patch that's coming for mechanical damage; and just like everything else, its half-***ed and online only. wow FULL DAMAGE? 1000 CARS? what a bunch of crap; its like two different games being duct taped together into one disappointing experience. I was willing to hold out before, but this just irritates me to no end.

Absolutely. It is so incredibly frustrating that PD realized that this is an issue that they wanted to resolve, and then only fixed it for half of the game. It is like everyone making a big deal over head tracking, and then it only being available in arcade mode time trials. If you can't implement something in the entire game, wait until you can to release it.

You guys aren't thinking this through fully. Mechanical Damage in GT Life would make it impossible to finish a race because of how bad the A.I. is. They are doing you a favor. They need to fix the A.I. but they implement something this complex into the career mode.

the fact that this doesn't work in gt mode (even at least as a toggle) aggravates the crap out of me. I figure that if there was visual damage, maybe it would be improved, maybe there would be mechanical damage. Then i hear this announcement of a patch that's coming for mechanical damage; and just like everything else, its half-***ed and online only. wow FULL DAMAGE? 1000 CARS? what a bunch of crap; its like two different games being duct taped together into one disappointing experience. I was willing to hold out before, but this just irritates me to no end.

Maybe, just maybe, they aren't finished doing it for GT Life, so they decided to be nice and release the online portion of it early instead of us waiting even longer for all of it. And then maybe they will release the GT Life portion when it is finished. Half empty kind of guy huh? I personally am impressed at how quickly they implemented it for online. I am glad they are doing it as they finish instead of waiting and doing it all at once later.

With how bad the A.I. is? I'm glad mechanical damage isn't in. I would just turn it off anyways because it would make races against the A.I. impossible.

So, because one feature is severely flawed, they leave out another that might compound the original problem. Makes sense. No, really...makes sense.

So, because one feature is severely flawed, they leave out another that might compound the original problem. Makes sense. No, really...makes sense.
You know, I've been thinking that they took that exact route with a lot of the design choices in GT5.

Calm down guys, A-Spec mechanical damage will unlock at Lvl51. Get back to grinding :yuck:

Update also adds B-spec bipolar disorder at Lvl 50, one second hes driving fine in the cool and in a blink of an eye request him to pass too much and he's in the red and may just pull over and refuse to race until hes gotten over his thoughts of suicide because his 970Kg 440HP Cerbera can't pass a Lotus Europa in the British Lightweight race.....

I'm a bit gutted it's not in GT mode :( I guess I will await the next update with the online leaderboards. And why don't they explain the contents of these updates on the news feed in the main menu? Crazy, hopefully they will make it work in GT mode soon. Dies it at least work in Practice mode when there is no one else on the track but you?

Maybe, just maybe, they aren't finished doing it for GT Life, so they decided to be nice and release the online portion of it early instead of us waiting even longer for all of it. And then maybe they will release the GT Life portion when it is finished. Half empty kind of guy huh? I personally am impressed at how quickly they implemented it for online. I am glad they are doing it as they finish instead of waiting and doing it all at once later.

This. If you want to implement mechanical damage in an environment with AI, then you have to implement how the AI reacts to it.

I am clearly not as smart as I thought I was.

Somehow, despite the fact almost every one of Kaz's comments revealing something good coming along somehow manages to be only half what it seems obivious it should be, I totally didn't see this coming...

I mean give us a toggle so that if the bad AI does piss us off we can switch it off, but for those like me who really want damage in GTLIFE why keep it away from me entirely :(

Anyone else PS3 get reset because of the updates right near the end of a 4hr endurance race? Unless its some huge coincidence that it reset at exactly the same time the 2 patches became available.

I would think GT Life would be the hardest mode to add damage to. PD would have to see if it adds to the difficulty of certain events and re-balance them or tweak the A.I..

Can't wait to get online. Was having a bad day rear ending people and missing turns, you just never know what your going to get in a shuffle race.

I hope you are following the wikileaks saga and the worlds opinion of America's attitude towards other people.

Relevance? So a Kiwi and an Aussie would rather play the launch date version of the game than the latest one, which aims to fix the game's problems, because they pay per GB fees, and I find that ridiculous... (Hint: disconnect your PS3 from the internet before you play this game, save yourself some money). This means I hate the rest of the world? Ironic, as I'm a traveling professor :).

Anyway, back on topic, I'm a wee bit excited that they're releasing updates regularly, as another poster stated. There's a darn good chance this game lives up to some of our hype... eventually. Side note, I love it anyway.

Well, for one I'm happy this is being implemented online first. Today I finally gave the online mode a try, went on the Nordschleife and some guy with a heavily modified car kept hitting me and running off course. I then made my own lobby trying to do some free run hot laps on the Nordschleife at night and another idiot came driving on the wrong way flashing his lights and crashed right into me. I try to avoid damage at all costs on GT Mode so for now I don't mind though it would be nice. I'll be back online once the idiots get bored.

its not being a half empty kind of guy, its the fact that we were promised something in no certain terms, no mention was made of it being partially implemented, and then what we get is something akin to head-tracking; half done for only one mode. i would rather have it done right the first time than done fast a few times.

what we have right now is an over glorified beta; hell prologue felt more complete than this. at least what was promised in that game was actually 100% in that game. this on the other hand is insulting to me as a gamer on just how much a company can rely on after release patching for a title.

btw i hope it is added to gt mode eventually; im just very angry right now with the whole partial features shenanigans with this game

Still no g25/g27 support?

Thanks kaz.....
OH but you do have support for the Thurstmaster????

FML

Relevance? So a Kiwi and an Aussie would rather play the launch date version of the game than the latest one, which aims to fix the game's problems, because they pay per GB fees, and I find that ridiculous... (Hint: disconnect your PS3 from the internet before you play this game, save yourself some money). This means I hate the rest of the world? Ironic, as I'm a traveling professor :).

Anyway, back on topic, I'm a wee bit excited that they're releasing updates regularly, as another poster stated. There's a darn good chance this game lives up to some of our hype... eventually. Side note, I love it anyway.

Not every country around the world can afford these 100mb updates every 2 weeks. I guess, professor, you know some plans charge you 10 cents for every mb you go over right?

PD please disregard the rest of the world and revolve your plans around "educated" Americans.

This. If you want to implement mechanical damage in an environment with AI, then you have to implement how the AI reacts to it.

I just don't understand why people don't look at things as a whole before flipping out about something that makes the game better but isn't exactly the way they want it. You my friend, get it! 👍

You guys aren't thinking this through fully. Mechanical Damage in GT Life would make it impossible to finish a race because of how bad the A.I. is. They are doing you a favor. They need to fix the A.I. but they implement something this complex into the career mode.

Well online apparently has the ability to turn it off so why not do the same for offline? I hope this is just a case of them not being fully done with mechanical damage so they only released the online part FOR NOW...or else it's just another weird nonsensical idea by PD. Honestly I can't seem to understand the way they think. It's like one of them comes up with an idea, then the rest of them come up with ways of implementing it in the stupidest way possible. It's just frustrating knowing what this game could be and seeing what it is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back