1.06: Stockyard glitch is NOT fixed!

• Thread starter KiroKai
  • 30 comments
Germany
Germany
KiroKai
KiroKai
21lly6e.jpg

I recently put a bunch of cars I rarely use/need, especially race cars worth half a million or more, into my stockyard. Last night I needed a kart to do a career race and it turns out the stockyard glitch has still not been fixed. As you can see it shows the actual car count (69 cars) as number of cars in my stockyard as long as I don't load it, but as soon as I open it, it says no cars and when I back out the count jumps back to 0.

Since it saved and overwrote my current save with '0' cars in my stockyard, I backed it up onto my USB and deleted my save. Restarted game without a save expecting the backup to load, first time I tried to rely on this backup. Got an error saying my save file is corrupted and a new game will be started. Couldn't believe it and thought, oh, that's gotta be a wrong worded error message, it surely will load the auto backup? Nope, it prompted me with screen size and language settings. So here's another game breaking glitch that could easily make you lose your progress, your automatic save backup is actually useless.

Got a backup that's about a week old from my PC, loaded it, in-game it showed 69 cars in the stockyard, but the same issue came up, when I loaded it up it showed no cars again and the count jumped back to 0.

So without saving the stockyard showing 0 cars, I restarted the game once more, and instead of opening the stockyard directly (which again showed 69 cars) I tried adding a car. It showed the usual 'loading stockyard', the count changed to 1. When I opened the stockyard it only showed that one car I added.

So yeah, I guess my stockyard's gone. If you got any other ideas which I could try, let me know. This is also an important info to all players as the last time I heard of people losing cars in their stockyard was in some thread about undocumented fixes of 1.03 or 1.02, I don't remember exactly.

Last edited:
Hmm. I've got about 350 cars in there and am using it constantly. No problems yet. It's slightly worrying though to hear that problem is still out there. I'm always careful to give the game enough time to open and close/save the stockyard as this seems to be a separate part of the game that is being saved. If that really helps though, I don't know. Of course, the game should be robust enough for this not to happen unless you unplug the playstation in the middle of closing the stockyard/saving the game. Maybe I was just lucky so far.

21lly6e.jpg

I recently put a bunch of cars I rarely use/need, especially race cars worth half a million or more, into my stockyard. Last night I needed a kart to do a career race and it turns out the stockyard glitch has still not been fixed. As you can see it shows the actual car count (69 cars) as number of cars in my stockyard as long as I don't load it, but as soon as I open it, it says no cars and when I back out the count jumps back to 0.

Since it saved and overwrote my current save with '0' cars in my stockyard, I backed it up onto my USB and deleted my save. Restarted game without a save expecting the backup to load, first time I tried to rely on this backup. Got an error saying my save file is corrupted and a new game will be started. Couldn't believe it and thought, oh, that's gotta be a wrong worded error message, it surely will load the auto backup? Nope, it prompted me with screen size and language settings. So here's another game breaking glitch that could easily make you lose your progress, your automatic save backup is actually useless.

Got a backup that's about a week old from my PC, loaded it, in-game it showed 69 cars in the stockyard, but the same issue came up, when I loaded it up it showed no cars again and the count jumped back to 0.

So without saving the stockyard showing 0 cars, I restarted the game once more, and instead of opening the stockyard directly (which again showed 69 cars) I tried adding a car. It showed the usual 'loading stockyard', the count changed to 1. When I opened the stockyard it only showed that one car I added.

So yeah, I guess my stockyard's gone. If you got any other ideas which I could try, let me know. This is also an important info to all players as the last time I heard of people losing cars in their stockyard was in some thread about undocumented fixes of 1.03 or 1.02, I don't remember exactly.
The stockyard glitch is fixed so the problem is you end you have done something wrong.

Did you load the old save files after you added the cars to the stock yard?

(added the cars to the stockyard- exited the game- loaded the old save file from an USB drive- started the game- cars are gone.)

Hmm. I've got about 350 cars in there and am using it constantly. No problems yet. It's slightly worrying though to hear that problem is still out there. I'm always careful to give the game enough time to open and close/save the stockyard as this seems to be a separate part of the game that is being saved. If that really helps though, I don't know. Of course, the game should be robust enough for this not to happen unless you unplug the playstation in the middle of closing the stockyard/saving the game. Maybe I was just lucky so far.

I hope it stays fine for you then. I had no save/stockyard issues so far either, I barely ever accessed the stockyard though. I've put in most of those cars at once in a single load/save session since it takes so long to load and save, and I did reopen it once right after that to check and make sure the cars are there. I haven't left the game with the stockyard still open either. I'm pretty sure I've put them in on 1.05, a couple days before the release of 1.06.

Did you load the old save files after you added the cars to the stock yard?

(added the cars to the stockyard- exited the game- loaded the old save file from an USB drive- started the game- cars are gone.)

No, as the initial loading failure was on my current save which should have all cars in the stockyard. I've put them in before making the older backup a week ago, so they should be in the stockyard on both savegames. (And they are, at least in corrupted state, as I can still load the backup and it will say 69 cars in the stockyard before I open it.)

The stockyard glitch is fixed so the problem is you end you have done something wrong.

And that'd be? No offence but telling me it's my fault without giving even a clue or going into any troubleshooting I already tried doesn't help.

Says who exactly? Sure, I haven't heard about it for ages (I think since 1.02?) so it seemed to be fixed. However, this is now the 2nd or 3rd time I heard about it happening after 1.06. Who knows, maybe something 1.06 did let the glitch re-appear.

Says who exactly? Sure, I haven't heard about it for ages (I think since 1.02?) so it seemed to be fixed. However, this is now the 2nd or 3rd time I heard about it happening after 1.06. Who knows, maybe something 1.06 did let the glitch re-appear.

Same, as I said in the opening post, it's been a long time since I heard of people losing cars in it so I felt secure enough. There has been no official note about the glitch from PD and nobody can tell for sure if the glitch has been addressed, fully solved or not. We don't actually know if PD are aware of it.

Just checked mine and all of my cars that were in there are still there.... I'm not able to get online at the moment, is anyone else experiencing this?...

No, as the initial loading failure was on my current save which should have all cars in the stockyard. I've put them in before making the older backup a week ago, so they should be in the stockyard on both savegames. (And they are, at least in corrupted state, as I can still load the backup and it will say 69 cars in the stockyard before I open it.)

Hmmm... okay, then I don't know what is the problem.

I just thought that if you used the backup save file, it messed up the info for the stockyard. I believe the stockyard is saved in the system files, so if the save file was somehow changed or replaced that could have caused the problem.

Hmmm... okay, then I don't know what is the problem.

I just thought that if you used the backup save file, it messed up the info for the stockyard. I believe the stockyard is saved in the system files, so if the save file was somehow changed or replaced that could have caused the problem.

I had this thought as well, but if you delete/reinstall/corrupt game data you'd lose your stockyard as well then? I think PD would consider that, or give us an alert somewhere, like in the manual. But I'm not sure. Thanks for the input. :)

Edit: Had a look at the manual, stockyard is not mentioned anywhere, not even in the part about car garages. Weird...

Last edited:
I had this thought as well, but if you delete/reinstall/corrupt game data you'd lose your stockyard as well then? I think PD would consider that, or give us an alert somewhere, like in the manual. But I'm not sure. Thanks for the input. :)

Edit: Had a look at the manual, stockyard is not mentioned anywhere, not even in the part about car garages. Weird...

It's mentioned in "Managing your cars"- "Car list", but it is only said that it can hold 9,999 cars. And you should transfer cars from your garage once it starts to fill up. :/
I hope this problem will be fixed.

Play legit, then you don't lose anything :lol:
That happened for me couple days ago but I was happy when cars get removed so easily :lol:
Just one click and 150 useles cars gone :D

That happened for me couple days ago but I was happy when cars get removed so easily :lol:

So it does seem to happen more often now. I am definitely transferring my 8 Frozen Black M4s to my garage asap. :lol:Fortunately I have plenty of space in my garage.

Wow, I actually have to start worrying again...
I apologize for complaining, but the stockyard truly is something that never should have existed. Nobody wanted the feature, it's annoying, it takes way too long to load, you can't access it online, and now it seems there's still a small chance of you losing all of your cars in it.
Why couldn't they just give us the unlimited GT5 garage? A 500 car garage limit....come on. It's 2014, not 2001. =/

Again, I am sincerely sorry for complaining, but this really frustrates me. :( I really, really, REALLY hope they give us a much bigger garage limit within the next few updates...

Wow, I actually have to start worrying again...
I apologize for complaining, but the stockyard truly is something that never should have existed. Nobody wanted the feature, it's annoying, it takes way too long to load, you can't access it online, and now it seems there's still a small chance of you losing all of your cars in it.
Why couldn't they just give us the unlimited GT5 garage? A 500 car garage limit....come on. It's 2014, not 2001. =/

Again, I am sincerely sorry for complaining, but this really frustrates me. :( I really, really, REALLY hope they give us a much bigger garage limit within the next few updates...

GT5 had a garage limit of 2,000 cars which was more than enough without any stockyard, I agree. A funny thing is, GT6 still has this 2,000 cars limit, it's just set to 500 cars in the save file.

This is why I am not too angry about it. If I bought those cars with legit earned credits, I'd sue Kaz now :lol: Still a pain in the bottom to get them back.

So, I take it this is brought on my modding your save game?

So, I take it this is brought on my modding your save game?

Who do you refer to? If you mean 'by modding', and mean me, no, this has nothing to do with save modding, but I bought most expensive race cars with the credit glitch back 1.01. Still annoying to lose all those vehicles.

:banghead: Thanks for the heads-up @KiroKai, I was literally just about to start moving cars over

This is why I am not too angry about it. If I bought those cars with legit earned credits, I'd sue Kaz now :lol: Still a pain in the bottom to get them back.

That's actually a very good point lol, I'd be livid if I had paid for credits and lost cars

Who do you refer to? If you mean 'by modding', and mean me, no, this has nothing to do with save modding, but I bought most expensive race cars with the credit glitch back 1.01. Still annoying to lose all those vehicles.

I was just making a general reference to the part I bolded in JK's post. I thought that maybe this glitch was a result of modding one's save, that's all.

GT5 had a garage limit of 2,000 cars which was more than enough without any stockyard, I agree. A funny thing is, GT6 still has this 2,000 cars limit, it's just set to 500 cars in the save file.
You have no idea how happy I would be if they set the limit to 2000 in GT6's garage...
I had close to 1500 cars in GT5, and I used every single one of them.

This is exactly why I don't use the stockyard.

So... not only it takes a giant amount of time to load, but it also can rid you of the burden of owning some cars, and it can break your save file, whose copy is useless.

That's 4 issues in a single sentence, wow. And I just realized I lost the classic Charger to the Stockyard.

Way to go, PD. I'm almost completely out of hope for this company.

And that'd be? No offence but telling me it's my fault without giving even a clue or going into any troubleshooting I already tried doesn't help.
I have 76 good cars in Stockyard they been there since 1.05 patch and I added a few more cars the other day and they are fine in the stockyard I never had and issue with it since PD fix it.

Just installed 1.06 today. After the installation the controller buttons no longer functions (WTF?!).

I use a DFGT, and I can "press" the X-button by switching back and fourth to the DS3, but there is no way in hell I could use that trick on the track instead of the gaspedal. I havent found the back-button (circle) yet...

Anyone else got this glitch? The game is now totaly unplayable.

Check your controller options and make sure your DS3 is set as controller 1.

What is such a random issue doing here though? :P

Check your controller options and make sure your DS3 is set as controller 1.
This is exactly how I can press the X-button since the physical X-button dont work in the game :-). And in order to press X again, I have to set the DFGT to controller 1. Yes its weird... Note that the controls in the PS3 XMB menu and in all my other games works just fine, so its only when in GT6 the buttons stops working.

I have 76 good cars in Stockyard they been there since 1.05 patch and I added a few more cars the other day and they are fine in the stockyard I never had and issue with it since PD fix it.
Oh well, that obviously excludes the possibility of anyone else having the issue!

Something I would do if you plan to use the stockyard: Back up your save on a thumb drive before you put anything into the stockyard. If you plan on putting more cars in, take everything out of the stockyard, save, and back up the new save file. I assume this will protect your cars if they somehow vanish in the stockyard.

After 1.06 I started using the stockyard, and so far nothing serious has happened. Occasionally the last car will not move out, but that's fixed by exiting and re-entering the garage.

The whole idea of having a stockyard in the first place is plain stupid. If they just gave us several different garages of 500 cars each, we'd have access to all our cars all of the time, & loading times wouldn't be affected. Too many times PD seems to go for the convoluted, bloated, & user unfriendly ideas.

Back