1/4 Drag: The Car Classes

• Thread starter DLR
  • 416 comments
are you serious the ACR viper in a drag race _- ha ha

the ACR is about downforce and cornering ..
not abot top speed _-_ the ferrari 458 wont just eat the Acr it'll smoke it ..

sidenote .. the viper is my favorite car ever but even i know what the Acr is for and drag racing is not one ..

You my friend, are very funny, I would love to see a 458 Italia smoke an ACR in a drag race. And even if the Italia was faster than the ACR in a drag race, then why don't you see EVERYONE with an Italia running down the track at a blazing 164+ MPH speeds in 1?

Think again my friend... SMOKED

Last edited:
I was looking over the begining replies to this thread and boy some people did not know what they were talking about. I laughed sooo hard at some of the things being said I started hyperventalating. Damn near gave me a seziure. :lol:

That was the good days of this all, this thread was made smacked dab in the middle of it all

Damn, I never knew about E-cheat, does that work for FF also? Just wondering? and how can you tell if some one is doing this?

Danny280zxturbo
Damn, I never knew about E-cheat, does that work for FF also? Just wondering? and how can you tell if some one is doing this?

E-cheat does not work for FF, and you'll know if someone does it when you hear a drop of rev and they pull ahead

O.G
Fully upgraded broken in DC5 '04 non rm is 398hp
And should be running around 11.62x
With a good tune 11.60s and mid tune 11.61s, just run it for 188miles and change the oil! u can use bspec mode if you are lazy or just use the Daytona track too!👍

lolwut.jpg

As if you don't need a tune in circuit racing? I wonder where you raced (if you ever raced).
And what's hard about going in a straight line? :dunce:

- You don't need skill, you only need a car so it's harder, what?!

Good list though.

How you get a picture that big????

What is a good competetive car online? I've spent my last dollar on a stupid Tom's Chaser, only to get beat by pretty much everything else. :indiff:

What is a good competetive car online? I've spent my last dollar on a stupid Tom's Chaser, only to get beat by pretty much everything else. :indiff:

the chaser isn't a bad car, theres a helpful link on page 1 of the ATP thread that shows the cars that will have a good run against other cars 👍

DLR heres where i would put these cars in terms of Class. All these car time launch quickest tunes by me and dream00 and Janco. Tuned them for dannys leaderboard. SL600 runs 9:267, SL65 runs 9:377. Speed 12 runs 9:277, Zonda C12s 7.5 runs 9:240. These cars will run with and beat the r34,, Gallardo, McClaren MP4-12C '10, they won't beat but run even or slightly behind Z06, ZR1, Ford GT '02, Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car. These are all 9:2sec cars. Another 9:2sec car people underestimate is the Zonda R Race car for the road runs 9:270+'sec 1/4M times too.

The Cien runs 9:194 will keep up with any 9:1 sec car including GT-R '07, GT-R Black Mask '07, GT-R Concept (Tokyo Motor Show 2001), audi R8, Ford GT '06, Nuvolari quattro, Viper GTS-R, Viper GTS '02, RS6 Avant '08, SLR '09 (19 Inch Wheel option), SLR McClaren '03, Ford GT '05 (Stripe), GTS '99, Murcielago LP-640, the Z06 RM, ZR1 RM. All other standard r34's.

The McClaren F1 only runs 9:340's 1/4M, so it will run with an SL65, Audi R8 5.2, AC Cobra premium all 9:3sec cars. The SL65 has a low poweband on mid turbo with Mid Turbo giving out 1000bhp rather than 983bhp as normal people might tune them. The McClaren has too much wheelspin is too light and so is the Speed 12.

One car you need to put near the R35 GT-R TC is the Toyota Minolta 88C-V Race Car '89. With good tree you can keep up with and beat a R35 GT-R TC. I never tuned it but this thing runs 8:7's... :lol: :D

Last edited:
DLR heres where i would put these cars in terms of Class. All these car time launch quickest tunes by me and dream00 and Janco. Tuned them for dannys leaderboard. SL600 runs 9:267, SL65 runs 9:377. Speed 12 runs 9:277, Zonda C12s 7.5 runs 9:240. These cars will run with and beat the r34,, Gallardo, McClaren MP4-12C '10, they won't beat but run even or slightly behind Z06, ZR1, Ford GT '02, Ford GT LM Spec II Test Car. These are all 9:2sec cars. Another 9:2sec car people underestimate is the Zonda R Race car for the road runs 9:270+'sec 1/4M times too.

The Cien runs 9:194 will keep up with any 9:1 sec car including GT-R '07, GT-R Black Mask '07, GT-R Concept (Tokyo Motor Show 2001), audi R8, Ford GT '06, Nuvolari quattro, Viper GTS-R, Viper GTS '02, RS6 Avant '08, SLR '09 (19 Inch Wheel option), SLR McClaren '03, Ford GT '05 (Stripe), GTS '99, Murcielago LP-640, the Z06 RM, ZR1 RM. All other standard r34's.

The McClaren F1 only runs 9:340's 1/4M, so it will run with an SL65, Audi R8 5.2, AC Cobra premium all 9:3sec cars. The SL65 has a low poweband on mid turbo with Mid Turbo giving out 1000bhp rather than 983bhp as normal people might tune them. The McClaren has too much wheelspin is too light and so is the Speed 12.

One car you need to put near the R35 GT-R TC is the Toyota Minolta 88C-V Race Car '89. With good tree you can keep up with and beat a R35 GT-R TC. I never tuned it but this thing runs 8:7's... :lol: :D

The only car in the game that ran with the R35 TC was the MINOLTA, there have been arguments that the R92CP ran 8.7's but I've never seen picture proof and even if it did the fastest time I've ever heard was 8.79's on timed launch which would probably be at least mid 8.8's from the full rev which wouldn't take either the MINOLTA or the R35 TC. So the only good match for the R35 TC on GT5 is the MINOLTA.

I hated running any cars below 9.4. That is all everyone tuned which made it not exciting. That is why I stuck to the slow cars like the bmw z4 08. Most people stray away from these cars because they were not that fast and tuning them was a bit of a pain in the ass. I have to say my favorite cars to tune were Bmw z4, Lambo Countach, Delorean DMC, and the 83 lancer ex.

I hated running any cars below 9.4. That is all everyone tuned which made it not exciting. That is why I stuck to the slow cars like the bmw z4 08. Most people stray away from these cars because they were not that fast and tuning them was a bit of a pain in the ass. I have to say my favorite cars to tune were Bmw z4, Lambo Countach, Delorean DMC, and the 83 lancer ex.

I loved running my R32 TC against the Cobra 427, I would always have a great run with them in the end, most of the time it ended in a tie but that got boring pretty quick and then I stated to run slower cars like 9.8 and up, those fast cars are boring. M5 with BBS LM-R rims FTW!

Back