1/4 Mile Transmission Tuning for Dummies(Fully Illustrated)

Or just do as the other 15,000 people did and look in the thread titled EVERY DRAG TUNE THAT EXISTS. It should be right up here with this thread, maybe 1 or 2 below it. Free fastish tunes there, not the best but gimmies are never the "best of the best" :lol:. The only way to have a great tune is to learn and make it yourself.

EDIT: I just used that thread and found a tune for the ZZII, by Karo, in under 1 min. Too easy.
I found it so quickly that I dont even get a green edit line....hmmmmm
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=6920079#post6920079

Transmission tune for the Dodge Neon SRT-4:

1: 2.554
2: 1.557
3: 1.265
4: 1.050
5: .873
6: .723
Final: 4.520
Top Speed: 180

Any tips on this? It makes 607hp at 6400 RPM and I shift at 6800. I'm getting 11.1xx's with it, and I know the car can go faster... I just don't know what else to do with it. I hit the 400m mark at 6400 RPM..

Transmission tune for the Dodge Neon SRT-4:

1: 2.554
2: 1.557
3: 1.265
4: 1.050
5: .873
6: .723
Final: 4.520
Top Speed: 180

Any tips on this? It makes 607hp at 6400 RPM and I shift at 6800. I'm getting 11.1xx's with it, and I know the car can go faster... I just don't know what else to do with it. I hit the 400m mark at 6400 RPM..
Try soft front suspension, stiff rear suspension, -1.00 rear toe, 0.20 front toe.

i wish my le mans was 910hp
Purt it on a B-spec endurance race while you are at work or asleep. Boob will break it in for you.

Anybody got McLaren F1 Indy Tune?

A better place for this question would have been in the Every Drag Tune That Exists thread.

I have yet to tune mine but if im not mistaken it needs a little ballast in the rear because of it high HP and low weight.

A better place for this question would have been in the Every Drag Tune That Exists thread.

I have yet to tune mine but if im not mistaken it needs a little ballast in the rear because of it high HP and low weight.

I launch my F1 in 3rd gear.

You want to launch in 2nd. If you launch in 3rd your gearing is too short.

3rd gear launch can work very well if you know what you are doing. I do it, and I've got a nice time for my F1.

What's wrong with drslump's guide? He explains suspension very well and its relation to racing in multiple aspects. No reason to reword what he already told us.
Thx

The only thing I can think of which I could add is a better description about alternative spring rates and this perhaps in combination with special damper numbers.

EDIT: Oh damn Zed! I forgot, I completely forgot........... must add that damn missing text.

What's wrong with drslump's guide? He explains suspension very well and its relation to racing in multiple aspects. No reason to reword what he already told us.

Sorry. Just found remembered his Drag Tuning Bible! Such a great book that I may even print a booklet out for myself.

Thank you ever so much Dr. Slump! I love The Drag Tuning Bible to bits!

Cant thank you enough!

Thx

The only thing I can think of which I could add is a better description about alternative spring rates and this perhaps in combination with special damper numbers.

EDIT: Oh damn Zed! I forgot, I completely forgot........... must add that damn missing text.

Excuse me for double posting but... I simply cant wait for an update on your Drag Tuning Bible! :D I wish you much luck for the progress in updating it!

Thank you! Even tough I cant thank you enough!

Try looking here at Dr_Slump's guide for suspension help. Since my guide is just to help people with transmissions, it would be pointless to start adding suspension info anyway. It's enough I added in a part for ballast since FF cars' launch is helped greatly by it.

I do what I can. I wish more noobs looked here first before posting tune request threads. They think we don't want to help, when we're just annoyed with the multiple requests without even trying to do their own.

Back