(11/05) My Event Generator + GTauto + Shortcuts + Classic Dealerships (Design Concept)

Yeah, the older designs look very good and one of the dealership designs reminds me of one of my dealership designs oddly enough.

I would love too, remember that I have zero knowledge in programming and I have no idea how the coding for the UI works, for example how do you tell the system that those little squares are buttons, do you set some kind of "detection" area for each individual button? I can create buttons, and that stuff, then I can send them to you and you and your friend implement them into the interface.

In case you would just design the interface like you are doing now, the rest of the magic would be done by the programmer ;)

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CLASSIC DEALERSHIPS: For this menu I've used the same layout from GT6 dealerships, I've added shortcuts for the paint selection + a check mark indicating which paints you own, if a paint cannot be acquired a cross is displayed instead.

GT2 main.png

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

CAR INFO: not much to say just a note about the design; the background is a blacked out Showroom, so the car in the background keeps rotating. UP / DOWN buttons to scroll the page, in this image they're blacked out since the screen is displaying the full car description.

GT2 INFO.png

CUSTOM THEMES: Customizable UI, design parts can be changed individually (Clock, Buttons, Backgrounds, etc.)

TEST DRIVE: I've added the test drive from the GT Academy, test drive is only available in GTArena in a special "slalom" layout. EDIT: I thought of a way of preventing people from doing "funny" stuff during a test drive, if you wreck the car, you have to pay a fee, if you don't have credits, they'll be automatically deducted when you have the cash, and you are not allowed to test drive in that dealership for one day.

NOT FOR SALE: another old feature, this special cars are unlocked by completing specific manufacturer events, once you get the gift car, this cars are available for purchase, also this special cars have an special one-make race when unlocked.

SPECIAL DISSCOUNTS: Special disscounts are offered in dealerships for completing a manufacturer event or a specific challenge, some dealerships don't have this feature (SEMA cars or dealerships with just one car,) S License is required to play this events.

ACQUIRING LICENSES: Since I think not many of us like doing the licenses tests all over again, the system checks for trophy info from the previous game and unlocks the corresponding licenses, a car with a special livery is awarded for achieving an S license using this option, gift cars for each test are not awarded, though, so you need to unlock them by completing the tests.

I would love too, but I think I still have a long way to go before doing so, I am thinking in doing a Graphic Design course to improve my skills, and to learn "new tricks," for example the .psd files I have for this screens are a mess, so I want to learn how to be a little more organized, plus know the alternatives to photoshop, the pros and cons, of other programs, etc.

Last edited:
I would love too, but I think I still have a long way to go before doing so, I am thinking in doing a Graphic Design course to improve my skills, and to learn "new tricks," for example the .psd files I have for this screens are a mess, so I want to learn how to be a little more organized, plus know the alternatives to photoshop, the pros and cons, of other programs, etc.
You're too humble, if you never try you'll never know tho.
I mean, LOOK AT THOSE GT2 INTERFACE. DAYUM.
BTW i think you learn some stuff only applying that specific thing, so why not.

First of all @masterrugalm I think these new screens are so cool. Those screens are a great contemporary re-imagining of the GT2 UI but I think the colour palette does not lend itself well to a modern UI.

Superb work though!
:bowdown:

I would love too, but I think I still have a long way to go before doing so, I am thinking in doing a Graphic Design course to improve my skills, and to learn "new tricks," for example the .psd files I have for this screens are a mess, so I want to learn how to be a little more organized, plus know the alternatives to Photoshop, the pros and cons, of other programs, etc.
Do you rename and organise your layers into groups and subgroups? After that there is not much else to do.

GTP Layers Use.jpg

First of all @masterrugalm I think these new screens are so cool. Those screens are a great contemporary re-imagining of the GT2 UI but I think the colour palette does not lend itself well to a modern UI.

Superb work though!

Do you rename and organise your layers into groups and subgroups? After that there is not much else to do.

I highly agree with this post. I've also found that organising your objects into groups and subgroups that way makes things a lot easier

Also, @masterrugalm, Illustrator is also pretty good but it's more for drawing and making symbols/logos. Lightroom is great for adjusting pics from GT quickly and efficiently. The best thing about them is that since you know Photoshop that well then it will be easy to pick up those programs I mentioned.

Superb work though!

I had a little trouble trying to make the UI a little modern but it was difficult, not only the colors but the design is sooooo 90s, so to speak :) , I almost gave up on it but I ended up with this design and I thought it looked just fine, also I cannot picture a good way to implement the cascade menu in this design.
I do organize things into groups, but the problem I have is that I am not organized, I get carried away, start putting stuff in and when I realize it I have tons of layers all over the place with default names, but I am starting to pay more attention and try to rename stuff or delete something as soon as I don't need it.

^ That and "smart objects" help a lot. :)

Yeah, I've recently "discovered" smart objects and it's a life saver.

I highly agree with this post. I've also found that organising your objects into groups and subgroups that way makes things a lot easier

Also, @masterrugalm, Illustrator is also pretty good but it's more for drawing and making symbols/logos. Lightroom is great for adjusting pics from GT quickly and efficiently. The best thing about them is that since you know Photoshop that well then it will be easy to pick up those programs I mentioned.

I am definitely going to get Illustrator, I've read everywhere that it's much better for creating icons, and I am going to work in a new dealerships menu and I need to draw some icons for it, it's quite frustrating to do it in photoshop, also I've seen @zzz_pt license and race plates and I loved it, I am going to see those other programs you mentioned.

You're too humble, if you never try you'll never know tho.
I mean, LOOK AT THOSE GT2 INTERFACE. DAYUM.
BTW i think you learn some stuff only applying that specific thing, so why not.

Thank you very much for your support, I think you have more confidence in my skills than I do, I think I'll give it a try, so in these days I'll try to get Illustrator and see what can I do with it, because as I've said photoshop is a pain in the A for creating icons, I do need some help though, I got to the recruitment page and I understand absolutely nothing, isn't there a way to get the page in english?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Modern" Dealerships

As I mentioned I am starting with a new dealerships design, not much different from the classic dealerships, but I will add some minor tweaks, for now I just have the car information screen, I am planning to do a simple animation with this one, since the lights go from red to blue and so on:

DODGE BLUE SIMPLE.png

DODGE gred.png

I would like to see two things added to this:

1) I have a hard time coming up with ideas on my own, so being able to complete an A-spec event, then going back and altering that event would be neat. That way, there would be a starting point, and I could go from there.

2) Have a random race length from a range. Since that probably doesn't make sense, let me break it down:

For distance races:
Sprint: 1-2 laps, or less than 5 miles (The 'Ring is NOT a sprint race! ;) )
Short: 3-5 laps, or less than 10 or 12 miles (One lap of the 'Ring or Ascari, for those tracks..... ;) )
Medium: 6-10 laps, or less than about 20 miles
And so on.

For timed races:
Sprint: Less than 5 minutes
Short: less than 12 minutes
Medium: Less than 20 minutes
And so on.

That way, we could say, "I have X amount of time, I'll start up a Y length race".

It could be very nice, and we could still have a BIT of randomness to it. ;)

Enjoy!

Back