1st Rally Show

• Thread starter Goodwolf
  • 6 comments
Croatia
Croatia, Zagreb
Goodwolf_
ecb4f78e-9e9a-4a36-b195-c82b0e69cf80.jpg

HI AND WELCOME TO THIS FUN EVENT!

Event is organized for Sunday Cuppers to have some fun on dirt and to see who has some skills to win the rally event. Don't worry if you are not a Sunday Cup racer, because you are more than welcome to take the challenge as well.
You will be able to run this rally in multiple cars for multiple times with one exception, one of the available cars can only be used once. You can borrow and share your cars and setups. Have fun! :)

Stages
Two stages that we'll be driving on are on gravel. First time we'll be running 1 lap each stage and after that two laps that will make this rally 47.5km long.

Event Format
Send me a friends request and lounge will be opened when a driver and host are free. Ask for a time to run your rally (best from 20:00-22:00 GMT), and I'll try to be available during this time. If I'm in my lounge and you are ready feel free to join. When you join don't go on stage, wait for further instructions on start procedure.

First thing you will be able to do is reconnaissance of both stages on an outlap only, with max 3 more drivers if they are there. During this time you should take notes on every turn of the stage. If someone is willing to be your co-driver go right ahead and do it, the fun factor will go through the roof. :)
Remember not to give a hard time to your co-driver, he is not there as someone to blame for your mistakes. :D
Hint:
  • you can record your lap with any device you have to look at it later
  • put the map scale in game just the way you like it to see the turns ahead clearly
  • you don't have to drive your rally right after recce, you can do it the next day you're free
  • you can use a gamepad or 210° wheel instead of 900°
Reconnaissance of stage Sunday (1 lap, in game time 11:00am)
2013-11-11130228.jpg

Reconnaissance of stage Lotus (1 lap, in game time 01:00pm)
2013-11-11130255.jpg

After recce you can start your rally and this is the roadbook that we'll be running.
  • SS1 - Sunday - 1 lap, 9:30 in game time
  • SS2 - Lotus - 1 lap, 11:15 in game time
  • SS3 - Sunday - 2 laps, 13:00 in game time
  • SS4 - Lotus - 2 laps, 14:30 in game time
Depending on the car class and drivers in the lounge it should take you 25 to 45 minutes to finish this 47.5 kilometer rally. Speaking of cars. ;)

Vehicles
There will be four types

WRC '08 (only rally cars of that year) - 325bhp, 1230kg

WRC '98 and '99 (except Citroen Xsara) - 305bhp, 1230kg

PWRC - 295bhp, 1330kg
  • Audi S3
  • Mitsubishi EVO (except V, VI, VII GSR or RS or T.M. and no Mine's EVO's)
  • Subaru Impreza
  • no rally, race or RM cars
  • no aero
  • OK for S3 turbo, LSD, custom suspension and transmission
Academy WRC - 226bhp, 1080
  • Citroen Xsara VTR
  • Peugeot 207
  • Seat Ibiza
  • VW Golf IV (premium only)
  • no turbo
  • no rally, race or RM cars
  • no aero
  • OK for LSD, custom suspension and transmission
Lounge Settings
No Boost and Penalty
Visible Damage - On
Mechanical Damage - Heavy
Slipstream - Weak
Tyre/Fuel Depletion - Normal
Grip Reduction - Real
Vehicle Tuning – Unprohibited
Skid Recovery Force – Off
Driving Line – Off
Traction Control – Off
Active Steering – Off
ABS – Off
ASM – Off
Transmission – MT/AT

Rankings

Five types
  • General
  • WRC '08
  • WRC 90's
  • PWRC
  • AWRC
For any other questions feel free to ask.

GOOD LUCK!

Dudo S.

Last edited:
@Cpt. Disaster and I did the shakedown at Eiger W Trail / Reverse in AWRC class.
Cpt. will be driving Peugeot 207 and me Citroen Xsara VTR.
The best time was 1:11.4

Today I tried Captain's Peugeot and got 1:10.5

Here is the setup.
2013-11-18 10.14.44.jpg

After trying both cars I have these setup tips (driven on gamepad)
  • raise height by 5 - 10mm
  • raise LSD, all by 4 - 5
  • lower rear toe especially if you raise LSD even more, to get rid off that extra understeer
  • all of the above makes your wheel spinning better, to get even more out of it don't drive on the limiter, short shift 1000 RPM before the red light
  • I chose 6 speed close-ratio transmissions on both cars because I didn't want to get bothered with setting up the custom one :)
  • FWD car welcomes the use of e-brake to correct the line when it understeers
My Citroen is on share.

Back