20 mil car recommendation

• Thread starter cjr3559
  • 45 comments

cjr3559

Premium
United States
Ohio
cjr3559
With 41 million in the bank, I'm finally in the market to plop down some cash on a 20 million credit car and still have some reserve left for odds and ends purchases later (since there's a lot of multi million credit cars I want). I've narrowed it down to either of the Ferraris or maybe the Alfa TZ2. I owned the Jag and the Ford in GT5 so neither of those interest me, and the GT40 is a standard so I'm not really interested in car without a detailed interior.

I'm leaning toward the 250 GTO since I can always mess around with the P330 in the license test for kicks. On the other hand, the Alfa seems like it could be a deal at only 10 mil. Maybe I can save a few credits and get the Ferraris later.

Thanks for your thoughts.

I'm glad the OP asked this question as well. I'm not over 40M in credits at the moment, but I have been considering purchasing one of the more expensive cars in GT6. Currently, the Miura is my most expensive car. My question is about the Ferrari 250 GTO. Is it really worth it? Can the car be used for many events? I use my Miura a lot. I just don't want to plunk down 20M credits and have it sit in my garage never being used... Someone tell me something positive about driving the car in GT6.

With 41 million in the bank, I'm finally in the market to plop down some cash on a 20 million credit car and still have some reserve left for odds and ends purchases later (since there's a lot of multi million credit cars I want). I've narrowed it down to either of the Ferraris or maybe the Alfa TZ2. I owned the Jag and the Ford in GT5 so neither of those interest me, and the GT40 is a standard so I'm not really interested in car without a detailed interior.

I'm leaning toward the 250 GTO since I can always mess around with the P330 in the license test for kicks. On the other hand, the Alfa seems like it could be a deal at only 10 mil. Maybe I can save a few credits and get the Ferraris later.

If you want to buy a car and you do not know which one to buy you can do this, before you by a car save your game save to a USB stick then and then go into GT6 buy the one of the 20 million car or any other car you like and buy all the parts for that car, go and test it out and if you like it then keep it, if you don't like it just quit your game and reload your game save from you USB and then you do not waste your money on that car. 👍

@hall90 Oh, if I weren't so lazy... :D :lol: :sly: That is a great suggestion though. I have seen others mention it around the forums. I really should just try that. Ugh...I am so lazy it's pathetic.

@hall90 Oh, if I weren't so lazy... :D :lol: :sly: That is a great suggestion though. I have seen others mention it around the forums. I really should just try that. Ugh...I am so lazy it's pathetic.

A have notice a lot of players lately are getting lazy around here, and I hope it not a virus going through gtplanet.

I have all the expensive cars, and I regret none of them.

The 250 GTO and TZ2 are great at 500pp. The P4 and XJ13 are great at 600pp.

Are credits really hard to get? Every Thursday I need to remember to buy cars I don't even need just to make room in my bank for seasonal winnings. Today I spent and recovered about $2.5 million. But if you don't mind practicing various tracks in the X2014, you can earn a $20m car in 2.5 hours.

A have notice a lot of players lately are getting lazy around here, and I hope it not a virus going through gtplanet.

3450905-4596963533-34483.gif

The Lambo Miura is 15 million instead of 20, but I suggest you buy it. Its probably the car I most use/like from all those that cost lots of millions. I highly recommend it.
The Alfa that costs about 10-12 million (I think?) is quite useless, dont buy it.
From the old Le Mans racers that cost 20 million, I like both the Ferrari 330 and the Jaguar equally.
I also love the Ferrari 250 GTO.

The Lambo Miura is 15 million instead of 20, but I suggest you buy it. Its probably the car I most use/like from all those that cost lots of millions. I highly recommend it.
The Alfa that costs about 10-12 million (I think?) is quite useless, dont buy it.
From the old Le Mans racers that cost 20 million, I like both the Ferrari 330 and the Jaguar equally.
I also love the Ferrari 250 GTO.

Looks like it's going to be the GTO. I have the Miura, and yeah, it's really nice. I also own the Ferrari Berlinetta which is OK in comaparison.

I would recommend getting the Lamborghini Miura for 15 million and the Ford GT Mk.I for 2.8 million credits.

Edit: Oops, just saw that you already have the Miura. Then I'd go for the GTO :)

Looks like it's going to be the GTO. I have the Miura, and yeah, it's really nice. I also own the Ferrari Berlinetta which is OK in comaparison.
The GTO is a total beast from the 480-520 or similar PP range, but some lobbies ban it for being too fast (lol) and other lobbies consider it a race car even though theorically its both road and race car. So therefore you might not use it so much because the 500pp (or similar) race car races are not very common. I would say its almost as good as the miura, but worse on corners, and a bit faster in straightline.

The GTO is a total beast from the 480-520 or similar PP range, but some lobbies ban it for being too fast (lol) and other lobbies consider it a race car even though theorically its both road and race car. So therefore you might not use it so much because the 500pp (or similar) race car races are not very common. I would say its almost as good as the miura, but worse on corners, and a bit faster in straightline.
It's FASTER than the Miura in a straight line? Holy crap! The Miura is one heck of a car... I use it so much. I absolutely love it... That's it. I will get the Ferrari 250 GTO then. I'm going to have to wait a little bit though. I don't like my balance to go under $7M credits. Just in case I NEED to buy something and for modifications... But I'll have enough in a few days. I refuse to just grind Red Bull events. I'll go do the Nurburgring Seasonal a bunch of times. Have fun and earn credits... Wow... I never expected you to say that GTO is faster than the Miura. I'm stoked right now.

It's FASTER than the Miura in a straight line? Holy crap! The Miura is one heck of a car... I use it so much. I absolutely love it... That's it. I will get the Ferrari 250 GTO then. I'm going to have to wait a little bit though. I don't like my balance to go under $7M credits. Just in case I NEED to buy something and for modifications... But I'll have enough in a few days. I refuse to just grind Red Bull events. I'll go do the Nurburgring Seasonal a bunch of times. Have fun and earn credits... Wow... I never expected you to say that GTO is faster than the Miura. I'm stoked right now.
I think its A BIT faster in a straightline, but I repeat, the Miura is clearly faster in corners, and overall its probably the better car. In most circuits with corners, excep the likes of Monza or La Sarthe, the miura is surely faster.

In terms of lap times on standard settings, of the four classic Prototypes / Le Mans cars in the game, the Chaparral 2D provides the best value at 3.5m, but it is a standard. The Jaguar XJ13 and Ferrari 330 P4 are equally fast. The Ford Mark 4 is slower off the line (4 gears instead of 5) and slightly harder to drive (rear end comes round). The Chaparral is very slow off the line (3 speeds). Avoid the Ford GT40 Race Car - it's a standard and is about 1.5 seconds a lap slower than the other cars.

The Ferrari 250 GTO is tricky to drive, but enjoyable - the camber is not adjustable (the original car has a solid rear axle with leaf springs).

The Alfa TZ2 has an unrealistically high level of grip and is in a different class (only about 170 bhp).

Last edited:
The Jaguar XJ13 and Ferrari 330 P4 are equally fast.
I dont think so. I mean, I'd say the Jag is better on corners, while the Ferrari is faster on straightline. One car would be better on certain tracks depending on how many corners or straights each track has.

I dont think so. I mean, I'd say the Jag is better on corners, while the Ferrari is faster on straightline. One car would be better on certain tracks depending on how many corners or straights each track has.
Are you talking stock? Or tuned?

Using Praiano's 600 PP tunes for both cars, the kg/Hp ratios are 1.72 for the P4, and 1.78 for the XJ13. Adjust the gearing for the track, and neither car will have a measurable straight line advantage.

P4: 460 hp, 472 ft-lbs torque
XJ13: 560 hp, 488 ft-lbs torque

Much depends on the power curve, gearing, and, most of all, exit speed from the last turn. I usually am a little faster in the Jag, but not always--both tuned and stock.

I tested these cars extensively as I am running a championship for them and found that on standard settings they produced virtually the same lap times. They were also checked for top speed and 0-100 mph acceleration.

Test Results (Fastest Car = 0, Slowest Car = Biggest Difference)
Ferrari 330 P4 = 0
Chaparral 2D = +0.2
Jaguar XJ13 = +0.5
Ford MK4 = +0.5

0-100mph Acceleration Test Results - time in seconds
Ferrari 330 P4 = 5.68
Jaguar XJ13 = 6.26
Ford MK4 = 6.95
Chaparral 2D = 9.01

Top Speeds - first figure is top speed, second figure is minimum speed after hitting Limiter
Ferrari 330 P4 = 206 - 199mph
Jaguar XJ13 = 207 - 198mph
Ford MK4 = 206 - 196mph
Chaparral 2D = 200 - 191mph

We have a couple of spaces for reserve drivers if anyone is interested in racing these magnificent beasts:

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...mt-ford-ferrari-wars-note-time-change.311494/

I'm sure Sick's test results are valid--he's very consciensious snd thorough.

But outside his Classic Racing Sundays (which I love), those results go out the window when tuning is allowed.

While I believe the P4 and XJ13 can perform virtually the same, the Mk IV, GT40 and 2D can be tweaked to be every bit as competitive for individual driving styles.

But stock? No way.

Are you talking stock? Or tuned?

Using Praiano's 600 PP tunes for both cars, the kg/Hp ratios are 1.72 for the P4, and 1.78 for the XJ13. Adjust the gearing for the track, and neither car will have a measurable straight line advantage.

P4: 460 hp, 472 ft-lbs torque
XJ13: 560 hp, 488 ft-lbs torque

Much depends on the power curve, gearing, and, most of all, exit speed from the last turn. I usually am a little faster in the Jag, but not always--both tuned and stock.
Both stock and tuned I think, for the same PP, the ferrari usually is a bit quicker in a straightline while the Jag I think handles a bit better on corners, thats from my experience, I havent tested them in depth.

I put the Ferrari and the Jaguar through the Pink Floyd reference test. The Jag won 1-0. That's enough for me.

Last edited:
I put the Ferrari and the Jaguar to through the Pink Floyd reference test. The Jag won 1-0. That's enough for me.
Ok, gotta know what that is!

Meanwhile, I'll be getting comfortably numb.

Edit: Maybe I'm biased--I've always admired wop cars more than limey cars. Watch, now I'll be banned for "racism." Ironically, this entire site is about racing. Please don't ban me--I'm just on my first Scotch. Although, it would be nice to see ET again.

Last edited:
Ok, gotta know what that is!

Meanwhile, I'll be getting comfortably numb.

Edit: Maybe I'm biased--I've always admired wop cars more than limey cars. Watch, now I'll be banned for "racism." Ironically, this entire site is about racing. Please don't ban me--I'm just on my first Scotch. Although, it would be nice to see ET again.

Welcome to the Machine (Waters) 7:30

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
Where have you been?
It's alright we know where you've been.
You've been in the pipeline, filling in time,
Provided with toys and 'Scouting for Boys'.
You brought a guitar to punish your ma,
And you didn't like school, and you
know you're nobody's fool,
So welcome to the machine.

Welcome my son, welcome to the machine.
What did you dream?
It's alright we told you what to dream.
You dreamed of a big star,
He played a mean gituar,
He always ate in the Steak Bar.
He loved to drive in his Jaguar.
So welcome to the Machine.

Damned limeys came up with great guitar solos, but their cars didn't want to start! (Grew up next to a mechanic who drove a red XKE).

Edit: Please know I'm not biased against the English or Italian, or Martian. I'm just bored and drinking Scotch until my wife gets home. I mean no harm or ill will.

Damned limeys came up with great guitar solos
And inspired them: amazing, obviously Gilmour-inspired solo by a Kentuckian.

As for the OP, I wasn't really impressed enough to keep any of them beyond the initial test drive (utilizing gamesave backup). As @NixxxoN said, the P4 is faster overall but the XJ13 finds its way around a technical track a bit better. The 250 isn't nearly as fast as either and can't be tuned as deeply (no alignment adjustment allowed).

Last edited:
Whoa, whoa, whoa...I didn't know we were going to be applying the Pink Floyd test! In that case, what do you say about Roger Waters' "4:33 AM Running Shoes"?

But she was impressed
You could see that she thought I looked fine
And when she turned sweeter
The reason, between you and me, was
She'd just seen my green Lamborghini

The Plot thickens...

Back