2012 12 Hours of Sebring- Completed.

Discussion in 'Motorsport' started by Patrick, Jan 29, 2012.

1. Patrick

Premium
    United States California

It may be a bit early, but who cares. :p

http://sebringraceway.com/

The 60th running of the 12 Hours of Sebring March 14-17, 2012.

[​IMG]

List of entrants here.http://www.lemans.org/wpphpFichiers/1/1/ressources/Pdf/2012/wec/FIA_World_Endurance_Championship_2012-Provisional_Full_Season_entry_List_310112.pdf

Spotting Guides:
    http://www.spotterguides.com/wp-cont...ing_sg_Sh1.jpg
    http://www.spotterguides.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/alms_12_sebring_sg_Sh2-300x193.jpg

Showings:
    worldwide – ESPN 3 – Live
    worldwide – ALMS.com – Live – not in the USA
    worldwide – fiawec.com / lemans.org – Live – not in the USA

:cheers:
    Last edited: Mar 19, 2012
  2. freight48

Premium
    North of the 49th
    PSN:tstrawbridge

I'm excited for the start of the ALMS and WEC season. Looking forward to seeing the Audi's over here, although I wish the Toyota was coming too. It looks like a contender.
  3. ZohsixGT5

Premium
    United States Atlanta
    PSN:ZohsixGT5

Gonna try to make it to this race.
  4. jedisteampunk

Wales United Kingdom
    PSN:jedivenom

That's a great picture Paulie. Yes I'll be here to watch the 12hrs, hope it is as much fun as the Daytona thread was.
  5. Patrick

Premium
    United States California

I hope so too. Let's hope for some good commercials. :lol:
  6. Azure Flare

Premium
    None Carthage, TN
    PSN:race_emhard

Isn't the Deltawing supposed to debut at Sebring?
  7. Motorcitydriver

The Motor City / MI
    PSN:motorcitydriver

I think they are testing today with the DW-12!
  8. cuco33

NJ
    PSN:cuco33

There's a small possibility that I might be going to this year's 12Hrs of Sebring. Gf's brother, who now lives in Europe and is a huge enduro fan (got me more into it), said he'll be visiting US around this time frame and he's always wanted to go. It lands close to his bday. I told him I've read that it's boring in person but he just wants to experience it once. If he goes, I'm going.
  9. Hun200kmh

Portugal Lisboa
    PSN:GTP_Hun

As far as I know, it's a Le Mans entry only, within the "Garage 56" program set by the ACO and only able to enter their own race.
  10. Stavelot

Belgium Francorchamps
    PSN:SpaRacer12

With a packed grid of proper race cars the Wang will only be running demonstration laps.
  11. Hun200kmh

Portugal Lisboa

Will it? Is that a proper info you got there or you just typed that to have one more go at the wang? :lol:
  12. Pupik

Staff Emeritus
    United States HSV, et al

Try to increase your maturity level up a notch, will you? Thanks.
  13. prisonermonkeys

Staff Emeritus

Since Sebring is the first round of the World Endurance Championship, the entry list will be announced live on February 2nd.
  14. nitrorocks

United States Phoenix, AZ
    PSN:nitrorocks

Great pictures!
  15. Stavelot

Belgium Francorchamps
    PSN:SpaRacer12

It will be doing demo laps....the grid at Sebring is expected to be 64 odd cars, not a track to have some random one off car racing in such a packed grid.

How bout, if I and others want to call it the DeltaWang because of its appearance I shall without someone to tell me to be more mature about it.
  16. Technicolors

United States Florida
    PSN:gtamann123

I only live 2-3 hours from the track, so I hope I can make it this year. It would be so lovely if I'm able to! But I don't think my parents will survive 12 hours..
  17. SuperShouden

Somewhere
    PSN:SuperShouden

Two big anniversaries in one year: 50th 24 Hours of Daytona and 60th 12 Hours of Sebring. North America's two greatest endurance races celebrating length histories.
  18. Snowmanimal

MA
    PSN:Snowmanimal

Nice!

I love these longs races. 24 hour races take the cake. 12 hours, into the night!
  19. Patrick

Premium
    United States California

Also the 80th 24 Hours of Le Mans.
  20. nitrorocks

Yes!! How can you forget that? Le Mans is the granddaddy of them all!
  21. Pupik

Staff Emeritus
    United States HSV, et al

If you want to talk about a sport created and played by adults, you act like an adult? That's what we are asking...we don't need every conversation descending to the level of bathroom humor, just so you can get a pointless cheap joke in to raise your post count.
  22. sumbrownkid

United States La Grange GA, USA
    PSN:usfstu18

Eh, let Stavelot be. The forums can't be entirely serious 24/7. And so far the topic is going on strongly, although its slightly off course now.:)

Besides, you don't think the entire sportscar world had a nice chuckle at the car's shape? Even professionals need to goof off from time to time.

But moderators gotta moderate to keep things level.

Anyway, those narrow tires look really awkward to me. And it's lack of width tells me that it won't last as long. But this car is supposed to be very light right?

This car is turning out to be more and more of a troll car. Many members and fans may hate the aesthetics of it, but you have to credit highcroft for sticking with the project.

If it indeed pulls off a surprising result, I expect them to smoke a cigar.
    Last edited: Jan 31, 2012
  23. jedisteampunk

Wales United Kingdom
    PSN:jedivenom

I have just seen pictures of the Highcroft Deltawing. I think my face say's it all really.
    [​IMG]
  24. Newwine99

United States Orlando
    PSN:newwine99

Hi guys, my first post. I'm trying to find more info on Sebring and the cars that will be in it and I stumbled upon this forum. Here's a link to the Delta Wing car with more info for those of you that haven't seen it. http://www.americanlemans.com/primary1.php?cat=news|16471

Also, I see they released a list of cars participating in the winter testing at Sebring. Anyone going to this? I'm thinking of heading down there myself.
  25. Patrick

Premium
    United States California

1 month till race day!
  26. nitrorocks

I can't wait!!
  27. Hun200kmh

Portugal Lisboa

The history of Sebring through the decades. First two videos out, both DEFINITELY worth watching:

[YOUTUBEHD]Ziae7wvE_bU[/YOUTUBEHD]

[YOUTUBEHD]U2jpFtWH2i0[/YOUTUBEHD]
  28. scarslasher

Columbus, GA

The Deltawing.. I have a hunch that thing will understeer like crazy.
Next Page »