2012 12 Hours of Sebring- Completed.

• Thread starter Patrick
  • 397 comments
According to Joey Hand, the Ferrari cut down its front right tire when it knocked the BMW off, letting hand re take the lead.

EDIT: Also, did anyone notice a track banner stuck to the side of the Ferrari as it came through the last corner?

Amazing come back from BMW. At the first hour of the race they were down there 9th and 10th in the class and out of nowhere they were up there with the leaders! Take note that both the BMW spent quite a lot of time in the pit compared to the others but managed to catch the leaders and finally win the race. I'm very happy with the result! :D

I'm not sure my timing screen is delayed or what but the Ferrari was never listed as the leader. I thought it was all fine then the TV showed the BMW getting spun around.

Congratulations Audi, well nothing can really stop them. They were just too fast. Very dramatic race, very exciting, bring on the 61st edition!

Pretty good race, a bit boring in the begging but got alot better at the end. At least the next race at long beach will be showed on tv so I don't have to watch a live stream on my comp.

Great race, I've always found GT much more exciting than LMP, but that's just me. Congrats to the winners.

Signatech.

They were looking strong last I saw at about 4pm, they where mixing it for 2nd and I believe I saw the P1 possition light on on one ocation. Really a shame and the Muscle Milk guys had a very solid run too! I saw the car get up to 2nd place on some ocations too! Heartbraking to have trouble with just 1hr to go after such a great race!

Great ending, Joey Hand has gone up about 100% in my estimation now! I liked his post race interview too :mischievous:

Laughed at the end...
GT Battle, GT Battle, GT Battle, GT Battle, GT Battle, GT Battle, meanwhile Audi have won, meanwhile GT Battle, GT Battle, GT Battle, GT Battle, GT Battle, GT Battle, GT Battle! Joey Hand Takes it!!!

edit: also a quick mention of Nick Heidfeld, whose car finished 32nd .. not great

Last edited:
It's always the same. TV want to look at the prototypes whilst race fans want to watch the GT's because they fight.

Heidfeld did okay, he was in the top 5 or 6 early on.

Tired Tyres
It's always the same. TV want to look at the prototypes whilst race fans want to watch the GT's because they fight.

Heidfeld did okay, he was in the top 5 or 6 early on.

It's not like the Group C days anymore. :banghead:

Laughed at the end...
GT Battle, GT Battle, GT Battle, GT Battle, GT Battle, GT Battle, meanwhile Audi have won, meanwhile GT Battle, GT Battle, GT Battle, GT Battle, GT Battle, GT Battle, GT Battle! Joey Hand Takes it!!!

Yeah, I watched through Eurosport and one of the commentator mentioned something in the lines of ''Forget ???, forget ???, forget about the Audi, all I want to see now is the GT battle!'' That's a real laugh :lol:

I didn't like how the TV director manage the footage because after the BMW got spun around, everything was headed back to Audi and never anything about the crazy GT battle. Very dissapointed as I wanted to know what actually happened...

Jav
Damn! I missed pole on my split by .017!! Starting second and this grid is pretty damn close! Less than 1 second covering the whole 10 Vettes! 20 HPDs wich makes me a bit nervous and surprised to only see 8 Fords!

Iracing I'm guessing?

I figured the tires had to be hidden from view since seeing anything mechanical was a regulation no no.

But all it did was add downforce, something which the ACO desires to cut.

Small question, what's the reasoning behind the legality (cheese wedges) panels?

I thought it was so you didn;t spray bits of tyre at the people behind you if you had a blowout. I'm probably wrong.

If memory serves me correctly, those panels were put their as a physical means of stopping the cars from taking off like the Mercedes did at Le Mans.

If memory serves me correctly, those panels were put their as a physical means of stopping the cars from taking off like the Mercedes did at Le Mans.

Then didn't the ACO make the effect much more likely with such devices? As it does look like it added rear downforce.

Those CLRs lacked downforce in the front end, leading to those flips.

Back