2012 12 Hours of Sebring- Completed.

• Thread starter Patrick
  • 397 comments
High-Def as I like them, thanks! 👍

On other news leading to this great race, today Simon Pagenaud showed the Audi team that last year's 2nd place with a HPD car was no fluke. A wake up call of sorts ("Hey, we can do 1'49 too" :D )

Here the top 7 cars in testing today:

Code:
[SIZE="3"][COLOR="Blue"][B]
1	LMP1	#3	Bernhard/Dumas/Duval           	Audi R18	1:49.264
2	LMP1	#2	Capello/Kristensen/McNish	Audi R18	1:49.316
[COLOR="Red"]3	LMP1	#6	Luhr/Graf/Pagenaud      	HPD ARX-03a	1:49.726[/COLOR]
4	LMP1	#1	Fassler/Lotterer/Treluyer	Audi R18	1:49.756
5	LMP1	#12	Prost/Jani/Heidfeld        	Lola B12/60 	1:51.342
6	P1	#13	Belicchi/Primat/Bleekemolen	Lola B12/60	1:51.543
7	P1	#21	Leventis/Watts/Kane     	HPD ARX 03a	1:52.094
[/B][/COLOR][/SIZE]

LMP1,P1? huh?

Corrected. It was just P1 in the original table, but I corrected to LMP1 for clarity in the initial table, one I intended to post with just the first 5 cars. When I added two more cars, I forgot to do it again :)

Isn't that because LMP1 is WEC entry and P1 is ALMS entry?

Does anybody know of any tv channels which air the race in Europe? I would have though Eurosport would have showed it, but I checked their schedule and they are only airing an hour from the night time..

Or if there are any places where I can stream the race from?

Last edited:
Corrected. It was just P1 in the original table, but I corrected to LMP1 for clarity in the initial table, one I intended to post with just the first 5 cars. When I added two more cars, I forgot to do it again :)

Yes, HPD stands for Honda Performance Development

HPD formerly Acura correct? Or am I getting confused?

Correct.

The Acura ARX-01, later known as the HPD ARX-01 is a series of Le Mans Prototype built for sports car racing, specifically in the American Le Mans Series, Le Mans Series, and at the 24 Hours of Le Mans. It is the first purpose-built race car by the Acura division of Honda Motor Company, part of their multi-year program to eventually compete in endurance race. The car debuted in 2007 in the American Le mans Series before expanding to customers in Europe. Over the years various specifications of the ARX-01 chassis have been developed, each signified by a letter suffix. In 2010 Acura withdrew their name from the program and Honda Performance Development which developed the car for Acura continued the program into 2011.

From here: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Acura_ARX-01

Isn't that because LMP1 is WEC entry and P1 is ALMS entry?

So why does the Muscle Milk car have LMP1 attached to it? Thats a ALMS-only car...

Chris Dyson is missing from the top of the charts. Good Riddance.

Edit: I take that back. In Session 4 Dyson is the best of the rest, with Audi in the top 3.

Im a bit annoyed to see Fisichella/Bruni Leading GT AGAIN... But I suppose they're pretty quick.

Looks like Aston Martin is going to have another tough season, they seem to be in the bottom half of GTE-Pro.

Last edited:
That's good Dyson. And also good for Fisichella because he hasn't achieved much in his career. But I thought be won a GP or two...

That's good Dyson. And also good for Fisichella because he hasn't achieved much in his career. But I thought be won a GP or two...

He did. For having not done much in his career, he raced for Renault at the top of their game, and Ferrari. And now he continues his assault on GTE. Also, I do think they have one of the best Car/Tyre combos in the GTE class. BMW would be up there if A. They were funded and B. Didnt use Dunlops.

I suppose the DeltaWing is now doing some demo laps, anyone can confirm??

EDIT - No need for confirmation, ALMS just tweeted this:

ALMS
ALMS Racing ‏ @almsnotes
For those who wondered, the Nissan #DeltaWing went through the @SebringRaceway Hairpin with no problem. #ALMS #Sebring12 @highcroftracing

So, it's only a question of waiting now for the videos to start showing up on Youtube!

Last edited:
Back