2012 12 Hours of Sebring- Completed.

• Thread starter Patrick
  • 397 comments
I watched about an hour of qualifying, and I have to say, the track looks horrible. I just saw one of the Waltrips talking about the track. He likened it to Pocono before they re-paved it. I grew up 30 minutes from Long Pond, and that track was a holy mess. I don't know what was worse, Pennsylvania's roads or that track. I realize this is just the first race of the year and it isn't Le Mans, but geez, it looks like an un-remodeled K-Mart from the 1960s.
Sebring = the rough surface. Some concrete sections have not been touched since the original WWII airfield was built. I don't think it's about money, the surface has just become so big part of the track character.

Last edited:
Paulie Walnuts
Sebring = the rough surface. Some concrete sections have not been touched since the original WWII airfield was built. I don't think it's about money, the surface has just become so big part of the track character.

This^^

I think that's what he said about the age, 60 years plus for the concrete slabs on the straight. If it isn't money, then it has to be a pretty powerful tradition since it looks like a lot of the cars (and drivers) really take a beating. Bad enough the exertion to control a car while braking and accelerating and making a couple dozen shifts a lap, but add in having your guts crushed on a lap by lap basis and you have a whole new definition of "endurance."

Thats the reason this is the best test for LeMans. Most drivers say if you can make it 12 hours at Sebring, LeMans is nothing. it has a way of finding every breakable part on a car. Most manufacturers consider Sebring the second most valuable race of the year next to LeMans.

Arggh, I won't be making it to this year's event. I went to the 2006 and '07 race which was cool, but life has gotten in the way of '08-11...and now the 2012 race too. I hope I can get back for next year, or at least watch the historic races in early December. :(

How come the ESPN3 broadcast says "Live streaming Part 1"? I've never seen them broadcast it in segments before.

Not loading for me either. They are not providing a link. About to get really mad.

EDIT: OKay I think it works now. There's some intro now. Not sure how I got here but ESPN screwed up. No linky in their list.

It's okay apparently this is going to be the 12 hours of Audi again.

They are not even in a battle and we're going to follow them for most the race I bet.

Does suck for FL though.

The ALMS stream just directs me to the live timing, the only one that works is on the WEC site but the quality is terrible.

Back