2012 Australian Grand Prix

• Thread starter Akmuq
  • 1,442 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
jcm
You're correct about the Standings, but I don't know for sure about the ITV part (I have no idea wheather it was their last year of broadcasting)

Good, and well I suppose it irrelevant now anyway..

Anyone know when P1 starts tonight, considering staying up for it 👍

Good, I'll be watching it then. May do an all nighter for P2 as well. :dopey:

Do you stay up all night even on school days mate? :dopey:

I'm staying up to watch P3 live Friday night but I'm not staying up for quali, I'll need to sleep before Saturday night as I'm pulling an all nighter to catch all the build up from 4:30am 👍

TomMcD
Do you stay up all night even on school days mate? :dopey:

I'm staying up to watch P3 live Friday night but I'm not staying up for quali, I'll need sleep for Saturday night as I'm pulling an all nighter to catch all the build up from 4:30am 👍

I'll catch a few hours in a bit, watch P1, consider P2, if I watch I'll go too school with no sleep and use 6pm-1am (Damn im forgetting about IZOD) too sleep and 7am-11am after quali and then try to sleep at a responsible time :sly:

I don't go into college until 1:30PM GMT Tomorrow, so I am listening to each session.

Don't have sky round my Mothers so I have to do with 5Live...

Wait, does that mean I have to endure James Allen?!?!? :grumpy:

I'll catch a few hours in a bit, watch P1, consider P2, if I watch I'll go too school with no sleep and use 6pm-1am (Damn im forgetting about IZOD) too sleep and 7am-11am after quali and then try to sleep at a responsible time :sly:

Wow, your sleeping pattern is 🤬

:lol:

jcm
Lewis Hamilton beat Alonso in his rookie season. No, I don't expect a rookie to beat a former world champion teammate, I'm just saying that it's possible, Lewis proved it. Yeah, "Seriously".

Don't be so silly. You and I, and everyone else know Alonso would've easily taken the title in 2007 if it weren't for his horrible attitude. He desperately wanted the team to focus on him, and not on a Hamilton that at times matched his pace. Had Alonso actually put his mind to racing, and not having a full support of the team he would've walked away with the title.

Are you really going to set the bar for rookies so high just because that one exceptional talented driver managed to almost grab the title in his first year?

"You better do a Hamilton or you're fired!" Well I guess that's a good mentality to keep drivers in your team...

TomMcD
Wow, your sleeping pattern is 🤬

:lol:

Well I have too work around, school, work and a soccer match on Sunday.. :)

Bram Turismo
Don't be so silly. You and I, and everyone else know Alonso would've easily taken the title in 2007 if it weren't for his horrible attitude. He desperately wanted the team to focus on him, and not on a Hamilton that at times matched his pace. Had Alonso actually put his mind to racing, and not having a full support of the team he would've walked away with the title.

Are you really going to set the bar for rookies so high just because that one exceptional talented driver managed to almost grab the title in his first year?

"You better do a Hamilton or you're fired!" Well I guess that's a good mentality to keep drivers in your team...

No, you're being "silly". I never said that a rookie should be fired if they don't preform as well as Hamilton in their rookie season. They should be fired if they preform worse then they're teammate, and fail to improve after three or four years. If they're still slower after having time to develop, then they should be fired.

Most drivers need time to develop, and di Resta has a perfectly good excuse for being slower. However, if he fails to improve in the next few years, then yes he should be fired.

I personally think that Di Resta did quite well last year, I think you're all neglecting the fact he drives for Force India, not Red Bull or McLaren. However good he is, it's highly unlikely he'll be competing for Grand Prix wins with a FI car underneath him....

Feel free to start a Bruno Senna fan club thread, then.

(Why do people think I have to green-light these things?)

I personally think that Di Resta did quite well last year, I think you're all neglecting the fact he drives for Force India, not Red Bull or McLaren. However good he is, it's highly unlikely he'll be competing for Grand Prix wins with a FI car underneath him....

Di Resta did very well, and whole points comparison is silly. 15 points is nothing really in this new scoring system. Couple of 7th place finishes. As has been mentioned, Sutil had 5 season to prove his worth and did nothing particularly special. Di Resta almost matched him in his first season.

MildAshers
Di Resta did very well, and whole points comparison is silly. 15 points is nothing really in this new scoring system. Couple of 7th place finishes. As has been mentioned, Sutil had 5 season to prove his worth and did nothing particularly special. Di Resta almost matched him in his first season.

Agreed. He wasn't quite as good as Sutil, but he preformed very well.

Wow ... there's 172 posts in this thread and the first practice session won't start for another three hours ...

I am now all of a sudden. :D

Season Predictions
1 - Vettel
2 - Button
3 - Hamilton

Raikkonen to finish in the midfield just below Force India and Mercedes. Caterham to finally get some points and finish above Williams.

DaxCobra
Ive been incredibly excited since about a month ago.

Awesome, Matty. :D

PM me through it.. :D

I also may stay up for P2 :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back