2012 Fantasy NASCAR - The champion is...

• Thread starter Patrick
  • 1,223 comments

Patrick

MVP
Premium
United States
California
Welcome to the 2012 season of Fantasy NASCAR on :gtplanet:

2012 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series Schedule

Next Race:
Race: Ford EcoBoost 500
2011 Winner: Tony Stewart

Sprint Cup

Standings:
http://farm9.staticflickr.com/8060/8204194789_607b3de665_b.jpg

Basic Rules:
  • You must be a current member of :gtplanet:
  • You must select 3 drivers each week you choose to participate.
  • You must use the pick form to submit your picks. If you would like to change your picks, just re-submit them, the picks closest to the deadline will be used.
    You do not need to sign up for anything additional to submit picks
  • Selections must be made prior to the green flag.
  • If a driver you selected fails to finish you will be able to select them again the next race without penalty.
  • In the event you don't submit any picks for a round your selections from the previous round will be used.
  • If there is an error, please notify me via private message.
  • If you join after the first round you will receive the lowest amount of points from each round you missed.

Points Table

Consecutive Picks:
  • You may use a consecutive pick to select a driver in subsequent races without any penalty.
  • For each winner you select 1 Consecutive Pick will be awarded.
  • The person(s) who has the most points in a round will be awarded a consecutive pick.
  • In the event you select a driver and don't have any consecutive picks the selection will receive a 10 place penalty from their actual finishing position.
  • For each unused consecutive pick left at the end of the season 5 points will be awarded.
  • Due to limited/different fields Nationwide and Non-Points Cup races do not count towards the consecutive pick rule. Wins will still count though.

All-Star Race:
  • Two drivers will be selected from the Showdown race to advance into the All-Star Race. 25 points will be awarded if they race their way into the All-Star race, 10 if they get the fan vote.
  • Only one driver will be selected (as well as any that advance from the Showdown race) for the All-Star race, if they win you will receive 100 Points.

Double Header Weekends:
  • There will be 4 double header weekends in 2012.
    • June 23/24 – Road America (Nationwide) / Infineon(Cup)
    • July 28/29 – Indianapolis (Nationwide) / Indianapolis (Cup)
    • August 11/12 – Watkins Glen (Nationwide) / Watkins Glen (Cup)
    • August 18/19 – Montreal (Nationwide) / Michigan (Cup)
  • A separate pick form must be used for each race.
  • Due to varying fields. drivers will not carry over into Nationwide races.
  • Nationwide races will only award Consecutive Picks.
    • Top 10 = 1 Consecutive Pick
    • Top 5 = 2 Consecutive Picks
    • Win = 3 Consecutive Picks

Chase Rules:
  • Each participant who as scored 8,500* points or more following the September 8th race at Richmond will earn a spot in the chase.
  • The person leading the standings following the Sept. 8 race at Richmond will receive 5 consecutive picks.
  • 10 points will be awarded for each win before the chase.
  • You must select one non-chase driver in each chase race.
  • A minimum of 10 participants will make the chase.
* Subject to change.

Overall Prize:
  • The overall winner will receive a lifetime :gtplanet: Premium membership.
  • The person who has the most wins but doesn't win the championship will receive a 1 Year :gtplanet: Premium membership.

Previous Winners

Last edited:
I want a better run this year... anyway I'll pick later in week... That the final entry list then?

A couple things to note that aren't necessarily rules.

First, I will be sending reminders to everyone that selected picks for the previous round approximately 24 hours before the race.

Second is the prize cars, the first one will just be a stock car from the dealer but after that they will be cars from tuners in the Tuning subforum.

On that note, here is the first car, which is of course the defending champions car.

That the final entry list then?

There are still a few drivers who are eligible but haven't announced whether or not they are running so it may change, but I'm guessing that will be the final list. I will make sure to post if it does change though.

I've been waiting so long for this.

Glad to hear.👍

Edit: The 34 car of David Ragan has been added, he is at the very bottom if you wish to select him.👍

Last edited:
Great job Justin. I'm looking forward to participating this year.👍

Last edited:
Looking forward to this again, hope I do a little bit better than last year. Like the idea about the CPs and double headers, they'll throw a spanner in the works.

Prize cars is a sweet idea.

That consecutive pick thing... uh what? BK every week?

Better get out a dart board for this. At least when it comes to taladega and daytona

That was my thought too when I first started to think about the 500 and one wreck could take out all three picks at once aswell. :lol: :indiff:

The more I think about it, the more I think I'm going to pick Danica just for the hell of it. :sly:

Last edited:
That was my thought too when I first started to think about the 500 and one wreck could take out all three picks at once aswell. :lol: :indiff:

The more I think about it, the more I think I'm going to pick Danica just for the hell of it. :sly:

Isn't she the one who usually starts the wreck on the super speedways? At least when I've seen her run.

I'm debating if I should do this or wait for your F1 version.

Why not both, double your chances of winning.👍

Prize cars is a sweet idea.

I'm hoping it will keep people participating.

That consecutive pick thing... uh what? BK every week?

I'm going to keep track of how many times you pick him this year.:lol:

You wouldn't be the first.:lol:

Isn't she the one who usually starts the wreck on the super speedways? At least when I've seen her run.

Nah, that's Steve Wallace, not sure Danica can fill his shoes, it takes special talent to be the first person to crash in nearly every race.:lol:

Picks are in.

You wouldn't be the first.:lol:

:lol:
Nah, that's Steve Wallace, not sure Danica can fill his shoes, it takes special talent to be the first person to crash in nearly every race.:lol:

There's certainly going to be a lot less yellow flags in the Nationwide this year. :lol:

Edit: Just changed one of my picks.

Last edited:
Let's do this!!!

love the weekly prize idea and the scoring is much better than last year's

just to make clear since i didn't see anything about it, but we get 12 consecutive picks for the year correct?

also when you say that 5 points will be awarded at the end of the season for each unused consecutive picks, you mean at the end of the chase correct?

I'm back again for this season, hopefully I don't forget about the Saturday races like I did the last two years.

just to make clear since i didn't see anything about it, but we get 12 consecutive picks for the year correct?

You start with 0.

also when you say that 5 points will be awarded at the end of the season for each unused consecutive picks, you mean at the end of the chase correct?

Yes.

hopefully I don't forget about the Saturday races like I did the last two years.

I will be sending out reminders to everyone that competed the previous round about 24 hours before the next race.👍

Back