2012 Fantasy NASCAR - The champion is...

• Thread starter Patrick
  • 1,223 comments
Congrats to That90sGuy and MustangRyan! Winners of this week.

One more race and we have a new leader! Going to be interesting. Good luck to all.

8187621418_6ee1e3bac2_b.jpg

Meh, it's been over for me for the past few weeks and my new goal of finishing in the top 5 is fading.......fast. :indiff:

With 5 points awarded per CP, Plate88 has this competition won. The only real battle remaining is for "most wins" by anyone other than the overall champion.

Overall Prize:
  • The overall winner will receive a lifetime :gtplanet: Premium membership.
  • The person who has the most wins but doesn't win the championship will receive a 1 Year :gtplanet: Premium membership.

Alright, I have already started brainstorming for things that I plan on implementing next year and was hoping to get some feedback.

Special Event Series: A separate championship consisting of select Nationwide and Truck races, mainly the road and dirt tracks. This would have no impact on the "main" championship.

Bracket: This would remove the chase and instead the top 16 seeds with 4 races left would advance to a bracket. The "traditional" championship would run alongside it, sans chase.

Consecutive Picks: May only be awarded to the person(s) who scores the most points in a round.

I am looking forward to comments on these (possible) changes and any idea anyone has.👍

I like the current format of earning a CP for a race win and/or scoring the most points in a round.

As for the format, I am OK with the current 26 races followed by a 10-race Chase to determine the winner. It's the most like the current Sprint Cup points system, so I'm in favor of keeping it this way.

However, if you do decide to go to a bracket format, I would suggest using multiple races for each matchup instead of just one. A great 32 race-season shouldn't be wiped out by one bad race in the first round of the championship tournament.

Set it up just like a college basketball seeded tournament: 1 vs 16, 2 vs 15, 3 vs 14.... 7 vs 10, and 8 vs 9.

The first round would consist of the first three chase races. After those three races, the player with the most points advances to round 2. Round 2 would consist of Chase races 4-6. The semifinals would be races 7 and 8, with the final championship round taking place in race 9 and 10.

If you have any CPs remaining at the end of any tournament round, you can cash them in for 5 points each to help increase your score and advance, if needed. If you've already won your matchup, you can keep your CPs and take them to the next round.

Picks submitted. #27, #29, #48.

I like the current format of earning a CP for a race win and/or scoring the most points in a round.

As for the format, I am OK with the current 26 races followed by a 10-race Chase to determine the winner. It's the most like the current Sprint Cup points system, so I'm in favor of keeping it this way.

Agreed, I'm totally fine with the way the current format is now.👍

I do however like the idea of Special Event Series for a few Nationwide and Truck series races.

Last edited:
i like the current format how it is. i also like how you earn cp's for a win. it puts more emphasis on getting wins.

however, i would like to see the value for each cp to be lowered to 1 point. that way there is still an advantage to keeping them but that it's not so much that it can have a huge point swing in the standings.

for example: plate88 would have an 18 point advantage over second place based on cp each worth 1 point and 40 points total factoring in points difference in the standings, which is still big, but reasonable to overcome for second place. instead of the current 5 point format which would total 90 points, which would be almost impossible to overcome when you combine that with the 22 point difference in the standings. totaling 112 points.

i do like the idea of a special event series

Last edited:
#29 8th.
#27 11th.
#48 36th.

Ironically the one guy who I thought was a safe pick this week, did the worst. :lol:

Last edited:
Well, here it is...

8204194789_607b3de665_b.jpg

The champion is plate88 and the most wins winner is MustangRyan!

Justin can you get back to me on the PM I sent you. 👍

Congrats to plate88 and MustangRyan and a thanks to all those who stuck around, hopefully there won't any issues next year.👍

Also a special thanks to Patrick for taking over in my absence. :cheers:

Also a special thanks to Patrick for taking over in my absence. :cheers:
👍 👍

Can't agree enough with that. That was a great thing for Patrick to do to keep our fun going for the rest of the year.

Spacegoat
Congratulations Plate 88 and MustangRyan. :cheers:

Justin
Congrats to plate88 and MustangRyan and a thanks to all those who stuck around, hopefully there won't any issues next year.👍

Thanks guys:tup:

I fell back a bit mid chase and didn't know if I could pull it off. I did have alot of CP's though to help me out:sly:

Looking forward to next years season:tup:

Hopefully the new cars will bring a new and interesting look to the racing next season.

Back