• 241 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
GTA.jpg

**If you were a previous GTA Participant and have 2012 racing plans, let us know!**

Thought we should have a thread for this. Basically we can use this thread to keep up on members who have competed in GT Academy and are currently in the professional racing world. (working for Nissan or other teams) This will certainly be a busy year for all things GT Academy, including the new European trials which will be starting shortly which you can discuss here. GT Academy 2012 for USA (or North America) has yet to be announced.

winners.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gtacademy_info_lucas.png

** Update**
Lucas will be competing in the Nurburgring 24h on May 19-20 along side Kazunori Yamauchi in a Nissan GT-R.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

gtacademy_info_jordan.png

gtacademy_info_jann.png

gtacademy_info_bryan.png

participants.png

gtacademy_info_sean.png

gtacademy_info_thomas.png

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Additional GT Academy Europe Finalists / Participants:

Chris Midmark: 2008 Skandinavian Finalist | Swedish GT Series | Midmark Motorsport
Luca Lorenzini: 2008 & 2010 Italian Finalist | Ginetta Supercup
Ralph Verberkt: 2008 Netherlands Finalist | Website (in German)
Giacomo Cunial: 2008 & 2010 Italian Finalist | Rally Driver | Facebook Page

If anyone has more info on the above drivers, please post it and I will update ASAP.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Additional GT Academy USA Finalists / Participants:

John Wilding: 2011 Southeastern Region & Silverstone Finalist | Spec Miata | South East SCCA Region

Last edited:
Quick update: Sean Johnston just ran his first race of the year in the GT3 Cup at Sebring. Qualified 5th, ran as high as 3rd and finished 5th. I believe there were 27 cars in his class. Damn fine job. :)👍

I didn't know about Sean, congrats to him, judging by his attitude and emotion on the last episode of the reality show, he seemed to really love motorsport, glad he's doing well and in a Porsche to boot:P I should see him at Mosport this summer. Congrats to the rest of them as well! Am I the only one that thinks that 370Z looks like it's in Forza?

Yeah since Sean didn't win the only way to know about what he's doing is to keep an eye on his Facebook page. He worked pretty hard to get that ride, and I think he's going to do great. :)

Congrats to him, is he running in the Porsche GT3 Cup Challenge or whatever it's called?

Edit: Nevermind, I just saw.

For those not following the 12 Hours of Sebring thread, Jordan Tresson is competing there this weekend in his LMP2 Nissan. His team has qualified 4th in their class for Sunday's race.

If anyone is in the area, Bryan will be racing at Barber Motorsports Park on March 30th in the Continental Tire Series GS class.

Jordan had some bad luck at Sebring, I'd be gutted if that was me. He didn't even get in the car during the race did he?

Sean's in this video :)

This is so awesome. I think it is slightly comforting to know that if you were to make it to the GT Academy finals and not win that you still had a shot at becoming a race car driver. Its good exposure.

This is so awesome. I think it is slightly comforting to know that if you were to make it to the GT Academy finals and not win that you still had a shot at becoming a race car driver. Its good exposure.

Sean just about won that final race during GT Academy. He caught and passed Bryan when he made a mistake, but just wasn't able to hang on to the lead. He does have connections (he was doing engineer work for an ALMS team I believe), but that shouldn't over shadow how much effort he's put into getting himself into that GT3 Cup car. He's worked very hard to get there, and just like all the GT Academy winners he deserves every minute of it. :)👍

Should have updates on Bryan this weekend as he will be at Barber Motorsports Park for the Continental Tire series. 👍

Lucas Ordonez will be competing in his first race of the season this weekend at the Paul Ricard Circuit in South France.

www.europeanlemansseries.com <-- Live timing and scoring.

www.radiolemans.com <-- Live radio broadcast.

The race will also be shown live on Motors TV across Europe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bryan's schedule for the weekend at Barber Motorsports Park. He is in the #14 car.

PRACTICE (P1): 3/29, 2:30 PM ET
PRACTICE (P2): 3/29, 5:35 PM ET
PRACTICE (P3): 3/30, 9:00 AM ET
QUALIFYING: 3/30, 10:50 AM ET
RACE: 3/31, 5:00 PM ET

http://grandam.racersites-cluster.com/OrbitsServer/grandam/TimingView.html?sid=2409&VN=44252 <-- Live timing and scoring.

Lucas Ordonez will be competing in his first race of the season this weekend at the Paul Ricard Circuit in South France.

www.europeanlemansseries.com <-- Live timing and scoring.

www.radiolemans.com <-- Live radio broadcast.

The race will also be shown live on Motors TV across Europe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Bryan's schedule for the weekend at Barber Motorsports Park. He is in the #14 car.

PRACTICE (P1): 3/29, 2:30 PM ET
PRACTICE (P2): 3/29, 5:35 PM ET
PRACTICE (P3): 3/30, 9:00 AM ET
QUALIFYING: 3/30, 10:50 AM ET
RACE: 3/31, 5:00 PM ET

http://grandam.racersites-cluster.com/OrbitsServer/grandam/TimingView.html?sid=2409&VN=44252 <-- Live timing and scoring.

I really wish I'd read this post before I posted the article on the GTP blog :lol:

Incidentally, BJ is currently in the Doran car, but Live Timing is showing him as not having even started the race. I hope that's a fault with the timing or timing equipment in the car and not reality.

Update on Bryan:

He never got to race today. They got a good start and were promptly taken out by a Mustang in the first corner, totaling the car. Bad luck for GT Academy drivers this year so far, all taken out by other drivers. :(

Hopefully Lucas can change things around tomorrow.

They are talking about GT Academy on SPEED's "Mobil 1: The Grid" which is on right now.👍

Well just bad luck all around the GT Academy to start the season. Lucas's team was doing great today and had a win in sight but had to pit for body damage and finished 4th.

Aftermath photo of the 370Z from the Continental Tire race yesterday. Bryan was not in the car when this happened.

553897_418989058115586_100000134856869_1838346_887570062_n.jpg

Apart from the Academy-Winners there are even more former Silverstone-Finalists who are racing in small unknown series and rallys.
For those who are interested in their storys:

Chris Midmark: (2008 Skandinavia) https://www.facebook.com/groups/119913934707722/
http://www.youtube.com/user/ChrisMidmark

Luca Lorenzini (2008/2010 Italy): https://www.facebook.com/Giagua.Luca.Lorenzini

Ralph Verberkt (2008 Netherlands): http://www.ralphverberkt.com/

Giacomo Cunial (2008/2010 Italy): https://twitter.com/#!/Jackcunial

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back