2012 Malaysian Grand Prix

Massa is slow in comparison because he is as good as a driver that has beat Alonso? It is more to do with Massa heavily underperforming in the car than Alonso outperforming it. Massa had quite big problems with balance and that affects confidence so if he can get the car to work for him like Alonso is currently doing, the gap between them will close up quite quickly. It remains to be seen how well he will do, main time to watch how well he is doing would be after the potential big upgrade coming soon. It is not like Massa thinks he is getting everything out the car and then still getting outpaced, he couldn't hook up a lap in qualifying last race due to balance problems and that showed in his race pace.

What Massa thinks is irrelevant. What he can get out of equal machinery is what matters, and the fact is that he is nowhere near Alonso at the moment, nor has he been since they were paired up at Ferrari.

Apparently Vettel reported that Abbey is acting very weird in high speed cornering. It appear Mclaren is still a bit ahead of everyone in Malaysia. Mercedes still have huge tyre wear problem apparently also. Dunno what's up with renault, they did pretty well in p1 but seems a bit behind in p2. Another exciting race ahead of us I think.

Apparently Vettel reported that Abbey is acting very weird in high speed cornering. It appear Mclaren is still a bit ahead of everyone in Malaysia. Mercedes still have huge tyre wear problem apparently also. Dunno what's up with renault, they did pretty well in p1 but seems a bit behind in p2. Another exciting race ahead of us I think.

I wouldn't mind betting that the RB8, sans-blown diffuser, isn't anything like as nice a car through the high-speed stuff as the RB7, and perhaps Vettel is more sensitive to it than Webber.

Abbey? Is that what he's named his car this year?

Well I doubt it's his girlfriend. Although I guess it could be, my wife certainly acts weird in high-speed cornering. She kinda goes all pale, and screamy.

He thought about Church and Monastery, but settled for Abbey. Kids these days ... they can't keep a simple helmet design like Senna, they can't punch a marshall like Hunt, but they do name their cars :rolleyes:

Named after the Beatles album, but one of the previous suggestions was "Everybody's Wife". He couldn't think of why, but a mechanic suggested that it "had an ugly nose but went like a train" :lol:

It was hot today, really hot. From the sessions, I'd say the Mercedes look much stronger here. Red Bull still finding some clues in their cars while McLaren is looking much stronger. Hamilton dominated both session but I know, it's just practise and it means nothing.

I granted an access to the pitlane and oh it was awesome! :D

Nice pictures. You have good seats. Sepang is one of those circuits I'd love to visit, but I think the heat (specifically, the humidity) would kill me.

Nice pictures. You have good seats. Sepang is one of those circuits I'd love to visit, but I think the heat (specifically, the humidity) would kill me.

Thanks mate. But I won't be around the main grandstand and tower area for the next 2 days because those place will be crowded as 🤬! Instead, I will be at the Hillstand (around turn 3) and I can have a much larger view and of course, bigger space so I can lie down and have free seats anywhere I want.

Indeed. You will need plenty of water to survive there. I spent almost MYR25 only for drinks! At some point of the day, it looked almost like it's going to rain around the afternoon but it stayed dry throughout the day. You should come here and enjoy the race. It's not excellent but I'd give it a pretty good rating.

Enjoy Quali and the race. Turn 3 seems like a good place to sit. Will you be able to see a TV screen, or will you have the exciting approaching engine noise as you try to see who is in the lead?
Indeed. You will need plenty of water to survive there. I spent almost MYR25 only for drinks! At some point of the day, it looked almost like it's going to rain around the afternoon but it stayed dry throughout the day. You should come here and enjoy the race. It's not excellent but I'd give it a pretty good rating.

I'm not sure if 25 MYR is a lot of money, but having converted the currency it works out at 5.1 GBP, which isn't too expensive considering you bought them at a sporting event. I think I would need 100 MYR for drinks though.

Enjoy Quali and the race. Turn 3 seems like a good place to sit. Will you be able to see a TV screen, or will you have the exciting approaching engine noise as you try to see who is in the lead?

Sure I will enjoy it! ;)

It is a good place to sit. There was a big screen there last year, not sure if that's the case for this year though. I'd love to have one there. Otherwise, I'll just rely on someone else's FanVision. But yeah, maybe the second one will be the case if worse comes to worst :P

I'm not sure if 25 MYR is a lot of money, but having converted the currency it works out at 5.1 GBP, which isn't too expensive considering you bought them at a sporting event. I think I would need 100 MYR for drinks though.

I think it's our bad currency or economy or whatever it is. For us, MYR25 for drinks is a lot of money. A mineral water out of the circuit would only cost us MYR1.50 but in the circuit, it's a whopping MYR5! :crazy:

A mineral water out of the circuit would only cost us MYR1.50 but in the circuit, it's a whopping MYR5! :crazy:

The price inflation seems to be consistent for a sporting event. I'm guessing they stopped you taking bottles/cans into the track... When I went to the Indycar race at Toronto last year, I bought a 2L bottle of water 5 minutes before I got to the circuit, but they wouldn't let us take it in. 👎

There were some people there doing a promotion for Dr. Pepper, so we just kept walking back past them and grabbing a few free cans.

My money is on Hamilton (fastest in P1 and P2, fwiw), but I'd love to see Kimi or Schumacher pull it out. I don't want another runaway season, even though I'm a McLaren fan, so a diverse podium would work for me.

My predictions:

1.) Lewis Hamilton
2.) Jenson Button
3.) Michael Schumacher (wishful thinking, I realize)
4.) Kimi Raikkonen
5.) Sebastian Vettel

Last edited:
And then Raikkonen gets a 5 place grid penalty.....He better get pole...Whyu acnt anything good happen to a Renault/Lotus driver named Kubica/Raikkonen..

I think it's our bad currency or economy or whatever it is. For us, MYR25 for drinks is a lot of money. A mineral water out of the circuit would only cost us MYR1.50 but in the circuit, it's a whopping MYR5! :crazy:

Convenience and license costs (most vendors have to pay a license just to sell goods on the premises of the track).
Always try to take your own food and drink if possible to motorsport events to avoid this (major events like this you probably need to smuggle it in ;))

Definitely have to catch this race in replay. Not staying up until 530am just to watch the race... and that is if it doesn't rain during the race. Won't even be able to watch qualifying.

Definitely have to catch this race in replay. Not staying up until 530am just to watch the race... and that is if it doesn't rain during the race. Won't even be able to watch qualifying.

Eh, just wake up at 5am? I wake up at 5:30am daily. :)

Back