2014 Bathurst 12 Hour - Jan. 25th - Congrat's to winners Team Old Rosie! Over 350 laps!

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 155 comments

Wardez

Not Hotdog
Staff Emeritus
United States
Las Vegas UTC-8
Wardez
Wardez
12hourpost2-png.97977

Welcome to the 2014 GTPlanet Bathurst 12 Hour!

In this inaugural event, teams of up to four drivers will compete (locally or remotely) in GT3 machinery, over twelve hours. Whilst this is a race against the clock, teams will need to demonstrate their; concentration, consistency, and team work, just to reach the checkered flag. The victors of this sim-racing showcase will have surely proved their Aussie Grit.

We look forward to receiving your applications and support for this event, and if successful to make such events a regular feature to the GTPlanet racing calendar.

This event is very ambitious and whilst the rules below have been carefully thought out, they are a work in progress and subject to change.

OP bitly link: http://bit.ly/GTPBathurst12Hour

@Wardez & @Player 1
Event Promotors

Event Regulations & Procedures

The Event

• The Event starts at 06:00 PST/08:00 CST/09:00 EST/14:00 UTC/22:00 AWST/00:00 AEST.
  • The Event will be run in Practice Mode to allow Driver changes to occur at any time.
  • The Event will finish once the ‘Lobby Total Time’ reaches 12h 00:00.000.
  • Drivers may continue to race until they return to the finish line, at which point their race will be completed.

Teams
  • There is a maximum of 15 Teams.
  • Teams may consist of 1-4 Drivers.
  • Teams should have a name, and nominate a Team Manager (TM) to organise and run the team.
  • Team Managers do not need to also be a Driver, but may be.
  • Team members do not need to use the same PS3 as each other, but may do so.

Drivers
  • All drivers in a Team must drive the same model version of their Team’s car.
  • Drivers may have different set-ups.
  • Drivers may partake in as many or as few stints as they wish, for any period of time. The timetable shows 12x1 Hour Stints as a guideline.

Cars
  • There are 22 cars eligible for GT3 (see GT3 Homologated Car list).
  • There is no limit on the number of Teams that may use each model version of a particular car.
  • Where the is more than one model version of a particular car, it is recommended that Teams use alternative versions or colours to each other, to aid in identification during the Event.
  • GT3 cars must have a minimum weight of 1350kg and a maximum of 591bhp (subject to adjustment).
  • Tire choice is open.

Stints
  • Starting Drivers (Driver A) should be nominated by their Team Manager before the start of the Event.
  • When Driver A wishes to hand over his car to Driver B, he must enter the pits and take a digital photograph of his whole screen, in order to record duration and lap count.
  • Driver A should then leave the race and return to the lobby.
  • Driver B may enter the race once Driver A has returned to the lobby.
  • Before leaving the pits Driver B must take a digital photograph of his whole screen, in order to record start time relative to lobby start time.
  • Once total race time has elapsed, Drivers may continue to race until they return to the finish line where they should stop and take a final digital photograph.

Scoring
  • At the end of the Event total laps completed by each Car will determine finishing order.
  • Cars with the same number of laps will be ordered by track positions at the end of the Event.

GT3 Homologated Car List (subject to adjustment)

Audi R8 LMS - Team Oreca '10

Audi R8 LMS ultra '12

Audi R8 LMS ultra (Audi Sport Team Phoenix) '12

Audi R8 LMS ultra 15th Anniversary Edition

Autobacs ARTA Garaiya '08

Autobacs ARTA Garaiya GT300 Base Model '08

BMW E92 M3 (BMW Motorsport) '10

BMW M3 GT (BMW Motorsport) '11

BMW Z4 GT3 '11

Honda NSX GT500 Base Model '08

Lexus IS F Racing Concept 15th Anniversary Edition ‘08

Lexus IS350 GT300 Base Model '08

Lexus Weds Sport IS350 '08

Mercedes-Benz Mercedes SLS AMG GT3 15th Anniversary Edition

Mercedes-Benz SLS AMG GT3 '11

Nissan GT-R N24 GT Academy Version '12

Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 '13

Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 15th Anniversary Edition ‘12

Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 Base Model '13

Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3 N24 Schulze Motorsport '13

Subaru BRZ GT300 Base Model '12

Subaru BRZ R&D SPORT '12

Team Application Template

Team Name -
Team Manager -
Driver 1 -
Driver 2 -
Driver 3 -
Driver 4 -
Car -
Version -

Last edited:
Event Updates

31 JAN - Results and Stint Data published

25 JAN - 2014 gtplanet Bathurst 12 Hour

24 JAN - Driver Briefing

22 JAN - Team Manager Briefing

18 JAN - Open 6 Hour Test

08 JAN - Revised Car List (still subject to change)

b12cl.png

05 JAN - Provisional Lobby settings

b12ls.png

03 JAN - Event announcement

Last edited:
I will see if I can assemble a team. Pencil us in for the Audi R8 LMS Ultra Team Phoenix. Team name Concrete Climax, will most likely be competing via a single PS3.

We're in! You may sign "Clube F4F/GT Lixo" Team in the table! We're yet to select the car and name the drivers. I'll bring this information very soon!

@jonnyb1990
@GTP_DeadKun

Welcome!

Please note that we are running the event the way we are to allow teams not to have to be in the same place (same ps3), but of course may if they wish.

Once we get a few more entries we will set up some group tests so everyone can familiarise themselves with the system we are going to use.

Ok, @Player 1 !

By the way, if the team swap players in the same ps3, the car will have to leave to lobby and then re-enter the race, right?

It should be put clear, since a local player swapping without this "logout process" would give some seconds to the team. =]

@GTP_DeadKun No need for racers to even leave track to switch drivers in a local team, just have the other guy sit down in the rig and wham! Local players have a slight advantage in that it's easier to swap quickly. Remote players can swap just as fast if they communicate correctly (skype's handy for this) , but there is that barrier of distance.

@GTP_DeadKun No need for racers to even leave track to switch drivers in a local team, just have the other guy sit down in the rig and wham! Local players have a slight advantage in that it's easier to swap quickly. Remote players can swap just as fast if they communicate correctly (skype's handy for this) , but there is that barrier of distance.

I got it.

I have no experience with this kind of event, but if u say the advantage for local players won't be that large, I will agree! ^^

I'd agree with that statement, even though the local teams will be quicker to do the actual change, multi-system teams will get a 'free' 100 litres of fuel when they switch, probably worth about 30 seconds compared to refueling that much if it's coordinated well.

Team Application

Team Name - Apex AMG
Team Manager - DaxCobra (Jake Ringwood)
Driver 1 - DaxCobra (Jake Ringwood)
Driver 2 - DrivingForce (Josh Johnson)
Driver 3 - Quantum_H4i (Ben Johnson)
Car - Mercedes SLS AMG
Version - Base Model Race Car (Light Blue)

Definitely up for this. Will need to ask parents if I can do this at my house, if not we will be doing it at my friends house, so I am not entirely sure which account/PS3 we will be running this on. I will get back to you on this though today or tomorrow.

Last edited:
Your thumbs will be finished with that DS3.

Won't they just! But let's face it, my connection will probably die before I do. :P

All cars (subject to adjustment) are minimum 1350kg and maximum 598bhp?

Welcome to all new teams!

I'd agree with that statement, even though the local teams will be quicker to do the actual change, multi-system teams will get a 'free' 100 litres of fuel when they switch, probably worth about 30 seconds compared to refueling that much if it's coordinated well.

Only if your tank is dry and you can switch over before your car arrives at its pit, so its probably going to be pretty negligible, but fun to find out!

What happens if you disconnect? You wont be able to take a photo of the laps set?

If you are worried about your connection I would play it safe and take a quick pic every pit stop just in case. Remember if you do lag out, you can rejoin the race when you get back online, thats the beauty of running this in practice mode.

So we can do a solo effort? BMW Z4 if that's the case...

Sure, you won’t be the only one. Can you come up with a team name though please?

Back