2014 F1 USGP Austin, Texas

Discussion in 'Local Gatherings' started by Wardez, Jun 10, 2012.

1. Wardez

United States Las Vegas UTC-8
    PSN:Wardez

Hey guys, just wondering how many were going to the inaugural race this year. Where are you staying, where are you sitting, should we organize a little get together at a restaurant or bar in the evening in Austin?

I originally bought two turn twelve tickets but decided to sell them to a friend because my brother ended up being able to go so I didn't want him to miss it. I now have three general admission passes.

I'm staying at a Motel 6 in Austin North, by the I-35. $44 but it's not a pretty place what so ever xD.

Let us know!

Get ready for 2013!

Time to plan out this year's race. Meet ups, location information, schedules, etc.
    Last edited: Jul 7, 2013
  2. Sonzilla

Alderaan

Me and my friend are going sitting at T11 Row 3. Staying at Austin's Lonestar Inn, not a pretty place either but hella cheap. I would have stayed at a better place called the Red Roof Inn but when F1 changed the date schedule the new date was sold out for that hotel. :ouch: This was last year lol, but it's all good I'm happy I found a place. I bet it's 10x hard and a crap load more money for a room now.

What I want to see is a seating chart of the grandstands anyone know if this is available.
  3. F1 fan

Premium
    Scotland Yokohama
    PSN:F1fan1

Had a quick look and found this.

[​IMG]
  4. Digital-Nitrate

Premium
    United States Austin, Texas
    PSN:D-Nitrate / GTP_DNitrate

I'll be there with family in tow... But don't forget, the Formula 1 Expo is this weekend at the Austin Convention Center. If you've never been to an f1 Expo I strongly recommend it!
  5. R1600Turbo

Premium
    United States Arizona
    PSN:R1600Turbo

Next year. :(

But if all goes according to plan, next year you can crash at my place. :sly:
  6. astrosdude91

United States Houston, TX
    PSN:astrosdude91

I've got my general admission passes. My friend's sister lives in on the west side of Austin, we're crashing at her place. But we may camp out at the track saturday night to get the spot available. A meet up would indeed be cool!
  7. Sonzilla

Alderaan

No like the actual seating ie. row and seat number position.
  8. dice1998

Premium
    United States Clermont, FL
    PSN:dice1998

Just bought my tickets with some other members. Turn 4 for now, but we're trying to get turn 12 tickets :lol:
  9. Azure Flare

Premium
    None Carthage, TN
    PSN:race_emhard

I plan on going, one way or another.
  10. ZohsixGT5

Premium
    United States Atlanta
    PSN:ZohsixGT5

I'm dying to go, but out of my friends that could go, none them have enough money or interest to tag along. If anyone has room for one person to tag along I would be grateful. I'm a 27 year old normal dude. At this point I'm getting desperate so I'll probably just end up getting a general admission ticket.
  11. disinfected

Premium
    United States Dallas
    PSN:disinfected

I'm planning on going now, would be great if we could actually make this one an official meet up. Not really into the bar scene personally, but don't see any reason why we can't do some kind of meet up on the grounds.
  12. Peter.

Jamaica Jamaica
    PSN:pj-gm

It's the closest race to my country all year, and I have relatives who live in Austin to stay with, so I'm trying to work something out.
  13. disinfected

Premium
    United States Dallas

Can't figure out what I want to buy as far as my tickets.
  14. Crash

Premium
    United States Land of the Free
    PSN:Crash852

I think I'm going to try and go. I haven't figured out where I want to sit at, but I think I may crash at a friend's timeshare.
  15. disinfected

Premium
    United States Dallas

Still need to buy my tickets. Hopefully there are still going to be some left.
  16. Sanji Himura

United States Azle, TX
    PSN:supermanfromazle

It will be next year for me as well. :(

On the one hand, it will provide me plenty of time to save up for the trip since I was caught completely unawares on how expensive the hotel was going to be for the race.

EDIT: The sad thing is that I live about 250 miles from there.

A word of advice: Megabus.
  17. Patrick

Premium
    United States California

Yeah, with races you need to book your hotel pretty much right after the event. So you won't spend a fortune.
  18. Sanji Himura

United States Azle, TX
    PSN:supermanfromazle

Well with Nascar, I don't have much of a problem since I am a hop, skip and a jump from the Texas Motor Speedway and I can just drive there. The problem with F1 is that I was looking to book in February, or whenever the November date was announced by the FIA, and the hotels were telling me anywhere from $450-475 a night. Next year, I'll be more prepared.
  19. R1600Turbo

Premium
    United States Arizona
    PSN:R1600Turbo

Yikes on the pricing. I'm still trying to move to that area sometime early next year, so I can stay in my own place. :D
  20. gtpanoz

Premium
    United States Wise, VA
    PSN:panoz38

I'm be staying in a Super 8 in San Marcos. This being my first F1 race in person actually happens a day before my birthday.
  21. dice1998

Premium
    United States Clermont, FL
    PSN:dice1998

With one month to go, it's time to bump this and figure out everyone's situation and whatnot :lol:

I, personally, am leaving wednesday and am prepared to have my ears bleed over the noisegasm which is F1 :lol:
  22. gtpanoz

Premium
    United States Wise, VA

Bumping this thread, a week before race hope to get more folks on this thread
  23. Jordan

Administrator
    United States United States
    PSN:GTP_Jordan

How many of you guys will be in Austin on Thursday night?
  24. Omnis

United States Murica
    PSN:MP-Omnis

If anyone has an extra ticket I'm about ready to dip outta Florida for the weekend. :lol: I need a vacation so badly. And some Franklin BBQ. Brisket, babeh.

Hopefully the race is a big hit so they come back next year.
  25. MUSC4EVER

Premium
    Wales wrexham
    PSN:unduecoronet

Really looking forward to this.. i love new circuits..its like stepping in to the unknown!:lol:
  26. McClarenDesign

Premium
    United States Norman, OK
    PSN:McClarenDesign

I will be leaving for Austin Thursday morning at 1a, heading into Humble, TX around 8-9a to meet my best friend. He and I are gonna stop by the DeLorean factory before I head to Austin. Should be in Austin proper around 7p or so.

I'll also be sampling the new 85 mph toll road that's there.
  27. parabulla

Premium
    Argentina Kingwood, TX, U
    PSN:parabulla

I'll be departing from Humble as well, only on Friday morning. The closest accommodations we could afford were in Bastrop. If anyone else is bringing a MTB or BMX bike lmk if you need a guide to the local jumping grounds.
  28. McClarenDesign

Premium
    United States Norman, OK
    PSN:McClarenDesign

Lol, I'm staying in Killeen.
  29. gtpanoz

Premium
    United States Wise, VA

Finally made it to Austin and in the hotel. Getting ready to fall asleep. :gtpflag:
  30. Wardez

United States Las Vegas UTC-8
    PSN:Wardez

Cool, are you gonna be at the GTA viewing party?

I'm gonna be there just in time for it hopefully. I'm leaving in a few hours.
Next Page »