2014 F1 USGP Austin, Texas

• Thread starter Wardez
  • 48 comments
We drove in from West Houston tonight. We've got a place to stay at my best friend's sister's apartment, about 20 minutes from the track. We really lucked out with that!

I'm flying in today, arriving in San Antonio at 9:30 pm. May try to meet up with you guys tonight if everything goes smoothly with flight, rental car, etc.

We have seats in turn 12 grandstand, will be out at track all 3 days.

Well, 2012 is about come and gone, so how about next year? Austinites, anywhere you suggest for a GTP gathering next year?

As of now, I'm planning on going. I'm going to try and finalize a few things over the next few days.

You should start a 2013 USGP F1 meet up thread.

We can keep using this thread. Hope lots more GTP'ers can make it 👍

Our seats are at Turn 5. Staying in San Antonio, hotels in Austin are all $300-400 by now. Hopefully there will be another GTP meetup, I missed last years race.

I don't know if I can make it to this year's race, but I would like to still go to the meet up via Megabus. I hope that with two months, or there abouts to the race, I hope that we get the meet up sorted.

Well, I've purchased tickets to the F1 race. Will there be a GTP meet up this year on one of the evenings like last year?

Unfortunately, I will not be attending the US F1 race this year anymore as I have to travel for work during that time and I will be trying to get rid of my ticket. Everyone that is going, have fun!

I may or may not be out myself, as the company I work for is under contract to detail some of the private jets flying in for the race.

2014 is here, so time to organize another meet up. I know for sure that I will be attending, it is simply a matter of getting final funds together to be able to attend. I will be at the event for all three days, arriving Thursday and leaving Monday. I am open to meeting Thursday afternoon until Sunday evening after the race. So, shoot some suggestions as to where to meet if your going.

EDIT: Mods, please edit the thread title accordingly.

I know I could gather enough money together to make it this year, but the real question is if I could actually take any vacation days.

I'll find out sometime before though.

As long as I don't get sent on a last minute business trip (like last year) or anything unforeseeable comes up, I'm there.

Well, bump.

I will be in Austin from Tuesday, 10/28 to Tuesday 11/4. I'll definitely be at the race on Sunday, though I'm not sure if I'm going to be going to all the practice and qualifying sessions yet.

Is anyone else going to the US F1 race?

Latest Posts

Back