2014 Nurburgring 24 hour, VLN series 7/12 teams signed up

• Thread starter memto89
  • 1,164 comments
United Kingdom
Coventry
memto89
rqvn.jpg

aeb8.jpg
Welcome to the 3rd annual Gran Turismo Nurburgring 24Hour race hosted this year by GTPlanet. It is that time of year again and although no longer under the banner of Wurks.ca, this year’s event promises to be as strong as ever with 7 confirmed teams having contested the N24 Car Selection Series. This is a truly global series with entrances from all over the world.

We are still looking to sign up more teams for an entry list of at least 12 cars so it’s not too late to get involved if you think you and your team has what it takes to triumph over this grueling event.

The event will be run on Gran Turismo 6 and as such may result in revisions to the following information. This will be done as and when possible and will be mentioned in the thread, however it is the responsibility of the teams to keep abreast of these changes and respond accordingly.

Follow the series!

p6gm.jpg

7/12 teams signed up 5 team spots left

sbbf.jpg

wu7q.jpg
v7fy.jpg
43op.jpg
t401.jpg

Order of teams to chose
only one car per team for Pro (AM teams will double up)

PRO
CCR - Nissan Fairlady LM
TOR - Chevorlet Camaro LM
TMB - Dodge Viper GTS
GORE - AUDI R8 LMS
FRT - Ford GT Spec II
P24 - Jaguar XJ220 LM
REST - Corvette C5R
AM
THAR - Audi R8 LMS
CGR - Dodge Viper GTS

1ff7.jpg

uyiu.jpg

wdad.jpg

omwe.jpg

u9qa.jpg

j6yo.jpg

yr3r.jpg

*subject to change

b0m5.jpg

*Small Print:
This is not an official GTP run series, but the name has been allowed to be used. Jordan and the GTP team have nothing to do with the running of this series and any issues should be run by the CORE team or memto89. Please click the image for more information!

Last edited:
Following the publication of the official Results for the final round at the Nurburgring here are the Championship standings at the end of the series

null_zps382fdb65.jpg

As stated in the Drivers Briefing, teams that failed to complete at least 33 Laps as a 'team total' are classified as a DNF and did not score points.

Well done to all that took part and congrats to CCR for an 'almost' faultless championship.

To all 'Pro' Teams that will be competing in the GTPN24 race in February, please remember to register your unique PSN ID for your Team Name when you have a chance. This will be the PSN ID that you will use to compete in February so that all is clear to the general public viewing the Livestream. Here is the list of registered Pro Teams, our suggested PSN ID for each (adhering to the PSN 16 charector format) with those teams that have already registered clearly marked.

When you have registered your Team Name, please ensure you ONLY 'Friend' the other GTPN24 'Pro Teams' on this account as this will ensure that in February, the Lobby we set up will remain exclusive to only those teams entered/registered.
4E2C4B45-9136-4C8B-B3C9-AAD30C46D9CD_zpscfy4yjn0.jpg

Last edited:
VLN:

u9qa.jpg

img.php

Drivers Brief

VLN Round 1

Track: Nurburgring 24 hour

Laps: 22

Start: Rolling

Time Progression: 1

Lobby settings:

Laps: 23

Aids: ABS and Traction control allowed

Finish time delay: 60 secs

Visible Damage: off

Mechanical Damage: Heavy

Disable Collisions: Off

Slipstream Strenght: Weak

Tyres/Fuel Depletion: Normal

Grip: Real

PRO
CCR - Nissan Fairlady LM
TOR - Chevorlet Camaro LM
TMB - Dodge Viper GTS
GORE - AUDI R8 LMS
FRT - Ford GT Spec II
P24 - Jaguar XJ220 LM
REST - TBA
AM
THAR - Audi R8 LMS
CGR - Dodge Viper GTS​

1ff7.jpg

Stewarding:
This is a Stewarded event, so make sure you read the rules and keep your driving in check. We are expecting an Incident report from every driver within 24h of the race finish!!! If you are not aware of what one is, it is the lap and incident you had and who with.

cunl.jpg

Room opening:
Rooms will be opened at 21:00 GMT, All drivers need to have the host added to their friends list (it is not the host responsibility to add drivers)

Spec Check:
Spec Check will happen at 21:30 GMT and should last about 5 mins. Please be silent for this so that the host can get through it faster.

Qulifuying:
Will be 20 mins, The track will be changed and then changed back to remove all times. Once the track has loaded then qualifying has started. The time will be shown in the top right corner, after the clock hits 20 mins then qualifying will be over. There will be a 5 min break for any drivers to get drinks, go to the toilet etc. The host will announce this when the 5 mins will end.

Start:
The start will be a Rolling start in 2x2 formation, The leader will roll out of turn 12 at 40MPH/64KPH in the 2x2 formation. Once in the acceleration zone the leader will go at full throttle (With no lifting) and the host will call green.
t98g.jpg

Finish:
The finish will be when the message pops up that the leader has passed the line for 1 more lap. (Lap 22) you will then make your way to turn 11 of the GP circuit and wait behind the leader until the last person has reached the same place. After that you may finish the race or leave.

nurburg-map-jpg_100205221_m.jpg

Scoring:
This is a team event, therefore the teams time will be added together and the team with the smallest number wins and will receive the top points. AM teams and Pro teams will be scored in different categories as this is qualifying for the N24.

1st - 10
2nd - 8
3rd - 6
4th - 5
5th - 4
6th - 3
7th - 2
8th - 1
Time progression:
This is the first instalment of the VLN series and it will take place in the morning. We will be driving through the dawn. Time will be set to 1 so that you get a good idea how the real race will work.

Coms/Text:
Please do not use headsets or the text box in qualifying of the race. Its distracting and not very considerate.

Lobby 1 Host: TBA
1. Jonnyb1990 - CCR - Nissan Fairlady LM

Lobby 2 Host: TBA
1. memto89 - CCR - Nissan Fairlady LM

Lobby 3 Host: TBA
1. Jammyozzy - CCR - Nissan Fairlady LM

Last edited:
Looking forward I would like to continue my involvement with this series and the N24 in February.

Since we had barely joined yet it sounds weird saying we're still committed but yeah we still would like to participate in this leading up to the big race and hopefully prove our worth. :)

Since we had barely joined yet it sounds weird saying we're still committed but yeah we still would like to participate in this leading up to the big race and hopefully prove our worth. :)

Welcome to you and your team ;)

Anyone who wants to sign up but doesnt have a team can still do so and we shall place you into a team as and when we have confirmation.

Just a heads up that I will be taking in this series for the last few races(unless issues pop up) I'll sort out my car choice in the weekend when I have access to my PS3, then we can sort teams out, I will not be racing in the N24 in February, so I will be in a casual team

Last edited:
Just a heads up that I will be taking in this series for the last few races(unless issues pop up) I'll sort out my car choice in the weekend when I have access to my PS3, then we can sort teams out, I will be racing in the N24 in February, so I will be in a casual team

lol do you mean you will not be racing in February?

I'm very generous on that front, but I don't really do setups on roads cars, just ride height, downforce and gear ratios, I might try something though and send it to my teammate(if he wants it).

My team's thinking about the Lexus. I think we will make a final decision later tonight when all team members feel they have tested enough. Team colours and name will also be announced. 👍

My team's thinking about the Lexus. I think we will make a final decision later tonight when all team members feel they have tested enough. Team colours and name will also be announced. 👍

Excellent. We look forward to having you on board 👍

I think there will still be representation from None Shall Pass for the rest of the series as a CASUAL team (everyone is an amateur - unless one of you is Sebastien Vettel - Johnny? memto?).

I think I will be free for the next race but it depends on my children! After that I probably won't be able to attend either of the other 2 races. I will dip in to do some testing with you when I can.

I think there will still be representation from None Shall Pass for the rest of the series as a CASUAL team (everyone is an amateur - unless one of you is Sebastien Vettel - Johnny? memto?). I think I will be free for the next race but it depends on my children! After that I probably won't be able to attend either of the other 2 races. I will dip in to do some testing with you when I can.

I'm Hamilton not vettel ;)

As the minister of public affairs in the Gothic Racing Empire, I hereby announce our team and intention to participate in the remaining three races and the 24 hour enduro in February.

GORE - Gothic Racing Empire
Team manager: the_proffs
Driver 1: the_proffs
Driver 2: xNikodemusx
Driver 3: attrapp

Car: Lexus IS-F RM
Team colours: Green and gold

In the upcoming race at Deep forest me and our beloved leader the_proffs plan to compete. See you all on the race track!

/Niko

Excellent news. Looking forward to seeing your car on track in 9 days. Incidentally, wil be doing some testing with a few others in about an hour if you care to join. Please send FR to 'Gadget334' so we can find each other on PSN

We are friends all ready but that sounds like a great opportunity to do some testing so i'll be there. :)

I believe memto89 and jonnyb1990 already have a testing lounge open if you are ready now. I'll be along shortly to join.

Any other CSS drivers looking for a spot of Deep Forest practise tonight. Follow our dots to find us.

Not currently a friend of those guys, but I'll wait until you start. proffs might join as well.

Back