2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Crazy end to the race there with people running out of fuel left, right and centre after the chequered flag came out

Crazy end to the race there with people running out of fuel left, right and centre after the chequered flag came out

I thought it was funny when Justin Wilson ran out at the apex of Turn 2, then the track workers just turned him around and pushed him down the hill so he could roll into the pits.

Filled in some blanks after the NASCAR schedule(s) release and other stuff.

Bold=confirmed
Italic=likely

RACER’S BEST GUESS AT 2015
FEBRUARY
Dubai (street circuit)

MARCH
Brasilia (road course)
16-17th Barber open test
Sun 29th-St. Petersburg (street circuit)

APRIL
Sun 12th-New Orleans (road)
Sun 19th-Long Beach (street)
Sun 26th-Barber (road course)

MAY
16-17th-Indianapolis (road course)
Sun 24th-Indianapolis 500 (oval)
30-31st-Detroit (street)

JUNE
Sat 6th-Texas (oval)
Sat 20th-Iowa (oval)

JULY
Canada (road course) July 12th Mosport IMSA date
Pocono (oval) Likely July 11-12th weekend
Fontana (oval)

AUGUST
Sun 2nd-Mid-Ohio (road course)
Milwaukee (oval)
Sun 23rd-Sonoma (road course)

SEPTEMBER
??

http://motorsportstalk.nbcsports.co...indycar-schedule-hints-texas-indycar-returns/

Last edited:
I would put Fontana as the September date, because I know for a fact that the track owners aren't happy with their current Labor Day weekend date... Otherwise, I can't really say what the other dates will be, though the Dubai Street Circuit might just be hot air.

I don't know about that. New Orleans on April 12th, and Long Beach the next week? Robin Miller, who's a ton more reliable when it comes to Indycar news, had New Orleans listed as a potential September race. That's just DiZinno mapping out how the 2015 NASCAR schedule compared to this year's Indycar schedule.

AVONDALE, La. (Wednesday, Aug. 27, 2014) – INDYCAR announced today the addition of NOLA Motorsports Park and the Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana to the Verizon IndyCar Series schedule in 2015. The event will be held April 10-12 and organized by Andretti Sports Marketing on a newly-configured 13-turn, 2.67-mile permanent road course layout.

The Indy Grand Prix of Louisiana will feature a three-day festival combining Louisiana’s culture – including live musical acts, entertainment and local cuisine – with the excitement of a Verizon IndyCar Series event.

http://morefrontwing.com/2014/08/27/verizon-indycar-series-to-race-at-nola-motorpsorts-peak-in-2015/

Why have a race when it is 90 deg with a heat index of 100 and hurricane season when it is sunny and 75 in April?

I don't think it's a smart idea to have it the week before Long Beach.
NASCAR is in Texas the same weekend,cup runs Saturday night so there is no racing on TV. The race can be on ABC and the only competition will be the Masters. There is also the French Quarter jazz festival the same weekend so there will already be out of town people in New Orleans.Its a lot easier to draw a crowd if the people are already in town instead of the week before which btw is Easter. Either Conti or PWC will help fill the weekend and the other one can share the bill at Barber 2 weeks later.

Auto Club Speedway needs to be cleaned a bit. This was after they tested at the track yesterday afternoon into the night.

BwGn-oaCYAEVV_A.jpg:large

Auto Club Speedway needs to be cleaned a bit. This was after they tested at the track yesterday afternoon into the night.

*Snip*

Dang... Are those bits of rubber on R-HR's helmet? Or just chip-offs of the decals from debris?

That looks like one of those old crapwagon crashes from the irl days, he and Charlie are both damn lucky. 2 wheels below the white line is a huge mistake for the rookie.

Here's video of the crash.

My goodness, what a terrible crash. That reminded me of Dario and Dan's crash so much, they need to replace these cheese graters with very high walls in the back stretch and turns... oval racing is too dangerous in its current form for open wheel.

Which leads to this question, will Indycar ever learn about how dangerous oval racing is and from what has happened in the past? Since 1994, 5 drivers have died on ovals in USAC/Champcar/IRL/Indycar races. There have also been multiple near fatal crashes as well (this crash, Brack at Texas, Briscoe at Chicagoland, Zanardi at Germany, Fittipauldi and Sullivan at Michigan, Andretti at Indianapolis 2003, 2001 Atlanta, and many more. This is unacceptable in terms of the amount of serious accidents involving Indycar at ovals. As much as I love oval racing and seeing these cars go around at 220+, it's just too dangerous in its current form in terms of safety.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back