2016 Verizon IndyCar SeriesOpen Wheel 

• Thread starter VNAF Ace
  • 8,011 comments
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pretty boring race so far, IndyCar needs to do something about the safety crew, they are extremely slow at getting cars of the track.

I was hypped to start watching (transmission delayed due to tennis, here...) now being bored to death. How long does it take to clean whatever it was? That no one can see anymore on the track...

How long does it take to clean whatever it was? That no one can see anymore on the track...

They had to fix the tire barriers than Simona's car stopped on track. Still seems like it takes longer than it should though.

Pretty boring race so far, IndyCar needs to do something about the safety crew, they are extremely slow at getting cars of the track.

I know. Wish I had Tivo or something similar. Would just start watching the race an hour later and skip the ads/cautions.

They had to fix the tire barriers than Simona's car stopped on track. Still seems like it takes longer than it should though.

Thanks. 👍
It does look slow.

Edit: as was the race restart. Everyone still trying to get a feel for tire and fuel management on new cars, I guess.

Now a bit more interesting.

Last edited:
I'm surprised they had pit road open with the safety crew right at the entrance.

That was stupid... They were trying to clear a car from pit entrance, into the pits, and then comes the whole pack, into the pits, around bothe sides of the safety crew...

I have a good mind to time the adverts and the race itself. I'm starting to suspect that I'm watching more adverts than racing here.

That's ESPN... always more ads than anything else.

Good battle going on? ....time for a break.
Race restart coming up? ...time for a break.
Just come back from a break? ....time for a break.
No break in the last 5 minutes? ...time for a 5 minute break.

Or, not quite as bad, but still not great; Race going on? Cut to full screen clip from a previous race at the same circuit.

You forgot:

Incident on the track? ...time for a break.
Marty Reid bores the audience? ...time for a break.
Time for a break? ...time for a break.

Could go on and on with those. :lol:

Also kudos to Marty Reid for pointing out that Bourdais lives in France after it's mentioned that he had competed in Le Mans.

Best action on the track? Time for a break.

Well, living in a country where Indy is not that popular means delayed start, just an hour ago, but also just had my first break of the race. Took 30 seconds :D

Always
Bad
Coverage

So Helio gets away with spinning Special Ed and will cruise to a win.Some things never change.

I've noticed IRL is more close-knit than just about any sport I've watched. The drivers aren't as FURIOUSLY competitive as, say.. NASCAR. Well, still competitive, but they won't harbor grudges or serious rivalries. Seems like the entire field would be happy to have a drink and laugh with each other.

A rarity, really.

I quite liked seeing Helio climb the fence after the race. Looked pretty emotional to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back