2015 Ford Mustang - General Discussion

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 6,247 comments
From what I've gathered over the last week, most people in my area don't want a new model. They like the current one and don't want it to change for a some time.

The reality is, people don't really know what they want until they're given the chance to buy it. Mustang fans seemed to be more than happy with the Edge-styled fourth-gen car, but then fell over themselves trying to get the retro one when that came out.

Then everyone fell over themselves again to get the 2010 Mustang, when it made the previous one look old.

I guarantee the same thing would happen if Ford stuck a car like the blue one in the render on the dealer lots. A new Mustang is like a pie on a cartoon character's windowsill. Waft it under their noses and they can't resist.

The reality is, people don't really know what they want until they're given the chance to buy it. Mustang fans seemed to be more than happy with the Edge-styled fourth-gen car, but then fell over themselves trying to get the retro one when that came out.

Then everyone fell over themselves again to get the 2010 Mustang, when it made the previous one look old.

I guarantee the same thing would happen if Ford stuck a car like the blue one in the render on the dealer lots. A new Mustang is like a pie on a cartoon character's windowsill. Waft it under their noses and they can't resist.
20465590002_large.jpg

Ford is hardly likely to repeat that though, are they?

I should really have clarified: A nicely designed Mustang with the right engine. Ford isn't going to squeeze out a big turd of a car, they know better than that now. Much of the umming and ahhing over the shape of the next Mustang is more to do with being luddites than it is to do with the risk of Ford churning out another Probe.

Unless you were being obtuse I'd be surprised if you didn't know what I meant.

My point was, Ford will bend over backward to keep controversy at a minimum for the car if the reaction is strong enough. The Probe is the most obvious example, and I do realize that the reason why it is the most obvious example isn't really the same reason as this, but it isn't the only example of Ford doing it.

Has this rear been posted yet of the Evos? How do they get a Mustang rear out of this?

2011-Ford-Evos-Concept-rear-Angle.jpg

Also the fact that the Evos will have little to do with the styling any future model. It will manifest itself in details and the general "feel" of the new design, not be being the base chassis/ body.

That article also confirms yet again that the styling will be really close to the Evos concept.

On the IRS: Wonder if they'll still keep the solid rear as an option.

Now, all it needs is couple more motors in the lineup.. Say, 2.0 ecoboost from Focus and 3.5l ecoboost from Taurus..

2.0t could be the first car for a successful student. 3.5tt would be for those who can't afford the V8's but want more performance than what the 3.7 offers.

2.0t could be the first car for a successful student. 3.5tt would be for those who can't afford the V8's but want more performance than what the 3.7 offers.

So how much cheaper and more expensive than the V6 would you have those be? For a no frills v6 you can get dealers down to low to flat 20k. A no frills GT can be had at or near 25k. The mustang is available with a staggering number of options that affect comfort, styling, and performance. What you're suggesting is already there, just not in the form of other engine choices.

The live axle really isn't bad...

But it doesn't stack up so well against the non-domestic competition. If the new car is destined to be sold internationally, it doesn't need that weak link on it's spec sheet.

Same goes for installing a 2ltr four-pot. If BMW, Merc and Audi sell their 3-series, C-class and A5 coupes with small four cylinder engines, Ford would be stupid not to as well.

Could always be better. If they're dropping the styling from the 60's then they should drop the engineering as well.

IRS is heavier, more expensive and less durable. Sounds alot better...

They tried IRS before in the Cobras, a big chunk of owners who modded their cars swapped them out for the live axle from the GT.

IRS is heavier, more expensive and less durable. Sounds alot better...

They tried IRS before in the Cobras, a big chunk of owners who modded their cars swapped them out for the live axle from the GT.

That's why I hope they keep it as only an option.

It would be pretty bone-headed not too. Although Ford has made a couple bone-headed decisions as of late IMO.

I was just about to say, it seems like something they would do, as far as not having it as an option lol.

Back