The NSX is making a return...

• Thread starter Brend
  • 1,074 comments
Honda has been mulling plans for the longest time. Their current Super GT car is based on nearly production-ready plans for an "NSX".

Though it's got nothing on the old NSX, this isn't a bad look either....I'll just pretend it's some new car by Honda instead...

It looks neat. It's just a shame that very few companies in the automotive business really has the courage to go and give sports car concepts the green light.

And it seems there's another thread about it here ;)

Lose the gray trim, thene paint it black. /win

Glad to see it come back even with the abortion of green movements known as electric motors.

If handling has improved and power is up enough to play with the big boys then I will be very happy.

Um, I'm pretty sure I saw Acura make the comment that that car was a one off built for the movie & would not go into production.

Looks nice, but nothing compares to the Legend that the NSX was. You only really know when you drive one:sly:👍.

Almost looks similar to the Furai concept. I like it, just needs more than 250hp.

I remember an issue of Autoweek K had a few years ago talking about this, Honda has been talking about it for a long time, but it probably won't get the green light anyway. If it does though, I think they should name it something other than NSX, because that is not an NSX, to make that car again would be very hard to accomplish for today's honda. A light, small, low mid-engined sports car is just too unlikely for me to have faith that it will ever be built.

On again....off again....on again....off again and now, on again. I wonder where Honda is going to position this car if it is made. A rival to the GTR in both price and performance or it's own entity like the LF-A.....only time will tell.

Acura NSX concept coming to Detroit Auto Show.

http://www.autoblog.com/2011/12/12/acura-nsx-concept-ilx-sedan-2013-rdx-coming-to-detroit/

we do know that the NSX will take aim at the Audi R8 with a V6 hybrid powerplant mounted amidships and sending power to all four wheels through a seven-speed dual-clutch gearbox. The exterior will most certainly be inspired by the concept playing beside actor Robert Downey Jr. in the third Ironman installment and pricing won't be anywhere near that of the Lexus LFA – Honda wants this to be obtainable, and if C/D is to be believed, it's already been approved for 2013 production.

Why hybrid? I just don't get it. Toyota didn't make the FR-S a hybrid and it is a mass market sports car. What is the benefit of making a low volume supercar a hybrid? They can't really think that it's 'helping the planet.' Is the illusion of such justification for over-complicating what should be, by historical precedence, a simple, lightweight driver focused sports car? If it really is a hybrid and DSG, they ought not to call it an NSX. My opinion at least.

I assume it would be a system that is similar to the CR-Z. I have never driven one, but I assume it acts like a regular car for the most part?

Even still. It adds dead weight for no benefit. I doubt the owners of a car this expensive (I'm sure it will be R8 money) will really care about fuel efficiency.

I say it will just another concept and not move any where near production. It will just be a way for Acura (Honda) to show it's hybird system and what they can do with it. Also it being a Acura it will have a huge "bird beak" design .

Even still. It adds dead weight for no benefit. I doubt the owners of a car this expensive (I'm sure it will be R8 money) will really care about fuel efficiency.
For the sake of advancing technology. Face it, hybrid drivetrains are useful for both efficiency and power, and will become a mainstay in the automotive landscape. The technology is relatively new and has a long life of development ahead of it, whether we like it or not.

Because this car will implement advanced technology, at least it might be worth its high price. Cars like the R8 are not worth the money since they are relatively conventional. They're priced so high simply because they can, and are highly profitable.

Back