(11/05) My Event Generator + GTauto + Shortcuts + Classic Dealerships (Design Concept)

Argentina
Argentina
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi everyone, this past couple of months I've been doing a design for the UI of the event generator, a tool that let us create our own custom races, I decided to work on this thanks to a post by @research, a question about if we are going to get an event generator in the future is posted on the Kazunori Yamauchi Q/A thread so please support it!
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...gle-event-championship-creator-in-gt6.309331/

The image I used for the event is a photomode picture taken by GTPlanet user @The R!CE Guy
I am not that good with english so excuse me if in some parts I don't make much sense.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Yusuke Yamamoto - Lunar Mare (Channel U)

CAR GRID
This one is a little old so there are some minor differences with the final design, the options displayed here are the Car Selection, Paint / Body Kit, Max Power, Max Speed, Weight, Front Tires, Rear Tires, Drivetrain and Aspiration, this last two settings cannot be edited, and are only used as a reference.
Shortcuts: Press / Hold square on any of the mentioned options to delete (Car Selection) or reset settings to default:

output_hjbt92.gif

OPTIONS
The following options are available on the Car Selection screen. Some of this settings are also available in the Course Selection screen.

Choose from: select cars from your Garage or Arcade Mode, cars bought on GT Mode are unlocked on Arcade Mode.

Selection method:
build a grid of different cars or create a One-Make event.

General settings:
set the rules and gameplay settings for your event, when this option is highlighted detailed info of the current settings is displayed on the upper left of the screen:

GENERAL SETTINGS 0.pngGENERAL SETTINGS 1.png

Calculate prize money: set you car max power and calculate the prize money awarded for each race based on the following system: total average of all participating cars horsepower, total distance traveled on the race and difficulty. When this option is highlighted a resume is displayed on the upper left of the screen showing the prize money awarded and/or championship bonus for finishing in 1st place on all races.

Save:
change the name, description and picture of the event. When this option is highlighted detailed info of the event is displayed on the upper left of the screen:

SAVE 0.pngSAVE 1.png

Load:
choose and edit a previously created event.

EDIT

This option is only available in the Car Selection screen.

Duplicate: create a duplicate of a car and its specifications:

DUPLICATE 0.pngDUPLICATE 1.pngDUPLICATE 2.png

Copy: preset a variety of specifications and copy them into one or multiple cars:

COPY 0.pngCOPY 2.pngCOPY 3.pngCOPY 4.pngCOPY 5.png

Change Order:
change / switch places between spots:​

CHANGE ORDER 0.png CHANGE ORDER 1.png CHANGE ORDER 2.png CHANGE ORDER 3.png CHANGE ORDER 4.png
*UPDATE (suggested by user @Quakebass) Randomizer: generate a grid of random cars, you can also set a minimum/maximum horsepower/weight.

COURSE SELECTION

TRACK SELECTION.png

*UPDATE Race Type: Single Race, Championship and Endurance (select between laps, time or distance)

*UPDATE AVATAR SELECTION
Access this screen by pressing L1, change the name for your driver, country, etc. do it manually or simply use the randomizer, the avatar is displayed next to the car miniature shown in the car selection screen so you can match the car color with the driving suit and vice versa. I think this feature it's a must have thanks to the next suggestion:

(Suggested by user @poumpoum) AI Level: adjust the difficulty level for each driver.

CUSTOM THEMES

You could also change the theme displayed for the event generator, here are some examples.

OLD GENERATION WHITE UI

Isamu Ohira - Light Velocity Ver. II

gran turismo 4 title 3.png

OLD GENERATION DARK UI

Isamu Ohira - From the East (in game ver.)

EG GT 1-2.png

*UPDATE SUGGESTIONS

Here I'll put any idea you guys have on how to improve the generator, since I don't have screens for everything I decided to put these here, everyone is welcome to post!
Upload events online by @Boxout. quote: They could even add up a feature to let us upload our events online, and then a place were anyone could browse and download events from other players, and play them/rate them.
Then every other week, or month if PD is busy, they can check out the most rated games, or the most played over the time, and make these events official in the game. Something similar to what GTA 5 does to user created jobs.

*UPDATE CREATE YOUR OWN CUSTOM EVENTS
here are some new screens that I will explain on another update, for now I'll leave the headlines to create your own events, I used Photoshop CS4 to create this, you can find a link to download the .psd files at the end of the post, there is also an alternative if you don't know how to use photoshop, so please read the points marked in BLUE.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

Event Created by @masterrugalm

GRAN TURISMO TOURING CAR MEETING

Street cars taken to the next level.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------​

COURSES
Single Race
Race 1: Circuit de Spa-Francorchamps / Normal / 5 Laps / Night / Sunny

Race 2: Special Stage Route 5 / Normal / 5 Laps / Night / Sunny

Race 3: Apricot Hill Raceway / Normal / 5 Laps / Night / Sunny

Race 4: Brands Hatch (GP) / Normal / 5 Laps / Night / Sunny

Race 5: Nurburgring (24h) / Normal / 2 Laps / Night / Rainy

*Course direction, laps, race time and weather are optional.

STARTING GRID

1. IS F Touring Car / 520 HP / 1.185 Kg / Racing Hard Tires
2. Challenger R/T Touring Car / 530 HP / 1.260 Kg / Racing Hard Tires
3. RX-7 Touring Car / 515 HP / 975 Kg / Racing Hard Tires
4. Camaro Z28 Touring Car / 515 HP / 10.85 Kg / Racing Hard Tires
5. Camaro SS Touring Car / 530 HP / 1.210 Kg / Racing Hard Tires
6. Skyline GT-R R32 Touring Car / 520 HP / 1.145 Kg / Racing Hard Tires
7. Silvia Spec R-AERO (S15) Touring Car / 515 HP / 1.000 Kg /Racing Hard Tires
8. Tuscan Speed 6 Touring Car / 515 HP / 885 Kg / Racing Hard Tires
9. Challenger SRT8 Touring Car / 530 HP / 1.285 Kg / Racing Hard Tires
10. Skyline GT-R R34 Toruing Car / 520 HP / 1.145 Kg / Racing Hard Tires

*Horsepower, Weight and Tires are optional.
*You can also use PP instead.

*If you don't know how to use photoshop or want to make things easier, simply post a background image and a song. Use as many songs as you like, but try to post the links as shown above.
*If you do use photoshop, I recommend applying a Gaussian Blur to the parts of the background that are behind the windows, turn off whatever you don't want to use (paint chips, for example.)
*Create custome logos for your events if you want.
*Course Selection and Car display are optional, take more dramatic shots of your cars if you want (the miniatures have a resolution of 493X275.)

DOWNLOAD AND CREDITS
LINK: https://www.dropbox.com/s/m5iesym1oo186s8/GeneratorUI_masterrugalm_GTplanet.rar

CREDITS:
Gran Turismo Course Logos are from the official Gran Turismo 6 homepage.

Gold Trophy render by LiFeSII from deviantART (I created a trophy myself but unfortunately i couldn't make it look good and it looked very cartoonish.)

Asia and Europe Flag Icons by antibakteriell from deviantART.

I got the US Icon from wikimedia, unfortunately it didn't said who was the creator, same goes for the TVR Logo.

PLEASE READ!!! I have a question, does anyone know if there is a way to change the comments order? because I want to put the comments with the events in the second post, third post and so on.

Last edited:
You are amazing sir. You should take Kaz's place, like now!! This makes me so excited, yet I feel so bad because I know PD would never listen and do this.

This is so sad, that us fans are giving ourselves such level of hype...

I love all of it - especially the individual car selection. It'd be even more cool if it could allow tuned cars and/or individual set ups (or set up ranges if you're ambitious) for your opponents, but just the body kit options are making me giddy...

One thing I'm seeing that could help streamline this feature is an auto-fill grid (basically incorporating the existing randomizer for standard grids), and then you could edit and adjust the opponents from there, rather than adding each individually.

This thing is awesome, and I hope PD can take a look at it somehow sometime - great work!

I would like to have the GT2 menu, garage,dealership , Racing HUD & GT6 would be better :)

But this is the best idea i seen on GTP O_o

Very well done. It is a shame that Polyphony is not able to do that.

They are not even able to duplicate the already existing online selection mode into arcade (or putting some AI cars into the online competiton).

This could be a new-generation arcade mode concept for a future GT6 update, but please, PD put every car in the game in arcade mode and give us a quick-tuning feature similar to GT4, but make us boost the power by 50% and make us drop the weight by 20%, and allow us to adjust our transmission settings further!!!

KAZ: *Looks at this thread. "Maybe in the future, who knows, maybe not, maybe yes, don't know how to implement this, I'll consider it. I have more important things to do for the game right now like go race in real life and sign partnership contracts that I have no idea how will help the game, but I think it might change the game and revolutionize the franchise in the near or far future. Damn... I'm so handsome and intelligent..."

Seriously, I don't know how complicated it would be or if it's possible at all, but considering PD would never do this, someone techy enough could maybe make this and put it in the game "unofficially."

I've been waiting for something like this.

A large part of what Gran Turismo means to me at least is the ability to create exciting races and to recreate the most intense races that happened in real life, so it's frustrating that a lot of scenarios aren't accessible to everyone. There hasn't been a race yet where you can race all of the SEMA winners, for example.

I'm not sure what they have to lose or what they're afraid of, because I see only benefits for adding such a feature to Gran Turismo.

Back