• Thread starter AJ
  • 756 comments

AJ

Premium
United Kingdom
UK [UTC+1]
GTP_AJ
GTP AJ
This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time.
alleventsicons.png

LM24post.png

Welcome to the 2014 GTPlanet 24 Heures du Mans!

In this event, teams of up to four drivers will compete (locally or remotely) over 24 hours.
Whilst this is a race against the clock, teams will need to demonstrate their; concentration, consistency, and team work, just to reach the checkered flag.

Entry is open to 4 classes;

LM P1-H for modern hybrid powered top class prototypes.

LM P1-L for modern top class prototypes.

LM GT-P for GT500, GT1, and extreme track cars.

LM GT-S for GTE, GT3 and GT4 cars.

The event will follow the same procedure as proven in the 2014 GTPlanet Bathurst 12 Hour, i.e. it will be run in a ‘Practice Lobby’.
This system allows drivers to hand over their car to the next driver over the network, rather than having to be in the same physical location.
In addition if a network failure occurs, it is not the end of that team’s race, they can rejoin once they have sorted their issue.

And remember, it always rains at Le Mans!

Contents

1 - Classification after 24 hours
2 - Classification after 24 hours by Driver
3 - Classification after 24 hours by Fastest Lap
4 - Classification after 24 hours by Driver Fastest Lap
5 - Classification after 24 hours by Team Stint Chart
6 - Fastest Lap Sequence
7 - Lap Compensation & Penalties
8 - Classification after 6 hours

1 - Classification after 24 hours

PC.png

2 - Classification after 24 hours by Driver

classification by driver.png

3 - Classification after 24 hours by Fastest Lap

PC by Fastest Lap.png

4 - Classification after 24 hours by Driver Fastest Lap

PC by Driver Fastest Lap.png

5 - Classification after 24 hours by Team Stint Chart

CCR.png

ORR.png

TRL.png

FIR.png

REST.png

TS5.png

M4R.png

GRE.png

LOT.png

TS4.png

SHR.png

IOU.png

6 - Fastest Lap Sequence

Fastest Lap  Sequence.png

7 - Lap Compensation & Penalties

Lap Comp & Pens.png

8 - Classification after 6 hours

Provisional Classification after 6 hours.png

Appendix

A - Entry List
B - Driver Stint Timetable
C - Garage Allocation
D - Practice Qualifying Results by Team
E - Practice Qualifying Results by Driver
F - Balance of Performance
G - Event Regulations & Procedures
H - Team Application Template
I - Calendar
J - Lobby Settings
K - Event Updates
L - FAQ

A - Entry List

Entry List.png

B - Driver Stint Timetable

Stint Timetable.png

C - Garage Allocation

Garages.png

D - Practice Qualifying Results by Team

PQ.png

E - Practice Qualifying Results by Driver

Practice Qualifying Results - Drivers.png

F - Balance of Performance

Balance of Performance.png

G - Event Regulations & Procedures

The Event
  • The Event starts at;
America
06:00 - PDT
06:00 - MST
07:00 - MDT
07:00 - CST
08:00 - CDT
08:00 - EST
09:00 - EDT

Europe
13:00 - UTC
14:00 - BST
15:00 - CEST

Ocarina
21:00 - AWST
22:30 - ACST
23:00 - AEST

• The Event will be run in Free Run to allow Driver changes to occur at any time.
  • The checkers flag will be waved once the ‘Lobby Total Time’ reaches 24h 10m 00s 000ss
  • Drivers may continue to race until they return to the finish line, at which point their race will be completed.
Teams
  • There is a maximum of 15 Teams.
  • Teams may consist of up to 4 Drivers.
  • Teams should have a name, and nominate a Team Manager (TM) to organise and run the team.
  • Team Managers do not need to also be a Driver, but may be.
  • Team members do not need to use the same PS3 as each other, but may do so.
Drivers
  • All drivers in a Team must drive the same model version of their Team’s car.
  • Drivers may have different set-ups.
  • Drivers may partake in as many or as few stints as they wish, for any period of time.
Cars
  • There is no car list, cars selected by Teams will be checked for balancing by the organisers before being confirmed.
  • Only 1 Team may use each model version of a particular car.
  • Where the is more than one model version of a particular car, Teams may use alternative versions or colours.
  • Tire choice is free.
Starting Procedure
Stints

DRIVER CHANGES - NETWORK TEAMS ONLY
1 - DRIVER 1 enters the Pits.
2 - DRIVER 1 dismisses Pit Stop Options menu.
3 - DRIVER 1 takes digital photograph of entire screen (or screen capture).
4 - DRIVER 1 leaves the Track and returns to the Lobby.
5 - DRIVER 1 leaves the Lobby.
6 - DRIVER 2 enters Lobby.
7 - DRIVER 2 selects his car and joins the track.
8 - DRIVER 2 takes digital photograph of entire screen (or screen capture).
9 - DRIVER 2 leaves the pits.

1 - DRIVER 2 enters the pits.

STINT PHOTOS - ALL TEAMS
1 - DRIVER X enters the Pits.
2 - DRIVER X dismisses Pit Stop Options menu.
3 - DRIVER X takes digital photograph of entire screen (or screen capture).
4 - Car is stationary for PIT STOP.
5 - DRIVER X leaves the pits.

1 - DRIVER X enters the pits.

Scoring
  • At the end of the Event total laps completed by each Car will determine finishing order.
  • Cars with the same number of laps will be ordered by track positions at the end of the Event.
H - Team Application Template

Team Name -
Team Manager -
Team Type - (solo/network/local)
Driver 1 -
Driver 2 -
Driver 3 -
Driver 4 -
First Choice Car -
Version/Colour/Number -
Second Choice Car -
Version/Colour/Number -

I - Calendar

25 MAY - automatic invitations sent
29 MAY - public event announcement
31 MAY - regulations published

01 JUN - reserve entry open
08 JUN - automatic entry deadline
28 JUN - entry submission deadline
28 JUN - Monterey Sports Car Championships Practice Event
28 JUN - 6 Hours of Silverstone Practice Event
29 JUN - 6 Hours of Spa Practice Event
05 JUL - 4 Hours of Red Bull Ring Spielberg Practice Event

06 JUL - balance of performance locked
07 JUL - competitor PSN friend request deadline

12 JUL - start of 2014 GTPlanet 24 Heures du Mans
13 JUL - finish of 2014 GTPlanet 24 Heures du Mans

J - Lobby Settings

Lobby Settings.png

K - Event Updates

9th June - top of Page 7
6th June - top of Page 5
4th June - middle of Page 2
18th June - bottom of Page 10
22nd June -middle of Page 11
25th June - middle of Page 12
27th June - middle of Page 12
28th June - top of Page 13
20th June - top of Page 13
1st July - middle of Page 13
2nd July - top of Page 14
3rd July - middle of Page 14
4th July - middle of Page 14
7th July - bottom of Page 14

L - FAQ

Can Drivers in a Team have different coloured and number Cars?

No. All Drivers in a Team must use the same coloured Car and display the same Racing Number.
This is order to ensure quick identification of Cars during the Event, and to maintain the logic that all Drivers are using the same car.

How should we take our Stint Photos?

You should take your 'Beginning of Stint' photo as soon as your car loads into the pit late.

s17-mamaghi-5-1-jpg.106802

You should take your 'End of Stint' photo as soon as you dismiss the Tyre/Fuel selection box.

s17-mamaghi-5-2-jpg.106804

This not only allows us to confirm your number of completed laps, we can also calculate total stint time and average lap. For example here @Mamaghi has completed 20 laps, in 41mins 15 seconds, with an average lap time of 2:03.750.

Please could drivers take an 'End of Stint' photo even if they are not handing over the car to the next Driver, as this will give us more data to publish and act as a back up if you disconnect from the lobby mid stint.

Last edited:
I would love to take part in this event. Unfortunately my work schedule does not allow me to have the weekends off. If i do use some PTO time and find a few drivers who will also take the same days off then maybe i can make an appearance. I'll try to stay in touch leading up to the event, ill give ya my two week notice if i can't make it haha.

Full details have now been published, however they are subject to change, for example;

1 - CCR wish to run a team of 4.
The thought behind limiting teams to 3 drivers was two fold. Firstly to mirror the actual event, and secondly to limit the maximum number of people taking part and therefore problems that may occur due to connection issues and multiple teams wishing to conduct driver changes at the same time. As CCR will be competing locally the latter will not be an issue. I'm also much more interested in creating a great sim race event than real world accuracy, so at the moment my thinking is local teams of 4 and network teams of 3. Perhaps we could add a driver competition based upon laps completed by an individual?

2 - Unsure if 'Free Run' allows slipstreaming.
We will need to do a group test to check this. There is no option in the settings for this nor Mechanical Damage, so we may have to revert to 'Practice Mode' as last time.

3 - Weather is TBD
As at the Bathurst event, the intention is to run 'real world' weather. Bathurst was easy, 'cos it surprisingly didn't rain, but Le Mans is Le Mans - its going to rain.

I look forward to your feedback, and thank you for the great response to date.

Free run does allow slipstream.

Why not real grip on track edge btw?

Do you know which version it uses, strong/weak/real?

Sorry, it should read TBD for grip reduction. I haven't tested it in full wet yet. Did you guys have changeable weather for the N24 event?

Sorry, it should read TBD for grip reduction. I haven't tested it in full wet yet. Did you guys have changeable weather for the N24 event?
It should definitely be on real grip.

Ehm sorry I misunderstood, thought we were talking about practise, not about free run. I've actually never run a free run room and seeing that there are no settings for slipstream there might not be any? Will have to test that.. At least which one, since someone else confirmed that it exists.

@Mini Stiggy - I agree with you in principle, I just don't want us to regret that decision at 3am in the wet with worn tyres.;)

@Phouchg - If not we can go back to 'Practice, Race', as that worked.

Oh yeah I forgot to answer, yes we had changeable weather, I think one of the later updates made rain a bit unreliable though. In the way that it changes very fast from one thing to the other. I haven't got very much experience with that but everyone keep talking about the wet weather glitch, so i'm guessing it's a thing.

The GT cars can be driven in the wet no problem. LMPs should be ok as well, we might see in the WEC race next weekend, but it should be ok, just have to use a setup that allows for wet weather. :)

Screen Shot 2014-06-01 at 21.40.34.png

No setup is going to change that, but using this system for the event will mean people can back out and change their setup. Or if a team is really smart, make a driver change to someone with a wet setup already loaded.

@Adventuruss - Sorry man. If this is an issue for a significant number of potential entrants we will look at moving the event.

Event Updates;

- Clarification that FF and 4WD entries are not permitted.
- Teams may enter more than one car, lobby space permitting.
- Clearer Entry List added.

Last edited:
View attachment 161277
timer

Welcome to the 2014 GTPlanet 24 Heures du Mans!

In this event, teams of up to three drivers will compete (locally or remotely), over 24 hours.
Whilst this is a race against the clock, teams will need to demonstrate their; concentration, consistency, and team work, just to reach the checkered flag.

Entry is open to 3 classes;

LM P1 - for modern and historic top class prototypes.

LM GT+ - for Super GT, GT1, GT2, and extreme track cars.

LM GT - for GT3 and GT4 cars,

The event will follow the same procedure as proven in the 2014 GTPlanet Bathurst 12 Hour, i.e. it will be run in a ‘Practice Lobby’.
This system allows drivers to hand over their car to the next driver over the network, rather than having to be in the same physical location.
In addition if a network failure occurs, it is not the end of that team’s race, they can rejoin once they have sorted their issue.

And remember, it always rains at Le Mans!

Event Regulations & Procedures

The Event

• The Event starts at 05:00 PST/07:00 CST/08:00 EST/13:00 UTC/21:00 AWST/23:00 AEST.
  • The Event will be run in Free Run to allow Driver changes to occur at any time.
  • The checkers flag will be waved once the ‘Lobby Total Time’ reaches 24h 00:00.000.Drivers may continue to race until they return to the finish line, at which point their race will be completed.
Teams
  • There is a maximum of 15 Teams.
  • Teams may consist of up to 3 Drivers.
  • Teams should have a name, and nominate a Team Manager (TM) to organise and run the team.
  • Team Managers do not need to also be a Driver, but may be.
  • Team members do not need to use the same PS3 as each other, but may do so.
Drivers
  • All drivers in a Team must drive the same model version of their Team’s car.
  • Drivers may have different set-ups.
  • Drivers may partake in as many or as few stints as they wish, for any period of time.
Cars
  • There is no car list, cars selected by Teams will be checked for balancing by the organisers before being confirmed.
  • Only 1 Team may use each model version of a particular car.
  • Where the is more than one model version of a particular car, Teams may use
  • alternative versions or colours.
  • Cars must not exceed a maximum of 650bhp, and a maximum of 750PP. (subject to adjustment).
  • Tire choice is free.
Stints
  • Starting Drivers (Driver A) should be nominated by their Team Manager before the start of the Event.
  • Network teams (i.e. not using the same ps3) will have to submit their timetable for driver stints before the event starts.
  • We will try to ensure that no other team is changing driver in the same 5 minute (ish) window.
  • When Driver A wishes to hand over his car to Driver B, he must enter the pits and take a digital photograph of his whole screen, in order to record duration and lap count.
  • Driver A should then leave the race and return to the lobby and leave the lobby.
  • Driver B may enter the lobby and then the race.
  • Before leaving the pits Driver B must take a digital photograph of his whole screen, in order to record his start time relative to total race time (not time of day).
Scoring
  • At the end of the Event total laps completed by each Car will determine finishing order.
  • Cars with the same number of laps will be ordered by track positions at the end of the Event.
Team Application Template

Team Name -
Team Manager -
Team Type - (solo/network/local)
Driver 1 -
Driver 2 -
Driver 3 -
First Choice Car -
Version/Colour/Number -
Second Choice Car -
Version/Colour/Number -

Entry List

15 teams have been sent advance invitations to this event.
Advance invitations expire at 23:00 UTC 8th June 2014.
After this time, any unclaimed entries will be offered to those teams on the Reserve List, on a first come first served basis.

View attachment 165694

Calendar

25 MAY - automatic invitations sent
29 MAY - public event announcement
31 MAY - regulations published

01 JUN - reserve entry open
08 JUN - automatic entry deadline
28 JUN - entry submission deadline
05 JUL - balance of performance locked
06 JUL - competitor PSN friend request deadline

12 JUL - start of 2014 GTPlanet 24 Heures du Mans
13 JUL - finish of 2014 GTPlanet 24 Heures du Mans

Lobby Settings

View attachment 165281

FAQ

How should we take our photos?

You should take your 'Beginning of Stint' photo as soon as your car loads into the pit late.

s17-mamaghi-5-1-jpg.106802

You should take your 'End of Stint' photo as soon as you dismiss the Tyre/Fuel selection box.

s17-mamaghi-5-2-jpg.106804

This not only allows us to confirm your number of completed laps, we can also calculate total stint time and average lap. For example here @Mamaghi has completed 20 laps, in 41mins 15 seconds, with an average lap time of 2:03.750.

Please could drivers take an 'End of Stint' photo even if they are not handing over the car to the next Driver, as this will give us more data to publish and act as a back up if you disconnect from the lobby mid stint.
Sorry if someone could clear this up. What time does the event start in the mountain time zone?

Team Name - SNAIL TEAM 2
Team Manager - Pichon617
Team Type - Network
Driver 1 -Pichon617
Driver 2 -Jakedog23
Driver 3 -Full89metal
First Choice Car -LMP 908 HDI FAP
Version/Colour/Number -Base Model/Plum Crazy/23

Team Name - SNAIL TEAM 2
Team Manager - Pichon617
Team Type - Network
Driver 1 -Pichon617
Driver 2 -Jakedog23
Driver 3 -Full89metal
First Choice Car -LMP 908 HDI FAP
Version/Colour/Number -Base Model/Plum Crazy/23
I thought I was TM?

Countdown timer at the top of the OP should be time zone independent once finished.

Ok you can handle practice schedule. I didn't know if the car tuning & practice was to much so I took it if you want you can handle that also.
Ok that makes sense I will take care of practice/tunes for the team.

@Jakedog23 - the manager title is just so the organisers have a single point of contact.

The 'countdown to green' should read 38 days 15 hours 42 minutes for everyone now regardless of time zone.

Back