24 minutes of le mans

Monkey_Tang
What car and tune did you guys use to beat this race?

I'm using the R18 and cannot for the life of me win this race. My lap times are around 3:45, I start with racing intermediates and pit after lap 3 to fuel up and switch to racing hards. Half of AI seems to pit after lap 1, and the other half after lap 3 with me, and ever split they just keep extending their lead on me.

Are my lap times really that bad? or is there an easier way to do this?

I haven't tried it yet and I don't know the starting wet %. But have you tried starting the race with racing wet? Pit after lap 2? Is the wet % 0 at 0 when you change to racing hard?

To be perfectly hontest: I haven't completed that one yet. I screwed up when I was going into the pits, and my car just drove though. That made me quit, since that was the death bell for that race, and I didnt have time to restart.

BUT! I used a pescarolo (the one with most PP), and started with RH tires. The AI is just a bit slower than you that way, so you will still gain ground, even though its very wet at the start. I grabbed the lead at lap 3, and by then it had started to dry up so I could pace up. At the end of lap 5 my tires was worn down to about 3, so I went to the pits. I did a mistake.. I though the auto drive would take over before the pit lane chicane, so I flew across the grass, and the AI drove me through the pits without stopping.

Note: I had over half a minute lead at the time of pit entry, so the Pescarolo is incredible for this.

I won with the Sauber C9. The R8 LMP was the lead car. Rain was off and on. I used IM tires at the start. Swtiched to RH at first pit stop, then to RM at last pitstop with 2 laps to go. The R8 pit with 35 seconds left and I took the lead from there with a Pescarolo 6 seconds behind me. The Pescarolo pit after the R8 and I won by 26 seconds.

The only change on my car was TC: 0, ABS: 1, FINAL DRIVE 3.27

Won with Sauber C9. Started with Intermediate tires. 697 PP. Went about 9/10ths being sure to be smooth and easy on the tires and smooth with the throttle. I'm pretty sure I only pitted once? Replaced with Racing Hards.

I crossed the line with a 15 second lead and pretty much on empty. 1st place AI pit twice I believe and that's how I was able to get the head start on the last lap. This was a tricky race.

I won it with the R18 AE with the top turbo by over a minute. Started of with racing softs while the track had 50% water. Those lasted until I needed fuel and went with RS again. I pitted again at the 3/4 mark for more fuel and RS. Fuel and tires burn out faster in the second half of the race when it dries out. The only thing that I changed was to move the brake bias forward.

Are the AI for you guys pitting differently? There's no way I'd be able to win by over a minute. I've just tried 4 times and the AI isn't even pitting after the first lap

Are the AI for you guys pitting differently? There's no way I'd be able to win by over a minute. I've just tried 4 times and the AI isn't even pitting after the first lap

I found that the first lap was the most dangerous. It doesn't matter if you finish the lap in dead last but you need to be close enough that you do get ahead of anyone who does pit. If you are running slow, the two last guys will slow down too. You don't want that. You want to keep them close to the pack. The Mulsanne straight is tricky because your car is slower than the other cars. You also have the excessive draft so anyone behind you will catch up and is fairly likely to rear end you. But, if you keep things close by the end of the lap most of the cars should pit. You then basically have pretty clean air for the rest of the race. The AI pits at least one more time than you do so you will end up passing the guys who don't pit on the first lap.

I just tried this one for the first time in the Bentley. My story:

Stupid AI! I was doing the 24 minutes of Le Mans. Last lap coming into Indianapolis. In first place. Pescarolo right behind me. Just need to hold him off until the finish line. I move off line and begin to brake. I expect him to keep to the inside and pass and I'll just take him back on the run up to the Porsche curves. NOPE! He moves over behind me and punts me off the course and takes off. I spin, correct, and then take off after him. Not enough time. Lose by 6 seconds. 🤬 AI...

What car and tune did you guys use to beat this race?

I'm using the R18 and cannot for the life of me win this race. My lap times are around 3:45, I start with racing intermediates and pit after lap 3 to fuel up and switch to racing hards. Half of AI seems to pit after lap 1, and the other half after lap 3 with me, and ever split they just keep extending their lead on me.

Are my lap times really that bad? or is there an easier way to do this?

I used the Peugeot 905 but I'm sure this tactic will be ok with any of the LMP cars.

Firstly I raised the ride height to maximum as I find Le Mans quite a bumpy track, reduce the aero both front and rear to minimum. My own preference is all aids off, no TC and ABS at 0, you choose what you prefer. The couple of times I ran this just to verify information before I post is the race will be 7 laps.
Purchase RS tyres and use those, besides faster lap times than RH, not having a rain tyre on the car while it's raining does sod all in GT6.
Make sure you pit at the end of the 3rd lap, reason - your first stint does not incorporate tyre wear, no idea why another cock up by PD.
Leave the fuel choice to your pit crew and return to the track with RS tyres again - faster lap times and all that. Your tyres will begin to wear now, so end of lap 5 you need to pit. Again leave fuel to pit crew and again put on the RS.

My opening lap was a 3.30 and near enough had 1st place by racing, alas they all pitted on lap 1 giving me 1st place anyway. By the time I was coming into the pits on lap 3 my lead was 1.25ish. Pitted again at lap 5 and lap 6 I lapped the old skool jag (i think it was that one). I finished in 1 st place, after 7 laps 26.02 and 2nd place was that far behind he never crossed the finish line before the game started to run the replay

Recap: Use RS tyres for the duration of the race, pit lap 3 then lap 5.

Hope this helps and good luck.

Just about to have a shot at this with my newly acquired 787b will report back in about half hour :)

Edit perhaps not I span on the first frickin corner, I wouldn't mind so much but I know the track like the back of my hand.

Last edited:
Just finished it myself so now I have a shiny new Audi Quattro :D, I wouldn't suggest using an FXX, I used a 787b and it was nip and tuck all the way through but I finished with about 10-15 seconds in hand at the end.

I used a 908, made it easy. On the last lap I had well over a minute lead and exiting the last chicane there was 45 seconds left on the clock before the 24 minutes was up - so I waited at the finish line then at 24 minutes I crossed the line, job done with still over 30 seconds lead!

Also did it with R18 AE, rs, 3laps, then rm, rs for last lap. Make sure on last pit stop you just put the gas you need or it will fill you up again and waste alot of time. about 25-30 lt per lap. I had BB 6-9...rear tires were in shreads and front were fine..so prob 6-5 or 5-5 BB should be best.

I used the Bentley Speed 8, started on RS tires (are inters or wets actually useful?) pitted at end of lap 3 (my tires didn't degrade for some bug reason) then put on RS, pitted end of lap 5, more RS and finished on them, more than a minute ahead of 2nd place.

Both Huyara and FXX are useless in this race. Pick Sauber C9 or Mazda 787, works great even without any tunning.

I haven't tried the S events yet but the 905 is planted and really quick on straights. Used it in iA's last championship with all aids off and took the lead in every race within a lap or two.

Toyota GT1 with the highest end turbo. All settings are stock besides completely turning down its aero settings. You can hit around 260mph drafting on the straights, and using the pit strategy of using RS, pitting laps 3 and 5, you should have a minute lead by the end, even if you spin once or twice like me.

Back