24 minutes of le mans

My result with GT-one, complete stock, RS tires
Oh, I'm not doubting that it's possible. I just am apparently too crappy a driver to pull it off. :)

Out of curiosity, though, what was your pit stop strategy? At the end of laps 3 and 6? (Also, I assume you had a total of 7 laps.)

I 🤬 did it! :D

jSbFjtT.jpg

The Peugeot 908 is a beast!

Ran with Simulation wheel setting (I swear it actually makes it easier to drive than the "easier" settings), TC3, ABS1... and SRF. Okay, sue me. :)

Used RS tires. Pitted at the end of lap 3 and lap 6. Nearly spun on lap 4 coming out of the pits when my tires were cold, but other than that, it was a basically incident-free race. Which I can't give entirely to the driver aids, since I had all of them on before and spun out completely multiple times. It's that freakin' Peugeot—it drives crazy good. (A fact I noticed on my "test track," the Red Bull Ring. It's the fastest non-X car I've tested there.)

PGtwc9C.jpg

The MINOLTA 88C-V was bearing down on me like crazy, so if I'd had another lap to go, it probably would've passed me. As it was, it passed me once (on lap 5?), but ended up in the pits, allowing me to re-take the lead.

The Pescarolo gave me a bit of trouble too, and I had to fight it for the lead on lap 6. After I passed it, about three seconds later the AI put it into a sand trap—I wanna say it was in the last of the Porsche curves, but I could be wrong.

One thing I noticed tonight that may have helped was that, if I don't mash the brakes all the way down at every braking zone (especially those on any sort of a curve), it actually significantly helps improve the car's stability under braking. Now, granted, as I said, the 908 drives really well to begin with, but it seemed to help both here and at the Spa/Raining seasonal going on right now.

Anyway, although the victory was cheapened by the SRF, I'm still glad to have it.

No way in hell I'm going to attempt the Nürburgring one, though. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
I 🤬 did it! :D

jSbFjtT.jpg

The Peugeot 908 is a beast!

Ran with Simulation wheel setting (I swear it actually makes it easier to drive than the "easier" settings), TC3, ABS1... and SRF. Okay, sue me. :)

Used RS tires. Pitted at the end of lap 3 and lap 6. Nearly spun on lap 4 coming out of the pits when my tires were cold, but other than that, it was a basically incident-free race. Which I can't give entirely to the driver aids, since I had all of them on before and spun out completely multiple times. It's that freakin' Peugeot—it drives crazy good. (A fact I noticed on my "test track," the Red Bull Ring. It's the fastest non-X car I've tested there.)

PGtwc9C.jpg

The MINOLTA 88C-V was bearing down on me like crazy, so if I'd had another lap to go, it probably would've passed me. As it was, it passed me once (on lap 5?), but ended up in the pits, allowing me to re-take the lead.

The Pescarolo gave me a bit of trouble too, and I had to fight it for the lead on lap 6. After I passed it, about three seconds later the AI put it into a sand trap—I wanna say it was in the last of the Porsche curves, but I could be wrong.

One thing I noticed tonight that may have helped was that, if I don't mash the brakes all the way down at every braking zone (especially those on any sort of a curve), it actually significantly helps improve the car's stability under braking. Now, granted, as I said, the 908 drives really well to begin with, but it seemed to help both here and at the Spa/Raining seasonal going on right now.

Anyway, although the victory was cheapened by the SRF, I'm still glad to have it.

No way in hell I'm going to attempt the Nürburgring one, though. :)

Bravo!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I just tried this one for the first time in the Bentley. My story:

Stupid AI! I was doing the 24 minutes of Le Mans. Last lap coming into Indianapolis. In first place. Pescarolo right behind me. Just need to hold him off until the finish line. I move off line and begin to brake. I expect him to keep to the inside and pass and I'll just take him back on the run up to the Porsche curves. NOPE! He moves over behind me and punts me off the course and takes off. I spin, correct, and then take off after him. Not enough time. Lose by 6 seconds. 🤬 AI...

Hey, sign up for the "screwed over by the Pescarolo" Club - I got this twice :P

This is a very, very easy win in a detuned Chaparral 2X. The battery is recharged during pit stops same as fuel would be. And it doesn't use tires at all since it is so light. You can add weight and limit the HP a touch to get to 750PP or limit the HP all the way down with minimal weight. Either way is about the same lap times.

how many laps to pit can the Chaparral 2X do?

ok, I've done about 10 test tries with the Chaparral - the car is GREAT, except... I'm being used as a pinball ball by the AI.

real driving simulator my ass.

Last edited:
The best fun is in the wet,going down a straight and block a faster car and if there's more cars behind they try to brake and turn,big tankslappers.I had so much fun on GT5 doing this in the 24HR,i even wrote down the huge crashes on the lap it happened only to realize there's no replay

Tried it with the new Mazda VGT. Easy win, only problem comes from the unstable braking. Pit at the end of lap 2 and 4, you should have just enough fuel to make it to the end of lap 7, and tires should never be an issue(never got below 8 for me).

Tried it with the new Mazda VGT. Easy win, only problem comes from the unstable braking. Pit at the end of lap 2 and 4, you should have just enough fuel to make it to the end of lap 7, and tires should never be an issue(never got below 8 for me).

You just answered my question!
What about the Toyota TS030?

You just answered my question!
What about the Toyota TS030?
The Toyota TS030 HYBRID can win it no problem. I love the TS030 as you can really hustle it through Porsche Curves.

When I use it I minimise downforce, use RS tyres and have top speed at 370kmh I think. You also only need to pit at the end of L4.

The Toyota TS030 HYBRID can win it no problem. I love the TS030 as you can really hustle it through Porsche Curves.

When I use it I minimise downforce, use RS tyres and have top speed at 370kmh I think. You also only need to pit at the end of L4.
This. I've set up my TS030 to run 3:25 laps with no aids at Le Mans, meaning that I crush the competition and only have to make 1 pitstop.

I used a detuned version of the chaparral vision gt car and dominated. I had to put at the end of each 2nd lap to keep my <Dr. Evil voice> laser full. But I came home with a victory. Things got really hairy in the rain though.

After the updates,i believe the TS 030 is harder ti win with,its handling is worse,although i didnt get enough of a drive to really do a big compasison

I used a detuned version of the chaparral vision gt car and dominated. I had to put at the end of each 2nd lap to keep my <Dr. Evil voice> laser full. But I came home with a victory. Things got really hairy in the rain though.

Concur 100%.

I wasn't having any luck with this race with any other car. Tried the Chappy Vision GT and won easily with 30+ seconds to spare.

Back