Spyker to unveil 911 competitor

Beeblebrox237

Two heads, no brains...
Premium
United Kingdom
Betelgeuse
Beeblebrox_237
Spyker CEO Victor Muller is planning to show a car at Geneva that "will surprise you." Apparently it will be in the same price bracket as the Porsche 911, which starts at $85,000. Source

So they're finally trying to actually make some money now eh?

Sounds like it. I love Spyker so I'm very excited about this. As you said, it should help them make money and continue to make even more awesome cars.

Looks good. I like the new front end

That's not what the car will look like, it's one of their existing models.

Can't wait to see it.The Aileron is probably the best car I've ever seen in real life,granted I don't see beautiful cars often :D

This could be very interesting. Especially if they bring some of the character, and that interior (:drool:) over from the C8.

analog
Sometimes reading an article can be helpful (or knowing their current line up), I doubt he'd call it a surprise if they'd already showed the model entirely.

Didn't have time I was already told that was a older model and i haven't looked at any Spyker since the C8 (so that is a new one for me too)

So yeah i can't wait to see the new one

Didn't have time

Yet you took the time to respond anyway? It's not as if the article was a huge wall of text, read it in a few seconds before spending another few seconds to write a short reply.
In that order, but maybe I'm odd.

analog
Yet you took the time to respond anyway? It's not as if the article was a huge wall of text, read it in a few seconds before spending another few seconds to write a short reply.
In that order, but maybe I'm odd.

Huuuummm attitude is nice...

Ok basically here is what I did. I opened the thread clicked link and looked at the picture of the white one. Saved link to my favorites on my phone replied that one made sure I was subscribed exited out of GTP to answer a business call.

Sorry it seems odd but i do that once in a while. Hints the reason. I said when someone told me it was a older model that is shown. Last Spyker I have seen was the one with the rounded headlights. Not the white one. So that one was new for me too. Also I now read the article. Don't assume that I am just acting illiterate for the sake of it. Thanks.

It is a shame that they didn't follow tradition and build them Spykers in Hilversum.
That's right. Spyker is a company from my hometown. :D But that was back in the early 1900's.

analog
My attitude? Just questioned your reasoning, nothing more.

Sorry just seems like I am always having to say who, what, when, where a lot here lately you didn't deserve that sorry bro

Yeah, it's going to get its face smashed in. There are so many options for the $80K-120K price range. Why would anyone go with a virtually unknown newbie?

It is a shame that they didn't follow tradition and build them Spykers in Hilversum.
That's right. Spyker is a company from my hometown. :D But that was back in the early 1900's.

Looks like Mel's habits are spreading onto other GTP members...

Sorry just seems like I am always having to say who, what, when, where a lot here lately you didn't deserve that sorry bro

It's okay, just be prepared when somebody asks who did what, when, where and why on a public forum. ;)

Yeah, it's going to get its face smashed in. There are so many options for the $80K-120K price range. Why would anyone go with a virtually unknown newbie?

It's hardly a newbie anymore and quite well-known considering the number of cars they actually built (and consistenly performed in Le Mans 24 hour races the last couple of years).
I'm betting there's still a niche to be filled in that price range, especially when they're able to offer something really different like they do with their other models (regardless of whether you actually like them) although to be profitable within these margins I'm curious how (and if) they'd manage that.

High ambitions were never an issue for Victor Muller, fulfilling them unfortunately are.

Looks like Mel's habits are spreading onto other GTP members...

You fled from Belgium. :P

I love Spykers. Hope the car will look a lot like the rest of their lineup, especially the interior.

0608_EC_09Z+Spyker_C8_Spyder+Interior_Dash.jpg

👍

Can't get much better than that.

Another reason why this could be a great move is the GT racing scene.
With a car in this price range, it's actually possible to make a GT3 spec race car.
This could help to make the brand a lot more popular.

If this does come to fruition, it will be a very nice move indeed.

I wonder what engine they'll be using. The very same 4.2l V8 from Audi would be overkill and expensive wouldn't it? There's also the supercharged 3.0 which superseded the V8 in many applications.

I'd love to see a naturally aspirated M-built straight-six in it, but that's just wishful thinking. It may be another option in the VAG lineup, I presume they'd be daft to let Spyker using their engines to build a serious competitor to one of their products, though the possibility of cross-shopping a 911 with something as flamboyant as a Spyker is something that's yet to be seen.

Another reason why this could be a great move is the GT racing scene.
With a car in this price range, it's actually possible to make a GT3 spec race car.
This could help to make the brand a lot more popular.
Hopefully, it's more successful than their last one, then.
images

I just hope they keep the quirkiness from their previous/current models.

Also a return to Le Mans would be nice but I don't think the company is in a position currently to field a race team.

I love Spykers. Hope the car will look a lot like the rest of their lineup, especially the interior.

I have to admit, I have always had a thing for Spykers; especially the interior. I mean, their better than any other car I can think of!

I've never been a fan of the brand myself, but as a gearhead I will at least keep my eyes open. Anyone going after a mainstay/great gets my attention, even if briefly.

I just hope they keep the quirkiness from their previous/current models.

Also a return to Le Mans would be nice but I don't think the company is in a position currently to field a race team.

As I recall their team was garbage anyway. Rebellion tried hard, but the car was just... bad.

I presume they'd be daft to let Spyker using their engines to build a serious competitor to one of their products

They seem to have no issue with that though.

teaser.jpg

Like you, I'm also wondering which engine they're going to use, my guess is a VAG-sourced V6 although there was a deal in the making with BMW for using their engines in future Saabs so Muller has some contacts there as well.

Back