Suggestions for the best ~2million credit car to buy?

SummitBalt08
I need a good car to do that last tournament of I-A to open up the tests to get S unlocked..

I know a few of the cars that I want to buy from GT5 but have read they drive differently in GT6.. and I definitely dont want to waste my credits on the wrong car.

I am not the best driver in GT6 but far from the worst. I would like a car thats relatively easy to drive but dont mind a car that fights a bit.

I usually use a controller but have a DFGT that I use every now and then.

I was sort of thinking the McLaren F1 Stealth model from what I have read from a few threads.. but looking for more ideas

Thoughts?

Thanks ahead of time

Last edited:
I'm in the same spot as you. Thinking of buying an LMP car so I have something to use for S class. Minolta, Sauber C9, 787B, R18, Deltawing, Speed8, Gt-One, R89C or R92CP. There are tons of them. Have a look in "Le Mans" in Recommended Cars to get a brief overview of the possibilites.
edit: Minolta was amazing in GT5 and I used it a lot, but it doesn't mean it's that great here. A lot of the MR cars are pretty difficult to control without proper tuning and skills.

I bought the McLaren F1 GTR 95 Kokusai Racing. I knew it would be hard to win that championship in international A but I had to have it! Came 2nd on the first race so upgraded engine and was first in all the other races, but it was still tough.

Get the Formula GT if you want to utterly destroy everything.

It's semi-premium too, only flaw is the steering wheel seems to be turned off.

Bought the Pescarolo and was disappointed. The interior is crappy and pixelated, along with the rest of the car (which looks as if it were from GT4). Gonna sell this one...

I'm quite fond of the Pescarolo C6 Hybride; at least I think that's the name of it. The interior isn't the best, but it's one of the better all around LMPs. Crank the downforce up and it'll corner just as good as a GT3.

The Mazda 787B looks incredible though, and the idle sound is just awesome. Wub wub wub wub wub wub. :bowdown:

The Mazda 787B looks incredible though, and the idle sound is just awesome. Wub wub wub wub wub wub. :bowdown:

The 787B Stealth is one of my favourite cars to go around in. However for things like the 24 minute races, the 905 is certainly a priority for me.

The Puegot LMP, stealth or base. Rocks in the S class races that allow race cars, and will easily handle the IA races as well.

I think the pagani zonda lm could be your best bet, leaves you some pocket money left over aswell! :D
Zonda's have been pretty good in the gt series, the lm car is just perfect!

EDIT: really though, I think the pure winning machine is the AMG Mercedes CLK-LM '98, 655pp ans 1.8mill.

Last edited:
The Sauber C9 is a great choice. While it is a bit over 2mil, u could get the extra money from one redbull standard race. The only problem is that miserable engine sound.

Here are my favourites in GT-6, guaranteed to give satisfaction. 1. 787B, non stealth, (I have the stealth also, but my fave is the green and orange beastie) 2. Peuogeot 905B, it's a toss-up between these first two cars actually. 3. Toyota Minolta TS020, Pescarolo C60 Hybride Judd, all tuned with Praiano's tunes. You can't go wrong and they all drive really nicely even for a Geezer. I'm pushing 72!! Yikes!! They can all win at Daytona also, although the Pescarolo is easiest win detuned to 691PP. It actually comes out stock at 691PP but if you turbocharge it, lookout!!

cheers, Pete

I need a good car to do that last tournament of I-A to open up the tests to get S unlocked..

I know a few of the cars that I want to buy from GT5 but have read they drive differently in GT6.. and I definitely dont want to waste my credits on the wrong car.

I am not the best driver in GT6 but far from the worst. I would like a car thats relatively easy to drive but dont mind a car that fights a bit.

I usually use a controller but have a DFGT that I use every now and then.

I was sort of thinking the McLaren F1 Stealth model from what I have read from a few threads.. but looking for more ideas

Thoughts?

Thanks ahead of time

I bougth the Peugeot 908 it's lovely to drive and has amazing handling even in stock configuration it leaves the field behind.

I would suggest the 787B stealth as well, very fine car to drive. The Minolta is so GT5 IMO, it's not even a premium car so I just ignore it.

Pagani Zonda R,
or the Deltawing. with the right tune, it's one of the most interesting to drive cars in the game.
Or Pagani Zonda

Pagani Zonda R,
or the Deltawing. with the right tune, it's one of the most interesting to drive cars in the game.
Or Pagani Zonda
I tuned my Zonda R, and it is a squirrely nightmare. Insanely difficult to drive. (Of course, it might have something to do with my lead foot and sheer incompetence)

I heard people say about the light car?

The Light Car Company Rocket '07 performs very well in a lot of career events but in a way it's also cheating (like not having to refuel in the super license series for events where you normally should). It's a free price car from getting Gold in the first Goodwood Hillclimb Festival of Speed.

The Light Car Company Rocket '07 performs very well in a lot of career events but in a way it's also cheating (like not having to refuel in the super license series for events where you normally should). It's a free price car from getting Gold in the first Goodwood Hillclimb Festival of Speed.
Exactly what I heard about it :)

I only recently unlocked the LCC Rocket myself but I would really suggest to first try the super license series with a 'normal' car. It's so much more fun when you really need to pay attention to fuel and tire wear as the events supposed to be. And the events are really not that hard, most of the time you can win first try and if not, based on the experience from your first attempt you will easily find out what a working tire & pit strategy is. I think for most super licence series I used either the Mazda 787B Stealth Model, the Nissan GT-R R34 Touring Car, the free Mercedes Vision GT or some cheaper cars.

The Audi R8 LMS ultra is a great handling car, and has a lot of power. And in the Phoenix livery, it looks awesome.
The SLS AMG GT3 is pretty good as well.
For higher PP races like 24 minuts of Le Mans, I use the Mazda LM55 because it's bearely below the PP limit at 710, and I got it FREE in the seasonal events section.

Back