Best car to use for IA GT World Championship

• Thread starter dr3w
  • 25 comments
Australia
NSW
dr3w_sw
Hey guys, what car do you use for the GT World Championship? I upgraded my FXX to around 650 PP, it was really fast but I'm not sure if it can keep up with those LMPs. Should I use the LMPs also?

The best trick is to stay calm, it might look like your never gonna catch up, but attack corners and try to draft the straights. AI is horrid at braking and cornering so you can shave catch up time. 5 lap race, you start off 10 seconds behind, you can shave one second off every 5 or so corners, boom first place with 2 seconds ahead. The IA GT will always be come from behind wins to the last wire, or it was for me. I used the GTR motorsport because I push my cars a lot and somehow the GTR finds more grip than other LMP cars. FXX is good, but all that power you have to be careful.

The best trick is to stay calm, it might look like your never gonna catch up, but attack corners and try to draft the straights. AI is horrid at braking and cornering so you can shave catch up time. 5 lap race, you start off 10 seconds behind, you can shave one second off every 5 or so corners, boom first place with 2 seconds ahead. The IA GT will always be come from behind wins to the last wire, or it was for me. I used the GTR motorsport because I push my cars a lot and somehow the GTR finds more grip than other LMP cars. FXX is good, but all that power you have to be careful.

The GTR Motorsport, did you upgrade the power? The GTR would be easier to control than the FXX maybe I should try that again later, Mount Panorama track is nightmare to overtake cars

GTR Race Car.

Easy to drive with aids off and quick through the corners. A bit slow on the striaghts but that is why you draft.

Isn't the PP limit for this one 750? If it is, buy a Minolta Toyota 88C-V. Even adding a high-rev turbo only takes it up to 719 PP. Amazing speed, amazing handling, and cheaper than an FXX.

I used the 1988 Jaguar XJR 9, though all the other cars at the front were LMP / Group C cars too I smoked them. The AI doesn't know how to drive these things fast enough to compete if you're driving one too, in typical Gran Turismo fashion that Toyota Minolta rocketship was upfront.

Used the 787b and found it pretty easy, i'm ashamed to say i used setting 2 on TC but as a DS3 user these cars are a nightmare to avoid spinning especially around the ring.

Also after spending 2 million on the mazda i did not fancy grinding until i had enough money to buy another car up to the job for this championship.

Now onwards to the super events :)

I used the Corvette ZR1 (C6) LM Race Car, it only costs 385000. Slap a supercharger and stage 3 engine tuning and it's good for 991bhp. won the championship, although not every race.

Red Bull Jr. also works good. Turns it into a one-make race, though, and the computer's easy to blow past.

When checking the type of opponents and saw LMP1 cars, I got excited and brought my Bentley Speed 8 to the fight. Got bitterly disappointed when I saw how much of an easy win it was. A good GT3 car with a bit of tuning and setup will do it very well.

I used a fully mod'd Toyota 7. It is a good buy considering it can also easily win you a few other championships, including like the wind. Just have to go into settings and turn down the power limiter a little bit so it fits in under the PP requirement.

Audi R18 TDI! I used the Anniversary one so didn't pay for it but with proper settings this car became my favorite and I am in the lead with 20-30 seconds from the second!

i finished it with Chevrolet Corvette Z06 (C6) RM. It's a cheap car with a high PP compared to similar performance car. In fact, I won most gold on S class events with it. If you tune the car with the right settings the handling is pretty awesome as well.

Toyota MINOLTA 88C-V '89. It's perfect for the IA Dream Car Championship, the GT World Championship, Spa-Francorchamps, and 24 Minutes of Le Mans in Super. For the 650PP events that allow race cars, use the Mazda 787B.

Sauber Mercedes C9 '89: Easy wins at Mount Panorama, Laguna Seca, and Silverstone. Placed third at Spa and fourth at Nurburgring (but only because I spun out at least five times).
Got an overall first place in championship!

It has blistering speed and sharp handling, just remember to leave the traction control on!

You also can do it in a GT3 car such as the Nissan GT-R NISMO GT3, but it's difficult.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
The Audi TDI R18 has to be one of the best handling cars I've tried so far. It's fast and very nimble after a tuning...especially after driving the GT-R for awhile, which is hard to handle and you just can't see the track from the cockpit, although I still use it for the challenge.

DrDetroit

I know that it's a necro-bump, but I'll bite...

The Audi TDI R18 has to be one of the best handling cars I've tried so far.
I'm surprised. My personal experience with the Audi 'Ero' was that whilst it indeed cornered well, it had poor traction out of the corners, and that comes down to it being a turbo diesel with difficult to control torque levels.

With that said, the traction is still better on the R18 than on the Audi R10 from my experiences driving that on GT5, and I did manage to win all five races of the GT World Championship with it in stock trim, despite making some errors at Spa and Silverstone because I overestimated the low speed traction or lack thereof.

So it can definitely get the job done, but I'd only recommend it for this series if you're experienced at racing games and want to make the races relatively close. Otherwise I'd look for an LMP racer with more horsepower and less torque. Most of the LMP's dated '05 or earlier fit the bill, whilst the TS030 is alright too...

Hey guys, what car do you use for the GT World Championship? I upgraded my FXX to around 650 PP, it was really fast but I'm not sure if it can keep up with those LMPs. Should I use the LMPs also?

Yo I was on here a little bit ago freaking out because I didn't think I could win either and didn't have a million to blow on a car. So I just tried my nissan gtr black edition, it's fully upgraded, 4 wheel drive and like 1120 hp. I just tuned my transmission to the length of the track and boom. Came in 6th in the 1st race, 5th in the last, and won the rest. And now I'm watching the credits. I've actually had enough time to come back to this page, register an account, reply to this post and it's still not done. I recommend not doing the championship at all haha. I'm gonna go hang myself now

Latest Posts

Back