Which is the best GT so far? Time to make a poll. --- GT4 still in the lead.

• Thread starter Monatsende
  • 484 comments

Which Gran Turismo is the best (considering its launch date)?

• Gran Turismo (PSOne)

• Gran Turismo 2 (PSOne)

• Gran Turismo 3 (PS2)

• Gran Turismo 4 (PS2)

• Gran Turismo 5 (PS3)

• Gran Turismo 6 (PS3)

• Gran Turismo (PSP)

• Gran Turismo 7 (PS4)

• Gran Turismo Sport (PS4)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Trinidad and Tobago
F1 chimp land
AnotherStory
So here you can vote for your all time Gran Turismo hero.

This vote is not about graphics etc. Of course GT6`s graphics are better than GT2`s...

• Please vote on the basis of the time each GT was launched.
  • Please vote on the basis of the game`s gameplay/fun factor.
  • Please vote on the basis of the game`s technical standard (considering its launch date).
  • [Enter your own reason in thread]
You have one vote. So think before you vote!
You have two votes. And you can change your vote. But still think before you vote! :)

Launch dates (may differ, Europe/Japan/US):

Gran Turismo 1: 1998 (PSOne)
Gran Turismo 2: 1999 (PSOne)
Gran Turismo 3: 2001 (PS2)
Gran Turismo 4: 2005 (PS2)
Gran Turismo 5: 2010 (PS3)
Gran Turismo 6: 2013 (PS3)
Gran Turismo: 2009 (PSP)

I did not include versions listed below to make poll neat and clean:

Gran Turismo Concept 2001 Tokyo: 2001 (PS2)
Gran Turismo Concept 2002 Tokyo-Geneva: 2002 (PS2)
Gran Turismo Concept 2002 Tokyo-Seoul: 2002 (PS2)
Gran Turismo 4: Prologue: 2004 (PS2)
Gran Turismo 4: Prius Edition: 2004 (PS2)
Gran Turismo 4: BMW 1 Series Virtual Drive Dealership: 2004 (PS2)
Gran Turismo HD Concept: 2006 (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue: Spec-I: 2007 (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue: Spec-II: 2008 (PS3)
Gran Turismo 5: Prologue Platinum: 2009 (PS3)

Last edited:
I would say considering the time it came out GT4 was the best. From a single player pov it had tons of content and kept me playing for a very long time.

GT6 on the other hand is the best overall and will get better over the coming months.

I voted for GT4. yet I am enjoying GT6 more than any other so far.

For me it's still Gran Turismo 2. The sheer amount of race mods, events, and the fluent controls are enough to earn the title of best GT game to me. However I cannot deny that the rest of the series is amazing as well. The only game I wasn't so into was Gran Turismo 4, because to me the physics felt very off, especially rallying. It might have been because I was using a controller and maybe I should have bought a wheel, but nonetheless I didn't enjoy GT4 as much as the others. I'm not saying it's a bad game overall, but it's probably my least favorite GT game.

Newest is always best as long as physics and realism are the core values, not flash and bling. I do miss Complex String from GT3, what an amazing test track that would have been. Also the drifting the last long unwinding right hander :)

Hope GT6 gets better with more car additions and features. Club race car conversions ala GT2 would be amazing.

Also since GT4 this series has had the most realistic version of the Ring of any game period, sim or otherwise. Thats a huge marketing point, that alone makes the worth the money.

1 and 2 for the soundtrack
2 and 4 for the content
6 for the graphics and physics
PSP for the fun. I must have logged more hours on my PSP than any other GT itereation combined probably.

All in all GT got better but it lost some of its atmosphere it's less racer more coffee shop these days and that I don't care for one bit.

Last edited:
I’ve had them all, but 1, 3 and 5P are my favourite titles.

One because it was the 1st, and it blew me away when I 1st played it.

Three because it was, IMO, the best and most complete title in relation to expectations.

However, although 5P was light on content, it had the 3 most important features for me…

1. It had the best physics engine of any GT title to date. Maybe the GT5 Academy Demo slightly topped it, but with only 2 cars to try and 1 track it’s hard to be definitive.

2. I made loads of new friends here on GTP, some I’ve subsequently met in person and some I chat to on a daily/weekly basis many years later.

3. The on-line was awesome. Having 2 events, with a GTPlanet start time meant you could just log on and be in a race in moments. Coupled with the physics, this made the racing absolutely the best I have ever experienced.

GTPSP taught me just about everything, GT4 was the most consistent game in the series, GT6 overall feels like GT4 all over again, has the best track lineup so far in the world and original category regardless of being missing infineon and El Capitan. City tracks are still lacking a bit in GT6.

Torn between GT6 and GT4.

I actually thought PSP's was the best. You basically made your own races with the cars you chose, and best of all: you got paid large credits for doing so. This made grinding for credits much less tedious than in GT5 or 6 - you got paid to test out new cars. And of course I could take it on the go. ;)

GT3 for me, but being bias as haven't played 1 and 2 or 6. Nothing against this poll, but I think we should have waited for the newness(that even a word) to wear off.

Only reason I say that is makes me think of GTA V lots of folks had already claimed best over SA, but once the initial hype/newness wore off got to see it for what it actually was.

I actually thought PSP's was the best. You basically made your own races with the cars you chose, and best of all: you got paid large credits for doing so. This made grinding for credits much less tedious than in GT5 or 6. And of course I could take it on the go. ;)
Like I said before in a different thread: this would be the ideal arcade mode.

GT3 by a huge margin. Best career mode, great prize cars, epic soundtrack, at it's time it had a great car lineup, Formula 1 cars, all rims available to all cars, best rally events and tracks of the series... quite simply the best GT 👍

Played all titles, but for me Gt2 was best for tracks, cars and fun factor, game was on 2 discs 1 for arcade and 1 for career, loads of challenges on both ( yep even arcade, plenty of stuff to achieve to make you play through it!) physic's were the best on this till gt5 came out ..

I bought the ps2 with gt3, and it was nothing but a kick in the teeth for me, i'll never forget driving trial mountain and coming out of the tunnel on the straight the first time, seeing the light streaming through the trees and thinking "wow, these are the best graphic's I've ever seen" ( it was a long time ago lol ! ) but the cars handles like a turd, even with all aids turned off! what a waste of money.. I then plugged the ps1 back in and returned to gt2..

it is a bit early to have this poll as I'm sure gt6 will be the best yet, just look at Gt5 when it came out compared to how it is now ( fully up dated ) there two different games..

GT4 was great, but long before it was released we were teased with suggestions it would include online functionality, or an add on later. Living in an age of online gaming gives GT6 the edge. Both build and improve upon their respective systems predecessor titles, coming late in their consoles cycle. It is hard to pick a winner between them.

Back