Please let us paint the R8 Gordini! (and other un-paintable cars)

Brazil
São Paulo / Bra
diegorborges82
Ok, maybe I'm getting a bit too much attention creating a thread only for this but I love this little car and why we are not able to paint it? Blue only is so sad... it looks beautiful in other colors... Dear Polyphony Digital, please let us paint the Gordini! :) And others that we're not able to change color (if possible). Thanks!

Renault%20Gordini%20R8%20(10).jpg

6073799419_068b1eaa7b_o.jpg

I really hate that some of the cars cannot be painted... Are those american muscle cars (Plymouths) paintable in this game? Cause some weren't paintable in GT5 if I can remember. But same goes for changing rims on some cars... It's just a fail from the game, don't you think?

I really hate that some of the cars cannot be painted... Are those american muscle cars (Plymouths) paintable in this game? Cause some weren't paintable in GT5 if I can remember. But same goes for changing rims on some cars... It's just a fail from the game, don't you think?

I heard some cars now are paintable in GT6 (they were not in GT5), like the Chevelle and DeLorean.

I have to test this, same goes for painting some rims (like the Maserati's rims) Maybe they made the same mistake, which leads to the glitch so the rims can be painted, Ill try it later tonight, post some outcome here...!

I tested the list (except the race cars - cause they wont be paintable anyway...I guess)

Of the cars which weren't paintable in GT5, these are now paintable in GT6:
- Chevrolet Camaro SS '69
- Chevrolet Chevelle SS '70
- Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) '54
- Citroen 2CV '54
- Citroen Xsara VTR '03
- Honda Element '03
- Nismo Skyline GT-R S-tune (R32) '00

Car which are still unpaintable:
- Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09
- SRT Viper GTS '99
- Mazda Furai '08
- Nismo 400R '96
- Mugen S2000 '00
- Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71

Also tested and unpaintable:
- Mario Andretti's Hudson
- Renault R8 Gordini

Copy the list in your OP if you like and fill it with more finds of all people.
Maybe you want to call it cars which are unpaintable in GT6. do with it what you like. If you need more tests, I can test em np.

BTW I also tested (in ver 1.02) to paint the Maserati's wheels via the old GT5 glitch, but It does not work. Merely because the settings cannot be named anymore... :(

Last edited:
Ugh... another random and stupid choice from PD. Why can't you paint it? What is the rationale behind this decision?

We all don't know the answer to the question (probablyto do with license...), and most people who visit this thread, hate it also... But it's Always handy to have a list on unpaintable cars :)

I heard some cars now are paintable in GT6 (they were not in GT5), like the Chevelle and DeLorean.
The flip side of that is cars that were able to switch wheels in GT5 cannot do so in GT6 now. Not like swapping rims is a good idea until the skinny wheel bug is squashed at least.

I tested the list (except the race cars - cause they wont be paintable anyway...I guess)

Of the cars which weren't paintable in GT5, these are now paintable in GT6:
- Chevrolet Camaro SS '69
- Chevrolet Chevelle SS '70
- Chevrolet Corvette Convertible (C1) '54
- Citroen 2CV '54
- Citroen Xsara VTR '03
- Honda Element '03
- Nismo Skyline GT-R S-tune (R32) '00

Car which are still unpaintable:
- Audi R8 LMS Race Car '09
- SRT Viper GTS '99
- Mazda Furai '08
- Nismo 400R '96
- Mugen S2000 '00
- Plymouth Cuda 440 Six Pack '71

Also tested and unpaintable:
- Mario Andretti's Hudson
- Renault R8 Gordini

Copy the list in your OP if you like and fill it with more finds of all people.
Maybe you want to call it cars which are unpaintable in GT6. do with it what you like. If you need more tests, I can test em np.

BTW I also tested (in ver 1.02) to paint the Maserati's wheels via the old GT5 glitch, but It does not work. Merely because the settings cannot be named anymore... :(

This car is actually paintable in GT5. I painted mine with pink. :lol:

What is even more aggravating about this car is the camber being locked at 0 in the front and 2.0 in the rear (even with the custom suspension). having 0 camber front and back would be much better if they have to lock it. Its a great little car but with the camber the way it is it's utter garbage on the street tires I prefer to use.

Last edited:
Hi guys, thanks for your contribution! I may change the thread name later and put the list on OT. (at phone right now)

Strange that they would choose to make the DMC paintable since it never came in any other color than stainless steel from the factory. And really, they were quite difficult to paint for those who did.

Why this and not the IROC concept of many others. Kaz what are you drinking?

Last edited:
Back