"disconnected from the lobby server"

• Thread starter MC-Chase
  • 30 comments
United Kingdom
United Kingdom
MC-Chase
I can't believe I'm posting a question about a connection issue that existed in the previous game around two years ago.

That's right; this "You have been disconnected from the lobby server" error is still haunting me on GT6. My connection is run through an ethernet cable and very stable - I never have problems with signing out of PSN, I only get issues with being booted from online races with this error message. Is anyone else getting this? Is there a fix (don't say clearing the cache please)? Is there a planned stability update in a future patch?

Thanks in advance,

Chase.

Clear your cache. Just kidding. I don't think that helps either. Try the links below. I read an article online somewhere where this helped some people out. Not sure if will help you or not. Worth checking your setting out though.

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/manual/#!/onlinerace/howtorace

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/manual/#!/onlinerace/connection

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/manual/#!/onlinerace/upnp

http://www.gran-turismo.com/us/gt6/manual/#!/onlinerace/portfowarding

That's great 👍. Thanks for those links I'm going to check them out now, who knows, you might have saved me a few rage moments!

That's great 👍. Thanks for those links I'm going to check them out now, who knows, you might have saved me a few rage moments!
Hope you figure it out. If you do let me know. I have a few people in our club that get disconnects.

While in gt6 I get constant disconnects from the actual psn network....Can play games like battlefield all day with out a single network error.

Same thing goes for me.. NAT type 3, and im on wifi. However, a fixed the issue. I tried to search the issue on youtube and its kind of complicated cause im not that "Techie" guy, the way they fixed the issue.
I just tried hooking up the ethernet and and run it from there.
I restarted both modem and ps3.
Did a test connection and it will show NAT type 2, Disconnect the cable and tried wifi again.

NAT type 3 won't let you into many races and wifi is generally rather unstable for online racing. You need to be NAT type 1 or 2 preferably.

The GT6 servers have been unstable since 6pm GMT, I was getting disconnected constantly. I cleared my cache, reset my router, port forwarded my router and switched to a wired connection and was STILL getting disconnected. All seems well now...

There is an ongoing support log about this issue that @Jordan has been battling with for a number of days now but rest assured it'll be fixed. This site is one of the most reliable and best that I've ever used.

The Support thread is > here <

There is an ongoing support log about this issue that @Jordan has been battling with for a number of days now but rest assured it'll be fixed. This site is one of the most reliable and best that I've ever used.

The Support thread is > here <
Just to be clear, the issue I've been commenting on there pertain only to GTPlanet's server which hosts this website.

I'm not involved with the infrastructure of PSN or the Gran Turismo game servers, and the problems are not related.

@Jordan, my apologies I read this thread incorrectly and as you say, it's not the same issue

Last edited:
I should have watched this thread, didn't see all these replies 0_o! Can't help you there Sunnyb255 or V4.SKUNK, my issue appears to be different from yours.

I haven't played much in the last couple of days but similarly I haven't been disconnected yet. So hopefully PD have sorted this issue out, hopefully. I have a few races going on this week so I'll report back with stability results.

Yeah I've gotten that message a LOT - much more frequently than GT5 - even when It's just me, in a room I've created to do some hot-lapping.

Disconnections are extremely rare during all the other online games I play, so I'm not going to bother messing around opening router ports etc. Things are fine on my end, and hopefully PD can sort things out asap, till then Gt6 online is too frustrating to bother with for me.

I just wanted to say that I never heard that clearing the cache would cut down on getting disconnected from the lobby (or psn). (Though maybe that's something people assume that's what's meant. And maybe it does effect it, I don't know, but that's not what I understood.)

I think it's supposed to cut down on lag starts, black screens, and track loads getting stuck & freezing the lobby while loading a track.

When I say "lag starts" - I don't mean when someone "is lagging" - like because someone else is streaming video in their household or something, and they go bouncing around & up in the air and all sorts of things. This might be more noticeable at the start of a race, for various reasons, but they generally continue to lag through the race if they're lagging.

Lag starts is a different phenomenon.
It's where people are not synched up at the start, so sometimes either someone gets left on the gird, or rear ends the car in front of them because they go shooting off the line after a pause.
Sometimes this involves black screen, but not always.

Anyway, that's what I understood it was for... something to do with your loading the tracks.

Some people seem to think it could be helpful with "invisible car" problem - where sometimes people can't see each other on track. Maybe that's true, and it couldn't hurt. But in that case, it seems just rejoining the lobby is what can help with that.

I honestly didn't know clearing the cache helped for those things? I only ever heard it being suggested for stopping disconnects, which, well, it doesn't help with at all :P. I'll probably go clear it now though, seems like it will help in lots of other ways though!

There's no proof it helps definitely with anything, I guess. :indiff:

But it makes more sense that it would help with synching up when loading the track to start a race... because that's what I heard the cache is saving - track information. ?
What else would it save I suppose?

But one thing there is evidence for is that many people have mentioned having better odds at having a problem free room if everyone clears their cache directly before joining the lobby. Everyone I know who's had league racing since I started league racing says that... so there must be someone it's helping.

Personally I recommend rebooting the ps3 & the game before entering an organized race. Especially if you'd been using other programs on the ps3 since booting up.

But of course I think that really, it probably helps some people and not others.
I think some people have more of certain problems than others, for various reasons.

Example - someone on a wireless connection is going to have more chance of lag problems & disconnects. It just makes sense. Maybe they won't have lag problems if they have a very strong internet and nobody else in the house is using it. But they'll definitely have more problems with lags & disconnects especially if their internet is not the greatest AND others in the house are using the internet while they're racing. And if someone streams video while they're racing - they will lag like nuts!

Another example... I wonder if people running their ps3s at a higher disk usage capacity probably benefit from clearing the cache especially?? It would make sense, from what I understand about how computers technically work.

Frankly, I think, if you have problems it could be any number of things. From the connections inside your house, to the lines to the hubs in your region, to the PSN servers & not being compatible somehow with another person connecting to the lobby. So many places on your own equipment, along miles of lines, & on game servers, where something can go wrong. :rolleyes:

@MC-Chase - Did you used to have the music on in GT5? If so, did you try turning it all off? Having User BGM used to cause disconnects in GT5, I'm guessing that the same bug may have been carried over into GT6. I have all music turned off.

VBR
@MC-Chase - Did you used to have the music on in GT5? If so, did you try turning it all off? Having User BGM used to cause disconnects in GT5, I'm guessing that the same bug may have been carried over into GT6. I have all music turned off.

Yeah I heard about this one ... always have BGM off =/, well except for replays, but I doubt very much that matters.

Try deleting the GT6 game data and then re-downloading it. I had a hard time even getting into the server browser, much less getting into a lobby so I deleted the game data and it's working. For now.

Try deleting the GT6 game data and then re-downloading it. I had a hard time even getting into the server browser, much less getting into a lobby so I deleted the game data and it's working. For now.

Don't think it's that, and to be honest I'm hesitent to do it because of that huge re-download I'm faced with afterwards. From what I have gathered so far this seems to be PD's end, though I haven't suffered from any disconnects recently so fingers crossed I guess!

I have tried something for the last few lobbies I have opened. Race quality to standard and chat quality to standard. Used to run them both at High. Had some people get disconnected, some mics stop working, and some cars lagging when you get to about 8-10 in the room. Since experimenting with this there have been no disconnects, mics are all working, and I can not tell any difference in race quality. Might just be me, but will keep running this way to get several races completed to see if it is making a difference or was just coincidental (did I spell that right?).

I have tried something for the last few lobbies I have opened. Race quality to standard and chat quality to standard. Used to run them both at High. Had some people get disconnected, some mics stop working, and some cars lagging when you get to about 8-10 in the room. Since experimenting with this there have been no disconnects, mics are all working, and I can not tell any difference in race quality. Might just be me, but will keep running this way to get several races completed to see if it is making a difference or was just coincidental (did I spell that right?).

Hey Ynot,

I have to say that since 1.03 I've actually been pretty stable. Haven't got any disconnects at all - I figured PD got round to sorting the servers? My lobbies always used 'Standard' on both mic chat and race quality so i'm not sure if that was the reason ... for me at least!

I read an article somewhere about how these online lobbies work. It's quite amazing that they work at all. Syncing everyone around the globe with different ISP's, network equipment, connection speeds, etc, and we all race together in real time has to be a challange. I am in Texas and race with people in Australia, Canada, and all over the U.S. and for the most part it works. The time it takes to send a receive data is different from the U.S. drivers and the Australian drivers and again, it works most of the time. Pretty cool.

There was some kind of episode yesterday. I was supposed to host a race and couldn't create a room. Occasionally the room would load but after a minute or two it would crash. Eventually the room stayed open with other people in it but I couldn't stay in for more than a couple minutes. Tried for an hour and a half, even had the cable company send a refresh signal to my modem, no luck. Others had the same issues around the same time. Then today, everything is fine and I did hours of racing with no DC's.

Yeah some lobbies get screwed up after a time. I went into a lobby yesterday where we couldn't even drive, the AI did all the racing for us in our cars! It was pretty funny and insane, didn't even know the AI was present in the online portion of the game, apart from the cruising AI.

Dec '14. Am back on GT6 after 9 months or so, rejoining old mates. This disconnection problem is worse than ever.

Invisible cars, 1671 incompatible connection (which is balls), and of course getting booted mid race ad infinitum.

Is there any advice/wisdom developed since Jan?

Are there alogarithms at work which benefit regular players or somesuch?

PD, if you want me to buy GT7 you'll need to correct this.

Back