3 years later, I Platinumed GT5 with a DS3

• Thread starter stpatty
  • 22 comments
Scotland
Scotland
stpatty
I finished it at the weekend. Last Vettel challenge at Suzuka on Saturday night, the final race to push my A-Spec points over the edge was a treat, 4 Hours of Nurburging in an ISF RM.

If you're still trying to finish the game and you don't have a wheel, it can be done. I know the game is past now and this forum doesn't seem as popular now that GT6 is out (and now I can finally play it, yay), but there must be some people still trying to do it. Plus, what is an achievement like this if I can't brag about it to people who'll appreciate it? ;)

(Nurburgring)

(Monza)

(Suzuka)

So yeah, enjoy. My controller now has dents in the bit of plastic that surrounds the left analogue stick from steering so hard.

Congraz!

Those Vettel challenges weren't easy.

I still need A-spec lvl 40, B-spec career to max and about 300 cars for platinum. With a DS3.

Very impressed, I still have a few of the AMG trials, one Seb Loeb, all 3 Seb Vettel and a couple of the Grand Tour left, just don't think I can finish it sigh

Sadly, I don't think I could bring myself to eject GT6 just to put in GT5. That's like going from GT2 to GT1. Wouldn't do it then, won't do it now. But congrats, that is quite an accomplishment.

The one thing I'll say to anyone struggling with anything, is that it is possible. That's the only thing that kept me sane as I was finishing the things I still had to gold. I thought some of the other special events or licenses were hard, but nothing compared to the Vettel challenges. They're possible though, and if you put enough time in, you can do it.

For me the most impossible think to accomplish are the resistance races. I just CAN'T play for 24 hours in the same track, eveng resting, it's like a punishment I don't want to know about. In fact the only things I don't have is all licenses in gold and the 4+ hours endurances.

Cool! I am trying to do it as well, but it might take years. Those 24 hour challenges... though I did only start playing yesterday (well, I restarted the game)

You don't have to do the long A-spec endurance races to get the Platinum. Just doing the B-Spec ones counts.

I finished it at the weekend. Last Vettel challenge at Suzuka on Saturday night, the final race to push my A-Spec points over the edge was a treat, 4 Hours of Nurburging in an ISF RM.

If you're still trying to finish the game and you don't have a wheel, it can be done. I know the game is past now and this forum doesn't seem as popular now that GT6 is out (and now I can finally play it, yay), but there must be some people still trying to do it. Plus, what is an achievement like this if I can't brag about it to people who'll appreciate it? ;)

(Nurburgring)

(Monza)

(Suzuka)

So yeah, enjoy. My controller now has dents in the bit of plastic that surrounds the left analogue stick from steering so hard.

:cheers: Nicely done! I bought a new copy of GT5 today, Academy Edition, because it has more seasonal events and more other races than GT6 have now, but GT6 will be bigger this year and maybe evolve next year 2015 also.

That's awesome!!! Maybe I will try to complete. This is all I need to plat. I just never had the patience to do it. Congratulations again.

Thats very difficult with ds3.I remember this challenge in the beggining was even more difficult but the PD
was set higher time to beat to make it easier.BTW congrats to all trying with ds3.

wow nice! I'm struggling with the Vettel challenges and GTR official laptime... I honestly am not the best at the Nurburgring. it's just such a long track to master lol

Back