Jules Bianchi passes away following accident at 2014 Formula 1 Japanese Grand Prix

• Thread starter Blitz24
  • 1,602 comments

Blitz24

Chromalusion Member
Premium
United States
NJ/USA
Blitzbay
Blitzbay
Marking the second straight race of Formula One being in the Far East, the fanfare moves to the Suzuka Circuit for the 15th race of the 2014 F1 Schedule. Here is the 2014 Japanese Grand Prix

suzuka-circuit-characteristics.jpg

Event date: 03-05 October 2014
Number of Laps: 53
Circuit Length: 5.807 km (3.608 mi)
Race Distance: 307.471 km (191.0536 mi)
Lap Record: Kimi Raikkonen (2005) - 1:31.540

2013 Podium:
1st - Sebastian Vettel - Red Bull
2nd - Mark Webber - Red Bull
3rd - Romain Grosjean - Lotus

Last edited:
:lol: I say: keep the video. :D

I skipped through to see if anything interesting happened.... it didn't... but the commentary at 8:50 to about 9:05 is classic :D

Here's the Suzuka 2013 Race Edit at Formula1.com just to tide you over :)

F1RaceEditSuzuka2013.JPG

Last edited:
Yep. Didn't see it :lol:. This is what I did in my protocols graduate class. If it tripped the AUP wire I will remove it.

Nothing wrong with the content, it's just some guy driving round on F1:201? and talking kak for 10 minutes :D

So... even with the current season showing a humongous power advantage for teams running split turbos, Honda is going to be using a traditional turbo layout with the MG-UH unit sitting outside the assembly... what?

I wouldn't imagine that's the actual power unit. More of a mock up of it for the media. I wouldn't be surprised if they run a split turbo but I'm waiting for them to prove me wrong any time now...

To expand on previous post, no concrete evidence yet but there is some confusion.

:lol: @ blackflag naming Emma Buxton an F1 reporter...

Edit: Caterham are denying the events of the police and baliffs raiding them.

Last edited:
The Caterham Formula 1 team says its Leafield factory continues to function as normal despite speculation that goods were seized by authorities on Wednesday.

Caterham is facing an uncertain future since the team was sold to a group of investors advised by Colin Kolles in July.

Speculation was rife on Wednesday that bailiffs had seized goods from the team and that all its staff had been asked to leave the factory.

High Court enforcement officers The Sheriff's Office published a list of goods it claimed belong to Caterham, including parts to be used in this weekend's Japanese Grand Prix and a 2013 test car.

Caterham labelled the rumours as "unfounded and unsubstantiated" and claimed its preparations for the Suzuka race were going ahead as planned.

"There have been unfounded and unsubstantiated rumours concerning actions against 1MRT, the entrant and owner of CaterhamF1," said Caterham in a statement.

"An action was threatened yesterday against a supplier company to 1MRT. This company is not owned by 1MRT and it has no influence over the entry of CaterhamF1 or the entrant.

"Also contrary to uncontrolled rumours, all operations are currently in place at Leafield and the race team is doing its preparation in Japan."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116113

Caterham's owners discreetly registered a company known as "Caterham CF1 Team" (or similar), so it's been suggested that their owners have been shuffling their assets and liabilities around, keeping their assets with Caterham CF1 and liabilities with Caterham F1. That would enable them to start fresh in 2015 without debts.

If moved earlier by about 2 hours, I would stay awake for it rather than get an early sleep followed by an even earlier alarm...

^ :lol:

The FIA has the power to change the start time for any session - they held qualifying on Sunday morning a few years ago because of the rain - but holding the race on Saturday would be completely impractical because there is a free practice session and qualifying on Saturday.

Back