The Future of GT (3 Part Video) COMPLETED

• Thread starter TayeezSA
  • 19 comments
South Africa
Johannesburg
Tayeedz1
Hey guys,

Firstly to the Mods, I hope I posted this in the right place.:D

If anyone is interested in watching, I made my own Future of GT 3 part series for GT7 just stating what I would expect and what should have some improvements for the series. This is mostly my opinions and some of the Forum's opinions too.
I haven't done public speaking in a minute so I'm a bit rusty.

So without further ado, here is Part 1:

EDIT: I apologise for these videos taking so long to come out. Life happened:rolleyes:

Last edited:
A wishlist in videoform. Standards are here to stay so just talking about removing them feels like a propagandavideo against standards. And rally...sure but include paris-dacar sweden, finland and so on thats where rally is more correct than south africa.
But nicely done video that i hope people who watch see it as just one persons wishlist.

Link please, can't view here.

Here it is , oh there it is too : www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C4H-MAGNkc

A wishlist in videoform. Standards are here to stay so just talking about removing them feels like a propagandavideo against standards. And rally...sure but include paris-dacar sweden, finland and so on thats where rally is more correct than south africa.
But nicely done video that i hope people who watch see it as just one persons wishlist.

Pretty much, and kinda summarizing what's been happening here on the forums. Kaz says Standards are LIKELY to stay. That doesn't mean it's concrete and is subject to change.

As for rally, come visit South Africa, Zimbabwe and especially Kenya. None is more correct than the other, they're all brutal. I remember when WRC used to come to Kenya but I was pretty young then, there were some real hair raising moments!
Thanks for the feedback though :cheers:

Part 2 is in the works!

Thanks for the link - enjoyed watching that. Nice to meet you on Youtube mate! :lol:

One thing I do admire about the GT games so far.. the particle effects stand out.. and suspension modeling is done well.

GT has a great model under its hood.. if PD can only tune certain attributes of the game..some more than others.

Man, I really want a super duper GT7 game with all the works. We've been getting the shaft ever since FM3 came out. It's time to reclaim that throne.

GT7 would be the ultimate decider: whether I get an X1 or PS4, whenever I can that is. I'm approaching my mid-30s and I guess I'm somewhat losing interest in gaming overall. But cars and racing will always be my passion, and I'll pick up a current gen console just to satisfy that adrenaline itch!

Here it is , oh there it is too : www.youtube.com/watch?v=-C4H-MAGNkc

Pretty much, and kinda summarizing what's been happening here on the forums. Kaz says Standards are LIKELY to stay. That doesn't mean it's concrete and is subject to change.

As for rally, come visit South Africa, Zimbabwe and especially Kenya. None is more correct than the other, they're all brutal. I remember when WRC used to come to Kenya but I was pretty young then, there were some real hair raising moments!
Thanks for the feedback though :cheers:

Part 2 is in the works!
Love to come, but not possible now :(
Well i can give you more feedback, your voice and storytelling is engaging. You might as well talked about wormdigging in wintertime and id be listening to it too. Standrads, who knows how they will look like in the end. Ive said before that even GT6 premium cars will be standards if not upgraded to GT7 Graphics. So he may very well mean that GT6 premium cars will be included but called standards.

I'll have to look into this at a late date just don't have the time, but seems interesting. 👍

Technically, Kaz said,
“I doubt that we’ll be throwing away the standard cars.....So I think we’ll hang on to the archive.
If you interpret that literally and we all know how much things can change with PD and interpretations (monthly DLC anyone?), it means they are holding onto the database, and at no point does he say they will be in the game.

He also didn't mention anything about "premiumizing" the standards, but specifically stated,

In the meanwhile, some of those cars we may be able to make into Premium cars as they become available – but basically we’re more focussed on increasing the number of premium cars.”

To me it looks like he might be saying we are focused on standards and by inference, don't expect a whole bunch of upgraded standards.

I'm sure by release time it'll have a meaning that no one predicted:lol:

Love to come, but not possible now :(
Well i can give you more feedback, your voice and storytelling is engaging. You might as well talked about wormdigging in wintertime and id be listening to it too. Standrads, who knows how they will look like in the end. Ive said before that even GT6 premium cars will be standards if not upgraded to GT7 Graphics. So he may very well mean that GT6 premium cars will be included but called standards.

Thanks again mate 👍 I guess we'll have to see what happens. Either Kaz will listen to us or bite the dust.

I'll have to look into this at a late date just don't have the time, but seems interesting. 👍

Take your time :)

Technically, Kaz said,
If you interpret that literally and we all know how much things can change with PD and interpretations (monthly DLC anyone?), it means they are holding onto the database, and at no point does he say they will be in the game.

He also didn't mention anything about "premiumizing" the standards, but specifically stated,

To me it looks like he might be saying we are focused on standards and by inference, don't expect a whole bunch of upgraded standards.

I'm sure by release time it'll have a meaning that no one predicted:lol:

This whole Standard Premium thing still gives me gas though but for the sake of progression, my point still stands that they should go.

If the Playstation 4 is easy to develop for compared to PS3 then the bar will be set even higher by fans, there's a lot of pressure on Polyphony to make something special, let's hope they deliver this generation.

Man.... PD better bring their A game to the table with GT7... being said, I ain't getting my hopes too high for some reason.

And T10.... I expect the WORLD from these guys! If they don't add some stuff (in FM6) fans have been requesting since FM3... I might give up on console sims altogether!

Part 3 is nearly done. I had to re-edit some of my notes, plus start work on other things :D

One thing I neglected from Part 1 for the sake of novelty is this:

When we buy a car, can we have a cutscene like this?
That music, the panning shots, lighting. Imagine that on Premium cars and to end it off, have the engine start with the title "Here is your brand new Nissan Skyline GTR R34. Enjoy"

Man I loved this from Ridge Racer V!

That would be novelty right there :bowdown:

Part 3 is nearly done. I had to re-edit some of my notes, plus start work on other things :D

One thing I neglected from Part 1 for the sake of novelty is this:

When we buy a car, can we have a cutscene like this?
That music, the panning shots, lighting. Imagine that on Premium cars and to end it off, have the engine start with the title "Here is your brand new Nissan Skyline GTR R34. Enjoy"

Man I loved this from Ridge Racer V!

That would be novelty right there :bowdown:

I was researching this lately...classic memories

EDIT: Remember how Cool 'Concept' openings were

2002 'GENEVA'

2001 'TOKYO'

Last edited:
SSR 11 needs weather and time change to return!!!
SSR 5 also needs weather and time change!
SSR 7 just need time change as the track already has weather change...
SSR X just need weather change as the track already has time change...
Also add SSR X Road Course with time and weather change!

EDIT: Route 11 has to include both GT1 and GT3 versions (both must feature weather and time change (24 hour simulation please) to return...)

I wanna see Special Stage Route 11 Return from GT3

SSR 11 needs weather and time change to return!!!
SSR 5 also needs weather and time change!
SSR 7 just need time change as the track already has weather change...
SSR X just need weather change as the track already has time change...
Also add SSR X Road Course with time and weather change!

EDIT: Route 11 has to include both GT1 and GT3 versions (both must feature weather and time change (24 hour simulation please) to return...)

How about SSR City ? :mischievous:

Latest Posts

Back