• Thread starter Jahgee
  • 10,978 comments

Jahgee

(Banned)
United States
New York
Jahgee1124
iyJcHkN.jpg

The sooner the disappointment that was the 2014 Chase gets put behind us, the better.

Glad the rookies stepped it up last year, and Gordon winning more than once a year was great.

Hopefully neither of those things regress back to the way they were circa 2009, and hopefully the new specs provide as good if not better racing than the current style.

Last edited:
Let me prepare my serious (but likely jinxed) predictions;
  • Joey Logano wins most races with 7.
  • Jeff Gordon wins the Daytona 500.
  • Danica Patrick shocks everyone (especially @Carbonox) and wins a race.
  • Sam Hornish, Jr. gets sacked halfway through the season due to lackluster finishes.
  • Roush-Fenway Racing enters a slump and fails to win a single race.
  • Austin Dillon and Kyle Larson will win their first races.
  • The runner-up curse bites Newman. Only a single-digit top 10 finish count.
  • Homestead finale comes down to Logano, Johnson, Edwards, Larson.
  • Larson pulls off an upset championship win.
Final Standings
  1. Kyle Larson
  2. Joey Logano
  3. Carl Edwards
  4. Jimmie Johnson
  5. Kevin Harvick
  6. Jeff Gordon
  7. Brad Keselowski
  8. Denny Hamlin
  9. Dale Earnhardt, Jr.
  10. Kyle Busch
  11. Tony Stewart
  12. Matt Kenseth
  13. Kasey Kahne
  14. Austin Dillon
  15. A.J. Allmendinger
  16. Danica Patrick

I seriously think that Kyle Larson will do it next year. If he can finish in the top 5 three times, and the top 10 six times in the Chase without even being in it, certainly he can make it in next year and win it all.

It's a bold prediction but nobody expected Aric Almirola to make the Chase, or even Ryan Newman to finish 2nd in points, but you never know with the new format.

Larson's probably gonna disappoint next year
On the flip side, I see Dillon winning a race next year

Let me prepare my serious (but likely jinxed) predictions;
  • Joey Logano wins most races with 7.
  • Jeff Gordon wins the Daytona 500.
  • Danica Patrick shocks everyone (especially @Carbonox) and wins a race.
  • Sam Hornish, Jr. gets sacked halfway through the season due to lackluster finishes.
  • Roush-Fenway Racing enters a slump and fails to win a single race.
  • Austin Dillon and Kyle Larson will win their first races.
  • The runner-up curse bites Newman. Only a single-digit top 10 finish count.
  • Homestead finale comes down to Logano, Johnson, Edwards, Larson.
  • Larson pulls off an upset championship win.
1. No, most race wins will go to Harvick, but he will likely miss the final cut
2. Harvick gets the 500 with either Gordon or Jr behind him.
3. No way Patrick wins a race unless its lap 27 and there is a hurricane in the area.
4. LOL. that is all.
5. Nailed it on RFR
6. true.
7. Really? He will likely win a race, then miss the round before the final cut
8. replace Edwards with Jr. He deserves one before he goes back to NXS.
9. Larson triumphs over Johnson with Harvick winning the race but losing the championship in a similar manner to Johnson

Last edited:
Greg Ives will have his stress level cranked up by 1,000,000 for the 2015 season since he will be crew chief for Dale Earnhardt Jr. Now that he is a championship winning crew chief in Nationwide with Chase Elliot, it will be expected of him to bring Jr. some hardware in Sprint Cup before Dale retires.

I'm pretty sure under this format that is impossible :lol:
What I mean is Harvick gets eliminated by technicality at either Talladega or Kansas or maybe Phoenix if enough things go wrong, but he wins the finale at Homestead again with 2015 champion Kyle Larson (or JJ or Jr.) behind him

Another random prophecy, We find out 2/3rds of the way through the season that Kahne will lose his ride to Chase Elliot who also wins (or at the very least gets a close second) his second NXS championship

Last edited:
Mine prediction for no reason:

• Jr and Edwards win 8 races each
  • Austin Dillon and Kyle Larson shock the hell out of everyone with a win in races they didn't dominate
  • Danica Patrick manages a win on a fuel strategy call (because at this point, she has no legitimate shot
  • Trevor Bayne becomes the only Roush Driver to do anything decent, embarrassing his champion teammate Stenhouse
  • Brad pisses someone else off (because fans)
  • Kyle Busch Makes the chase.
  • Homestead is between Edwards, Busch, Gordon, Earnhardt Jr.
  • Hamlin gets another Homestead win while Jr finally gets a cup champion, barely edging out Gordon (just for the lols)

Last edited:
Mine prediction for no reason:

• Jr and Edwards win 8 races each
  • Austin Dillon and Kyle Larson shock the hell out of everyone with a win in races they didn't dominate
  • Danica Patrick manages a win on a fuel strategy call (because at this point, she has no legitimate shot

• Brad pisses someone else off (because fans)
  • Kyle Busch Makes the chase.
  • Homestead is between Edwards, Busch, Gordon, Earnhardt Jr.
  • Hamlin gets another Homestead win while Jr finally gets a cup champion
1. Dillon and Larson winning a race seems to be a theme here. I hope its true
2. You forgot about the apocalyptic amount or rain & lightning& general paranormal activity it would take for Danica to win a race.
3. Duh on Brad.
4. Hornish getting sacked early seems to be a theme here as well.
D'oh! Forgot to put Jr. in my final cut! And him going toe to toe with Larson and Johnson for the championship!

Shoot, didn't mean to make that post about Sam Hornish, should've seen that when I was Copy/pasting. Would rather give him a fair chance before I write him off just yet.

Shoot, didn't mean to make that post about Sam Hornish, should've seen that when I was Copy/pasting. Would rather give him a fair chance before I write him off just yet.
I'm guessing a bit of that post was a jab at mine. :lol:

My almost grim but true 2015 predictions:

-Kyle Larson wins at least 2 races and makes a deep playoff run. 👍
-The new rules package meant to provide more side-by-side racing actually makes the racing worse due to crap tires. :yuck:
-Danica Patrick continues to be a field filler, only posting good runs at the plate tracks. :dopey:
-Brad Keselowski gets wrecked severely by a mystery driver for continued rough driving and is forced to miss several races due to injury. :scared:
-Assuming this points system is still in effect, the final four will be Johnson, Gordon, Earnhardt Jr., and Kenseth with everybody's favorite driver taking the trophy. :sly:
-A Royal Rumble style brawl will take place after one of the Chase races, causing multiple driver and crew suspensions. :P

I really hope that Austin Dillion can win a race this year, I would love to see that 3 car back in victory lane!

While looking at the rule changes on the NASCAR website, I saw this:
"There could also be qualifying and racing in the rain at Sprint Cup Series events contested on road courses if weather is an issue."

This is a huge leap for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. :D

My biased prediction: Dale Jr wins his first NSCS championship.

My unbiased prediction: Larson has an even better NSCS season than the one that ended tonight, and he might even get involved in a rivalry.

Back