Tour of the "Club's" section in GT6

Mini Stiggy

Premium
United States
Grove City, Ohio
I__like_oranges
Hey guys. I'm hoping that this little guide will help people learn to navigate their clubs in GT6. You could also copy/past it if someone is asking about something and you don't want to take the time to explain it.

As many of you know by now, a recent update has added the community feature to GT6. This allows us to create clubs. I have created a private club called the "FGTA Formula 1 WC". I think I have sent everyone a invite to join, but please let me know if I missed you because it is essential that you are in the club. To accept my invitation, follow this procedure:

Community-->Messages-->Click on Mini Stiggy's message-->Click on message again-->Go to club-->Join

Once you are joined, you will see this screen:
View attachment 259289

The "club lobby" section allows any member to create a lobby that will allow anyone in the club to join, without the need to have the them your friends list. Only club members can join these lobbies. Use the for practice lobbies. Below is a picture of this screen(lobbies will show up if any are open):View attachment 259290

The "Club events" section is where I schedule races, and where you guys can sign up for races, or check the room settings. Below is a picture of the first part of the "club events" page:
View attachment 259291

Once you select the race shown above, you will be taken to a screen where you can view room settings, sign up for the race, and chat about the race with the comment feature. When you sign up for a race, please post "Signed up" in the comments. Below is a picture of what this screen looks like:
View attachment 259292

The final section is the "Forums section". In this section, I(and only me) can create threads for you guys to talk on. So far I have made 2 threads. "The General Chat Thread", and "Questions". Read the comment under each thread to see what they are about. If you have ideas for other threads, please let me know. Below is a picture of what this screen looks like:
View attachment 259294

Hope it helps:cheers:

Why is it, invitations that I sent to (11) friends to join a club (GTPlanet) are in Messages as (11) unread messages to me? How do we mark them as read?

Why is it, invitations that I sent to (11) friends to join a club (GTPlanet) are in Messages as (11) unread messages to me? How do we mark them as read?
Just click on them to read them, and the notification will disappear.
But yes, it is weird that you get notified for your own messages.
You have to delete the messages
You don't have to delete them.

Just out of the little bit of time I got to spend tonight in 2 of the GTP rooms I can yell this is going to save the game for me. SO NICE not having 12yo's in X1s running into every chance they get.
Was a lot of fun tonight! :)
Indeed :cheers: I'm actually taking some pics right now of tonights racing, and I can post them here if you want :)

Ok.. I have 1 public event but I can't remember how I did it. I can seem to set any other event to anything other than Club Only.

Any help would be appreciated.

Ok.. I have 1 public event but I can't remember how I did it. I can seem to set any other event to anything other than Club Only.

Any help would be appreciated.
Are you trying to create a public lobby(within your club)? If so:

Go here:
image.jpg
And click "create room"
That will take you here:

image.jpg
Then click room privacy, and change it to public:
image.jpg

This means that your room is open to anyone to join, but it will also be in your club section so people in your club can easily find it.

Are you trying to create a public lobby(within your club)? If so:

Go here:

Nope. I mean the scheduled events. The manual says scheduled public events are not possible but I have one.

https://www.dropbox.com/sc/su27e9d8f9xfhs1/AADy8Kr97qS7_DGQ4T18-656a

When I created it, I had the dialogue box for public/friends/club only, but now If I try and edit it, I don't get the dialogue box. I had set it to public, which is why it's set to public. Non of the other events have that option. I read the manual and it says that all the events are club only, although the text at the bottom of the screen in game says that you can set the room to public/friends/club only.

I had set up two rooms this way, but I mistakenly left the other in the club only setting. When I tried to change it, I found this problem.

I think it's a little silly that you can't schedule a public event.

(club id 1002155)

Last edited:
Update...

So, I saved this particular setup as a test. If I try to create a new event with this setup in the game, the new event is Club Only. However, if I create and event through the web interface and load the settings, it's still public.

If anyone has done this same thing, please let me know.

Hmm. That's weird. Is your club private or public?

Public.

I think I discovered a crazy awesome bug. I can create a public event now, of any type, by loading these settings in the web interface, then changing the details in game.

One caveat though. If I create the event through the web, I cannot go back and change the scheduled dates in game.

Public.

I think I discovered a crazy awesome bug. I can create a public event now, of any type, by loading these settings in the web interface, then changing the details in game.

One caveat though. If I create the event through the web, I cannot go back and change the scheduled dates in game.
Interesting. My club is private so it might not work, but I'll give it a try tomorrow.

Now I need them to fix the bug where whenever I click on "friends" or "invite friends" my PS3 freezes, so I have to do that from the website:irked:. Anyone else have this problem?

Update...

So, I saved this particular setup as a test. If I try to create a new event with this setup in the game, the new event is Club Only. However, if I create and event through the web interface and load the settings, it's still public.

If anyone has done this same thing, please let me know.

Public.

I did create event from game, and it appears as members only

I am on web browser now to create another event, but there is no options to turn it public

delete.JPG

I would be nice if we could create club event in public space

@nascarfan1400 @vasiliflame @GT_Racer22

Yeah that was the first SC race I'd been in too... much fun and way more real. I snapped off a few pics as well tonight.

Gotta dig out the rig tomorrow so I can actually be competetive and not be the one bringing out the SC!

You Missed tonight's it was rained off black flag... i was the only one who had wet tires :gtpflag: it was Totally wicked

I joined a free run lobby Friday for a couple of laps and everything went smoothly. A track day on the revamped Suzuka Circuit with my FXX, knowing there won't be any dirty randoms invading. The only two participants i remember instantly from that lobby were @Mini Stiggy and @nascarfan1400. All i can say is, what an incredibly managed lobby! Hopefully there will be more track days like this soon. :gtpflag:

I have a question: If we create an event, does the event start automatically at its time? Or does it need a host to start? And if yes, does the host have to be the club's owner?
Thanks.

Back