GTDesigned: A Community Vision GT Project

We'll going to add a series of poll for 3 days, for now the layout

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Indonesia
Indonesia
Let's join the party and celebrate the 15th Anniversary of Gran Turismo by creating our own Vision Gran Turismo!

PD have team up with world's most renowned companies and created this event to celebrate GT's anniversary by giving us the great designs of automobile. At this long time period we haven't done something amazing for PD, with the rising of other racing video games, it's time to show them that the fans are here to stay!

Share your design whether it's a drawing or a rendering in this thread for a chance to be the lead designer of this project, design sharing will be closed in 14th December 2014.

Voting time between 15 - 31 December, designer with most vote will get the chance to be the lead designer of this project!

Let the project begin and get creative!

Your ideas will be used, I can assure you it won't be neglected

The poll is closed!, thanks for your participation! :)

Poll Results:
Engine Position : MR
Engine Type : Piston
Stroke Cycles : Two Stroke
Numbers of Cylinders : 4
Cylinder Configuration : V
Fuel : Gasoline/Petrol
Forced Induction : Turbocharged
Transmission : Sequential Manual Transmission
Numbers of Gears : 8 Speed
Car body Type : City Car (AS A SIZE REFERENCE ONLY)
Wheels : 4 Wheels
Tech : Hybrid, and Hopefully Some Other New Groundbreaking Technologies
Interior : Needed
Facebook Group : Needed

Our Facebook group is live! Please join us:
GTP VGT Design Community : https://www.facebook.com/groups/643230295786649/

Due to our ongoing process of negotiation with PD all phase will be postponed until further notice : https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...ity-designed-vgt.320425/page-53#post-10408707

In this 15 years of Gran Turismo a lot of great things happened and Polyphony Digital celebrated it's game anniversary with a rather special event called Vision Gran Turismo for us the fans to enjoy. I proudly announced and invited all of you in this global community of GTPlanet to join this project in line with the world's most renown companies to create a Vision Concept Car. The more support we get for this project plus a great relationship with the game creator itself the more chance we'll get to see our car in game!

Our main goal is to see our car in the sim-racing game environment of Gran Turismo. Let's show the world what we can do,show our design, our vision of the future. let peoples know we're here, ready to embrace the future of Automobile and Technology for a better world and if we succeed this project i can assure you all that a bigger thing awaits ahead of us. There will come the time when we sit down looking at the screen and say : This is a masterpiece from the fans to the fans, and i'm part of it.
The following Project Roles have been identified as being needed and crucial to the success of the Project. Each Role lists Member Volunteers who have expressed interest in, or have received a nomination from another GTPlanet Member to fill a Position. Send a Private Message to @LosCules24SFA with your interest to fill any Position or if you wish to nominate a GTPlanet Member to a position. Runoff elections will be announced if multiple Members wish to be considered for any single Position. DEADLINE for your APPLYING TO FILL A POSITION or NOMINATION of another GTPlanet Member is Sunday, January 25th 06:00 GMT. Design and CAD Contributor Positions DO NOT Require Nominations, Elections or Deadlines.

Project Founder
- @LosCules24SFA

Project Director - @wvmgmidget (Electable Position)

Process Advisor - @kapnk006 (Electable Position)

Component Design Manager - @kembro (Electable Position)
Component Design Contributors - Register with @LosCules24SFA
Contributors
- @cgg
- @Latvija27
- @SonicCharmeleon

Aesthetic Design Manager - @787bcgr
Aesthetic Design Contributors - Register with @LosCules24SFA
Contributors
- @Grandea GTR
- @Nessy
- @grannyshifter
- @KazaMR2
- @YukinoSuzuka
- @eran0004
- @Lucas
- @NixxxoN
- @WhiterunGuard
- @SonicCharmeleon

Electrical Design Manager - (Electable Position)
Electrical Design Contributors - Register with @LosCules24SFA
Contributors
-

Freehand Sketching Manager - @grannyshifter (Electable Position)
Freehand Sketching Contributors - Register with @LosCules24SFA
Contributors
- @Nessy
- @787bcgr
- @citroengt1
- @Smurfybug
- @titleguy1

CAD Modelling Manager - @eran0004 (Electable Position)
CAD Modeling Contributors - Register with @LosCules24SFA
Contributors
- @legacyMACHINE

Software Publication Manager - (Electable Position)

Voting Poll Manager - @wvmgmidget (Electable Position)[/USER]
Project Founder
@LosCules24SFA - The Creator "Idea Guy" who had the idea to launch this Project. :cheers:. Serves as the Primary Public Relations Contact Person for Community Members to voice opinions, express opportunities and concerns related to the Project. Acts as the primary liaison between Project Staff Members and the GTPlanet Community to insure that public communications are released in a consistent manner and concerns from the GTPlanet Community are being addressed by the Project Staff. Manages all content deposited and removed from the Project Vault. Manages communications within and outside of the GTPlanet Website related to the Project.

Project Director

Provides input to Project Staff Members and Design Contributors to insure that the Project is tracking forward on a timely basis. Insures that process, communication, collaboration and conflict resolution issues are being addressed.

Project Advisor

Advises Founder, Director, Managers and Contributors of opportunities to help insure that the highest quality standards as possible are being practiced in all aspects of the Project Process. Collects input from the Community related to the Project Process and reports back to the Project Founder and Director for opportunities to improve the Process.

Car Component Design Manager

Lead Component Designer. No CAD or Sketching Skills required. Leads Mechanical Component and Mechanical Technology Design efforts and insures that all Contributors' input and Voter Polling Results is fairly represented within the Project.

Car Aesthetic Design Manager

@787bcgr - Lead Aesthetic Designer. The Winner of the Car Aesthetic Design Poll. Leads Car Aesthetic Design and Graphic Design efforts and insures that the "spirit and vision" of their winning Car Aesthetic Design is being maintained during the Project. Insures that all Aesthetic Design Contributors' input and Polling Results are fairly represented within the Project.

Voting Poll Manager

Manages all Voting Polls in the community. Publishes Polls, tally's Poll results, insures that Poll results are deposited in the Project Vault.

Freehand Sketching Manager

Strong Freehand Sketching Skills Req'd. This is a Non-Designer Position. Executes freehand sketches as directed by Component, Aesthetic and Electrical Design Managers. Creates freehand sketches for presentation to the Community and in Voting Polls.

Car Electrical Systems Manager

Lead Electrical Systems Designer. No CAD or Sketching Skills required. Leads Electrical Component and Electrical Technology Design efforts to insure that all Electrical Systems Contributors' input and Polling results is fairly represented within the Project.

CAD Modeling Manager

Lead CAD Modeler. CAD Skills required. This is a Non-Designer Position. Role is to insure that all Component and Aesthetic Design elements are executed accurately in CAD Models suitable for release to the selected Software Publisher.

Registered Component, Aesthetic, Electrical, CAD Contributors
Reports to the respective Design Manager. Role is to contribute via the Public Thread all relevant aspects of the Car's design and development. At this time there is no limit to the # of Contributors that can participate in the Project.

Car Software Publication Manager

Serves as the primary liaison between Software Publishers, Project Staff Members and GTPlanet Staff on all matters related to the software publication of the Car. This person's primary goal is to reach out to, and get the car published in a major motorsports simulation title. Would need to possess strong verbal skills. Would not need to currently have contacts in the Industry, but would need polished, critical, research and networking skills. Ability to collaborate with strangers via email, social networking, etc., and ultimately would be able to speak on a phone with strangers in a professional manner. Multi-lingual skills not required.
We have identified the following steps as critical to the success of the Project:

Phase 1 PROJECT PLANNING

1.1 Planning - Volunteer Job Creation, Nominations and Elections
Nominations and Election of Project Director, Project Advisor, Component Design Manager, Voting Poll Manager, Freehand Sketching Manager, CAD Modeling Manager, Software Publication Manager. Ongoing registration of Contributors.
1.2 Staff Elections (if necessary)
1.3 Voting Poll #1
1.4 Project Planning - Project Phased Process Plan Refinement and Finalization

Phase 2 SOFTWARE PUBLISHER DEVELOPMENT

2.1 Research - Identify and Evaluate Project Sponsor Interest, Needs and Requirements
2.2 Research - Identify and Evaluate Software Publisher Interest, Needs and Requirements
2.3 Research - Community Poll to determine interest in which Software Publisher is most desirable to pursue
2.4 Voting Poll #2

Phase 3 CAR COMPONENT DESIGN

3.1 Component Ideation
3.2 Voting Polls COMPLETE
3.3 Component Revision - Voting Poll to determine interest to revise current "locked in" component design specifications
3.4 Voting Poll #3
3.5 Component Revision, Refinement and Addition - Chassis Type and Size, Occupant Capacity and Position(s), # of Wheels, # of Doors and Type, Power PlantType & Location, Electrical Control Systems, Drivetrain, Transmission, Carburetion
3.6 Voting Polls #4 - #6
3.7 Component Refinement - Suspension, Mirrors, Cockpit Gauges & Control Systems, Dashboard, Seats
3.8 Voting Polls #7 - #9
3.9 Component Finalization
3.10 Voting Poll #10
3.11 Component Design Complete

Phase 4 CAR AESTHETIC DESIGN

4.1 Aesthetic Sketching Ideation - Body
4.2 Voting Polls Complete
4.3 Aesthetic Sketching Refinement #1 - Body
4.4 Voting Polls #11 - #13
4.5 Aesthetic Sketching Refinement #2 - Hood, Roof, Wheels, Tires, Front Grill, Front Aero, Headlamps, Exterior Mirrors
4.6 Voting Polls #14 - #16
4.7 Aesthetic Sketching Refinement #3 - Tail Lamps, Rear Aero, Steering Wheel, Dashboard, Gauges, Interior Mirrors
Voting Polls #17 - #19
4.8 Aesthetic Sketching Finalization
4.9 Voting Poll #20
4.10 Aesthetic Design Complete

Phase 5 CAR CAD Modeling

5.1 3D CAD Database Execution - 3D CAD construction of car based on Phase 4.10 results

Phase 6 CAR BRANDING

6.1 Car Naming
6.2 Voting Poll #21
6.3 2D Graphics Ideation - Body Colors, Textures, Graphics
6.4 Voting Poll #22

Phase 7 CAR SOFTWARE DEVELOPMENT

7.1 CAD Database Collaboration with selected Software Publisher

Phase 8 CAR SOFTWARE PUBLICATION

8.1 Car Software Publication Release to Public

Project End
Content

Content

Content

Content

Content

Content

Content

IMG_67609001234747.jpeg

@Jordan
@wvmgmidget , @ItGivesYouWings , @NixxxoN , @Stylel_Code , @Gt4lover , @MadEpicBadger , @Eks , @kembro , @eran0004 , @Ryk , @SonicCharmeleon , @787bcgr , @Latvija27 , @IneedSchool , @Giygas , @MatskiMonk , @Brutaka , @Sir Bacon , @TeamCZRRacing , @kogunenjou , @CLowndes888 , @grannyshifter , @Monatsende , @Lucas , @citroengt1 , @thestig11 , @Robbks , @05XR8 , @lGNAl , @pete2783 , @Nessy , @YukinoSuzuka , @TacoParty , @smskeeter23 , @DCybertron , @Aussie_HSV , @sk8er913 , @WhiterunGuard , @iName , @kolio123 , @NW48 , @Downhill Dino , @The Stig Farmer , @chrisspeed281 , @Nuschel01 , @Smurfybug , @fortbo , @KazaMR2 ,@KinLM , @NoizeboyMugen , @SchumiF399 , @Dr Fourtrack , @RedDragon , @MXHyland , @xZAMGMarmite , @MOPARbarrett5 , @VBR , @Jose Frias , @GranTurismo916 , @Shahar , @masterrawad , @sirjim73 , @TheProRacer , @mandj854 , @ProjectWHaT , @hsv , @Ferrari2430 , @Pootis , @ukfan758 , @MrUnknown , @Rzzz , @Jimmy_Pop , @nascarfan1400 , @lTwiSparkle , @raven214 , @Nico_Ble99 , @Chameleon9000 , @SCER , @Lubeify100 , @vasiliflame , @sparkytooth , @Smuttysy , @FrzGT , @Naveek Darkroom , @Gerarghini , @SirJac , @SomePlayaDude , @Whodoyouthink , @Kurei , @legacyMACHINE , @Gejabo , @lldantell , @HBR-Roadhog , @FerrariFXX 07 , @BOSS_335 , @MonGnoM , @meek , @RACECAR , @mistersafeway , @AudiMan2011 , @GranTurismo guy , @pokemonfan58, @Dagger311, @enricmaria7 , @Soulfresh_ACV , @acedition333 , @Ken Koios , @Thomas2012 , @TwinTurbo LM , @CallmeDan , @MrUnknown , @DJTHEKING , @Polsixe , @MOTORTRENDmitch , @bocowes , @titleguy1 , @Niku Driver HC @Grandea GTR , @mrnascar242424 , @ElementRacer , @RobbiefromBC , @Il_Conte_Sky , @Lugi907, @CowboyAce57

Guys we're currently doing a VGT project and i tag all of you that posted or liked a post in this thread or my previous thread called Vision GT vs Red Bull X Cars now i'm pretty sure all of you love the VGT event and with this many people i'm pretty sure that we can put our future car in game so what do you guys think? Should we finish this project or not?

Last edited:
Like I mentioned to you earlier today. I want to very lightweight MR Coupe super car that would be about the size of a lotus exige I say we go on a type of car then work out things like the engine. I do like the design you posted.

We need to know what is the community favourite car type and get some inspiration from previous GT concepts. We also need to represent our view of "Gran Turismo" and what represent us.

In my point of view, we need a "hybrid car". A car for various kinds of races (road racing, drifting, rallying...) to make it acceptable for various kinds of forum sections.

Agreed. I'll try to come up with something rough. I'm thinking the front similar to yours. The rear similar to the Nissan VGT, GTR, and C7 Corvette (kind of chopped off). I want the body to be more functional/light more than attractive. But first I got a crapload of physics homework to do

The first thing that comes to your head when I say The Game Gran Turismo is a racing game with everything and any car, so I came up with this rather rad/classical-futuristic design. The front end was inspired by a 90s Mustang and the side was a mix of the Spano, TZ3 Strandale and the rear was mostly LFA. This is still a base design so we will change it up.
image.jpg

Now i started with the styling. I designed something completely new and focused on looks. While the previous was all go but no show, this is all show but no go. Now how to combine them both to make all show and all go is still a mystery
image.jpg

Now I realized we're doing MR... Back to the drawing board!

Last edited by a moderator:
20141129_151056.jpg

I don't have paper now. But this is my base design. The top view is not even close to the next step of the design.

I mixed the design of a short, powerful and rally available car like the 512 BB and the design of 90' japanese sport cars. Also used the Toyota 88C-V as a guide of downforce.

I have the hands of a 5-year-old when using the computer. Now its time for the written version.

Now I realized we're doing MR... Back to the drawing board!
No need the point of the thread right now to find out what type of car and design the community wants. Heck you could do a dual engined convertible van if you wanted too at this stage. Although I doubt the community would go for that

Why bother with the 5 turbo twin engine W50 piston arrangement 7 wheel drive convertible van when we can jump to the holy grail of MRs instead? A full on Formula car with headlights and adjustable suspensions, and no bigger than an elise! Its the world's first, mini road legal Formula Car that anyone can buy! (With some amazing front bumpers too!)
image.jpg

Pretty confident with this design
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
1) If this thread wants any hope of surviving, I suggest all parties involved stop double and triple posting.

2) I can already tell you how it's going to end. People will be bickering and arguing that their idea(s) isn't/aren't being used and the thread will tear itself apart from there.

Please prove me wrong on that second one. The first one isn't negotiable, though.

Maybe need to start with a poll on size/style and configuration of the chassis, then engine type/size. Just think we can find a consensus to move forward with concept drawing.

Personally I'm looking for versatile, well balanced, small, mid engine 4wd, radical style allrounder with grip and power.

Interesting to see what everyone wants in their perfect ride.

TB
1) If this thread wants any hope of surviving, I suggest all parties involved stop double and triple posting.

2) I can already tell you how it's going to end. People will be bickering and arguing that their idea(s) isn't/aren't being used and the thread will tear itself apart from there.

Please prove me wrong on that second one. The first one isn't negotiable, though.

Let's see then
1) most of us are amateur drawers and artists, some of us can't even draw, we need to post our sketches as much as we can so we can share info, progression and others can put input before its too late.
2) ideas will be chosen thats for sure but we wont certainly be arguing like children, their base might not be used but we might use their spoiler lets say and so on...

But idk... Lets just see but for now lets just try our best to coorporate

What are we thinking for a project name?

GTP VGT

Maybe need a section setup where we can merge threads and run multiple polls.

Probably need a name poll first.

First suggestion - GTP VGT.

Other name ideas to put into the poll?

This concept is more about driving joy than sheer speed. It's a lightweight 3-wheeler (2 front, 1 back), shaped like a shark and with an LMP-style fin in the rear. I'm thinking that it might lean in the corners, and give a bit of a jet fighter sensation.

vgt.jpg

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back