Well, it's been a year now: Was it worth it?

Did GT6 shape up in to what you were hoping it would be?

• Totes!

Votes: 63 14.4%
  • Almost there...

Votes: 133 30.5%
  • Just another update or two.

Votes: 107 24.5%
  • Nopes.

Votes: 133 30.5%

• Total voters
United States
Santa Cruz, CA
Reikeimaru08
It's been exactly a year now since GT6 came out. I'm just curious, did you guys think you got your money's worth? I was kinda skeptical at first when GT6 first came out, but now I really think it's developed into a badass GT game.

But that's just me. How about you guys? Are you satisfied with the way GT6 is now, or will it take another update or two for you to get your money's worth?

It is amazing how a videogame evolves in one year.

Obviously it is not as great as I thought it would be by this point, but it's getting there, the guys at PD are doing a great job, and I would like that they continue with this the way they've been doing it lately.

But yeah, GT6 is a strong game. :)

I originally was hoping when I first got Gran Turismo 6 this day last year that since Bathurst is in this game Holden & Australian Ford would have being updated & have had lots of cars old & new from Australia. That has not came to be yet at this time.

It'd also be nice if New Zealand got some of their cars in the game for the first time & that has not happened yet.

I fell in love with the 1960 Plymouth Ghia Roadster when I first saw it & I have 4 of them. I like cruising in them & they are fast at Route X.

It was good having the 15th Anniversary cars to start the game off with since I got the 15th Anniversary edition.

One letdown of Gran Turismo 6 is the car limit in the garage. If they did not put that it I would not have kept on selling cars to make space since the 500 car limit. I tried the stock yard & I not found it very user friendly & I am unable to use cars in the stockyard.

Other than that Gran Turismo 6 has being a good game. The Vision Gran Turismos are nice editions to the game & I look forward to more in the future & future Gran Turismo games.

Its funny, yesterday i had my friend ( @Pollux458 ) round and he played version 1.14 for the first time. His PS3 is unable to connect to the internet, so he is stuck on 1.0 for the time being. He said its funny how much worse his version of GT6 is verses mine, as i showed him all of the stuff that has been added to the game! This game has totally changed since day one, and i am glad to have watched it evolve!

One year in and I've played it about half of what I had in gt5 by now. Community trading was my thing in 5. I'm eager for the course creator even though I only used it once or twice in 5. I guess I'm hoping for more options than the 5 version. Biggest let down so far has been no monthly DLC tracks. I was hoping for Midfield by now.

I voted no.... Because although I like the game & it has come a long way since its release I did at least expect it to have what GT5 had at the end of its life, even in basic form from which they would build apon over the year, and im talking little things more than big things, shuffle, standing starts, 1 make races, a few more filter options. The psychics are a big leap for which I do enjoy & again I like the game but is it what I expected when I handed over £60 for the AE.... No...But its getting there slowly.

Capture.PNG

A one year wait for the feature I use the most means I have to vote no. I'm actually starting to think it isn't going to happen before GT7's release now. Patience has never been one of my virtues but it's seriously being tested now.

It's maybe not what the community expected, but I really enjoy this game as it has Gran Turismo's core strengths:

-) A great variety of cars and tracks
-) Nice, realistic physics engine
-) A great online community (:gtpflag:)
-) Great attention to detail
-) Aaand, as I call it, the overall "Gran Turismo Feeling"

I owned a PS3 that had been collecting dust for over 2 years. I never used it. I happened to be in a Game Stop with a friend who was buying some XBox One games for his daughter, for Christmas and I noticed the 15th Anniversary Edition GT6. Now, a few months previously this same friend had given me his daughter's DFGT because she had sold her PS3 to put the money toward her new XBox One. The wheel had been sitting in my trunk for months because I had no games that could make use of a wheel, I wasn't a gamer, so I wasn't rushing out to find a game that could make use of it.

Well, my friend reminded me of the wheel he gave me that was sitting in my trunk and I had seen a few commercials for GT6 on television the past few weeks, so I said "Screw it...I'll try it out." The worst that could happen is I threw away $60, or whatever the price was at launch. This was just a couple of days before Christmas.

I liked the game immediately. It was fun! I had nothing to compare it to, but the graphics seemed pretty good to me and it felt fairly realistic, in a way. It wasn't until maybe mid-March that I started playing every single day. I just got hooked on the game. It definitely had a lot to do with my involvement here at GTPlanet. I started visiting this site every day, getting involved in threads and more importantly, finding good tunes for my vehicle. Oh, my initial attempts at tuning, completely on my own, were so terrible. :lol:

So for me, there is no question that GT6 has been well worth the money I paid. I've probably gotten close to 1,000 hours of playing time from this game. To go from 0 to ~1000 must mean I'm greatly enjoying myself.

For me it's not far off what I hoped GT6 would be. We are still missing Endurance races and the now mythical Course Creator but even without these I have enjoyed GT6 immensely.

The crap AI is going nowhere at this stage but that would be ok if more events, such as Endurance, were added. Seasonals wear thin quickly.

Hopefully in a couple of updates all will be ok.

i don't really know because I am a year late getting it and spent the whole evening downloading/installing GT6 yesterday including the large updates.... but what I can say is if it is anything like GT5 its definitely worth it.

Didn't buy it on launch and waited to see what would be added or rectified to the gameplay this year to see if i would pick it up from a bargain shelve. There was the hint of that sound update which didn't happen (they just tweaked the existing samples a bit), and the Senna content had to be revealed yet (Senna fan here), but the updates didn't bring what i wanted changed to this game so in the end GT6 isn't for me, even if i can pick it up for 15 bucks now a year later.

For me the only negative is longevity (I don't play online much). In the first update they added a new championship, and I wish they added more every now and again. They could have had the some of the same championships at different levels. The seasonals are fine but I usually wait for a few weeks, gold them and GT6 gets put away for another few weeks.

Not really IMO, far too many disappointments (from the game itself to its developer) for the good to outweigh them.

More relevant-content (quantum leap where?), More communication, that's what this series needs.

No. It's a better game than GT5. But in my eyes, it still isn't what GT5 should have been in the first place. Updates won't change a thing if PD keeps adding things that do little to change the game.

Course maker (present in GT5), extended Photomode locations (GT5 and GT4), friendly cups with scalated levels of cars from 1 to 10 (GT4), choosing your own opponents in Arcade mode (including from your own garage, not present in any GT), qualifying, longer races, better AI that you actually race against instead of just breezing past them in an equal car, more tracks (much more important than 1200 cars most don't use). A better way to make money that didn't depend on logging 5 consecutive days to PSN and seasonal events which are one-time only.

That's what GT6 should have been, and what I expected originally from GT5.

EDIT: Endurance races as well. I didn't mention it because in GT4 you could easily jump into them, now it's harder to get to that point and I'm not too much of a fan of the career mode given that the AI sucks. 24 minutes of Le Mans, what a joke.

EDIT 2: The main problem I have with online lobbies is that it doesn't work as well as it would in Call of Duty: MW3, a game which I played to death. The reason is pretty simple: in CoD, all you do is shoot people in a map. In GT6, you race with different cars in a track you may not like very much, and while there were some maps in CoD I didn't like, at least it didn't make me quit the match. Plus you are expected to use the better guns which you gain when leveling up, but in GT6, I don't feel like driving the very fast cars it has to offer. It's a combination of finding the right tracks, the right car limitations, the right people... and it becomes difficult very quick, especially when the lobby has 2-5 persons in it.

Last edited:
If i was judging it by new content i would say no, If i was judging by fun i have had over the year would say no. as much as i love the franchise, i feel it's lost it's way since gt4. the whole Gt5 to Gt6 had left me quite sour. I have had fun with the game but only with the online where we can actually have a good race and try with other people to expand our experience but even then we have invisible walls etc. I just feel that the ps3 generation was a missed opportunity.Pd dropped the ball from Granturismo's.I hope they can change my mind with the PS4 this will be the only Granturismo i wont get on day of release since Gt2 the last two i did pre-order didn't really work as well as the developers were promising, So i will hang fire and stalk Gtp for proper reviews from the people i trust when its's been released. :)👍

I think it really shows how Money makes you do some crazy decisions.
Well I like GT6 and the hole GT game"logic" (start poor become rich kind of thing) plus the love you feel when looking at them Cars and drive them.
Every Car drives different and has their own goods and bads.

But It is still not at 100%

Sure we get additions etc but if you look on what they changed over the Year there are a few basic programming things they have worked on which wouldn´t have made it in the Game if they just released it 1/2 a Year later.

But to answer the Question:
No but with a few updates it comes close, because me didn´t had big expectations in the first place ;)

BTW: I´m totally waiting for the Coursemaker and the GPS scan possability (maybe we will never get this but I´m like a 5 Year old waiting for Santa :D).

For me? No.

After 3 years' of awesome NASCAR racing in GT5 with good friends, I couldn't wait to move to GT6... especially after the announcement of Daytona at night.

And then... bleh. Turns out Daytona at night had rampant shimmering, tearing and with wonky shadows, and those friends who actually bothered to buy on day one (like me) quickly gave up racing, and those who didn't quickly got wind it was rubbish and have never bought it.

I don't mind doing the seasonal time/drift trials, but I wish there were a lot more of them. They're the only thing that has kept me interested in the game.

Hmm the thread title question and the poll question are quite a bit different as such I did not value in the poll.

Did I get my moneys worth? Yes
Is it what I hoped it would be? No

Without a full set of leaderboards I will never be fully happy with the game. Seeing that we have a decent set of leaderboards in GT5P there is no excuse for not having them in GT5 and definitely not in GT6. I still can't believe they would leave out such an obvious feature for an online driving/racing game.

We still do not have B-Spec nor the course creator which where expected to arrive in an early update. We still do not have an option to turn off collisions in online races [was there in GT5 via update] We still do not have enough options for restricting the field in online lobbies.

I don't know why, but most complainers here come off totally "spoiled" to me.

People buy CoD on a 3 per year cycle but complain that a constantly evolving and improving GT6 isn't what they expect it to be. Instead of ignoring complaints and just releasing the next part of the series and moving on, we actually get improvements and fixes for no additional charge. We've gotten so many cars, and yet none of them were fitted with a price tag.

I think people are too stuck on whats not there (yet) and overlook too much of what we actually got. Gameplay wise I find GT6 to be a great improvement over 5.

Is GT6 worth the (day1 full) price: definitely
Will I enjoy future updates: definitely
Are there things I'd like see added: yes, but they don't diminish my current enjoyment. (A customizable BoP is something I'd love for rooms)

It shaped up ok I guess. I wish PD would use some of these updates to fix/improve the videogame-y side of GT. Event creator, way more options for arcade mode, career mode. Stuff like that needs a big shot in the arm. GT6 is still a good game but I feel it needs a few more updates before it's to the point where I thought it was going to be when it launched.

I really hate to say this but at this point I kind of wish PD would move on to the PS4. The PS3 is running on empty, developing on that console needs to be put to rest. The harder PD pushes the PS3 the more it shows its age. The Sierra track is killing my poor PS3. Kind of makes me wish PD developed for the PC so they weren't so hindered by such ancient hardware.

I like what GT6 has become, it's a good game, but I do miss stuff like the track maker, B-spec, etc. Sure, the game has come a long way, but there are some missing features. I used to love leaving my B-spec drivers on a 24 hour race just to feel like I was at the Nurb 24 hours/Le Mans 24 hours. I miss that kind of stuff.

I don't know why, but most complainers here come off totally "spoiled" to me.

People buy CoD on a 3 per year cycle but complain that a constantly evolving and improving GT6 isn't what they expect it to be. Instead of ignoring complaints and just releasing the next part of the series and moving on, we actually get improvements and fixes for no additional charge. We've gotten so many cars, and yet none of them were fitted with a price tag.
Whilst it is definitely true that they keep on updating it and adding content, i think most complain because the features and gameplay fixes that are needed to bring the series back to it's former form are not included in those updates. You can keep on adding additions but if the main gameplay characteristics feel outdated and broke, extra content is not going to solve that.

Back