Assistance please! Insufficient credits?!

• Thread starter Big Goonz
  • 29 comments
Australia
Melbourne
Flawless-Turk
I just jumped onto gt6 and my game loaded up with no credits? I had 14 million credits and now I have nothing... This is the third time I've lost all my 🤬 credits
image.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
This is why you do game saves and back up your data to USB memory sticks and/or have it automatically saved to online when you are a PS+ member.

Basically it is simple computer common sense to back up what you do not want to lose.

BTW once is sad, twice is very bad management (on your part), three times, well....... Let's just say I am very light on with the sympathy ;-)

I would love to see the responses from the community here if/when you come back and say it happened a fourth time :-))

Please use this as a learning experience and just back up your data in future.

BTW there is a back up of your game save on HD try and load that first and see if it works. Personally I don't trust them.

To be fair. If it is a save file issue, then don't you think it should have been sorted by PD?
I mean, I never bought my ps3 thinking I must buy a memory stick just incase the save file corrupts.
Ok it may not be PD's fault.
But again if it isn't then Sony should sort it out as it's obviously a common occurrence seeing as quite a few people have reported the same issue.

When we had memory cards for the ps series then yes I agree a backup would be good as the memory cards weren't that good.
But now we have moved away from memory cards and gone to internal storage. Which in my opinion should be stable throughout the life of the console, why should we need to have a memory stick for external storage?

To be fair. If it is a save file issue, then don't you think it should have been sorted by PD?
I mean, I never bought my ps3 thinking I must buy a memory stick just incase the save file corrupts.
But again if it isn't then Sony should sort it out as it's obviously a common occurrence seeing as quite a few people have reported the same issue.

When we had memory cards for the ps series then yes I agree a backup would be good as the memory cards weren't that good.
But now we have moved away from memory cards and gone to internal storage. Which in my opinion should be stable throughout the life of the console, why should we need to have a memory stick for external storage?

It is a computer. Computers lose and/or corrupt data. Anything you do not want to lose you make at least one back up copy.

Sony have addressed the issue by creating an auto save function to the cloud with PS+.

If anyone does not want to do any of the above then I have no sympathy what so ever.

I am sorry but it is the way of the World and please do not shoot the messenger.

Don't get me wrong buddy, I get what you are saying. I just feel that in this day and age loosing data shouldn't be a problem.

I actually have GT5 backed up somewhere.
But we've not long moved house and I can't find the memory stick. :banghead:

GT5 was worse as some of the cars could take ages to find again. I'm not that fussed about backing GT6 up as all the cars are available without waiting for the ucd to cycle.
I just think technology should be more stable that's all. :)

I just think technology should be more stable that's all. :)

I couldn't agree more.

And Sony (one of the World's leading techno companies) should NOT be able to be hacked either.

Viruses should be history like Afros and Flared Jeans.

GT6 should be complete 12 months after launch.

We should not be able to lose a Boing 777 full of people without a trace.

Unfortunately our technology is flawed and people become complacent :-( All we can hope for is that it will get better but in the mean time we must all adapt and cope with reality i.e. don't trust the technology ;-)

"people become complacent"

The number one reason why all the rest occurs, followed closely by the greed that inspires most of it.

I just jumped onto gt6 and my game loaded up with no credits? I had 14 million credits and now I have nothing... This is the third time I've lost all my 🤬 credits View attachment 272579
Looks like someone has access to your game and is spending all of your credits on tuning...

Total credits earned: 55,340,022
Total cost of tuning: 56,269,800
(which also suggests you had the 1m 15AE credit bonus [or bought some] and have bought 70,222cr of cars).

Especially if this has happened three times now. A corrupted gamesave losing all of your progress I can understand, but 14m credits disappearing into tuning is curiously specific for a bug. Have a look through your most recently used cars to see if they've been upgraded in some way. I think you're either being trolled by a peer/older sibling or a younger sibling is getting mischievous with your data.

Oh and please either self-censor all of your expletives or let the filter do its job. Partially censored expletives are a no-no, regardless of the provocation.

Thanks Famine and sorry will do with the censoring, no one uses any of my consoles because they don't know how to lol

The 56 mil includes the 1 mil credit bonus which i know ive used on upgrades and purchasing cars. The second time this happened to me was when i purchased comfort hard wheels for one of my cars online it set my credit counter to - - when i had around 12 mil, i have a feeling its some sort of bug but i haven't heard of it happening to anyone else. I'm ticked off at the fact it happened 3 times but i am happy my save isn't corrupted

Looks like someone has access to your game and is spending all of your credits on tuning...

(which also suggests you had the 1m 15AE credit bonus [or bought some] and have bought 70,222cr of cars).

Especially if this has happened three times now. A corrupted gamesave losing all of your progress I can understand, but 14m credits disappearing into tuning is curiously specific for a bug. Have a look through your most recently used cars to see if they've been upgraded in some way. I think you're either being trolled by a peer/older sibling or a younger sibling is getting mischievous with your data.

Oh and please either self-censor all of your expletives or let the filter do its job. Partially censored expletives are a no-no, regardless of the provocation.
So GTPlanet has a filter?

My eyes quickly went to the amount of money spent on tuning as well. You mentioned that he bought 70,222CR worth of cars, but how could someone spend $56,000,000 on tuning if they've probably only bought a couple of cars? Even the cheapest cars in GT6 are more than 10,000CR, correct?

Your PS3 contains a hard drive, which is where all the data is stored. There are two types of hard drives. Those which have failed, and those which have not failed yet.

The average hard drive might have an average lifetime of approaching a million hours, let's say about 70 years. Like humans. And like humans, they don't all last 70 years and then die.

The moral of the story is that if you care about the data in your PS3, back it up. If you don't care, then just cross your fingers. If you REALLY care about your data, then make two backup copies. I back up to a USB hard drive, and then copy that backup to my Mac.

Yes I understand that it can happen.

My point was, in this day an age it shouldn't be an issue. Or in anycase it shouldn't have affected as many people as it already has.

It's luck of the draw I guess. I had 3 ps3 failures during my GT5 gameplay. That's annoying considering 2 of those times i'd had everything backed up but it ended up being corrupt when I got the replacement ps3.

It's only a game at the end of the day. I play for pleasure so i'd just start again. :)

With how far technology has come along I personally think that these things should be a thing of the past.

So much is focused on speed and capacity, how about just being more stable.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion. I was just putting mine out there. It may not be what everyone thinks or what's actually correct. It's just my opinion at the end of the day.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion.

As Daniel Patrick Moynihan said, "Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."

And the facts are that the probability of attaining infinite reliability of anything is vanishingly small.

Even if the average reliability were to be raised by many orders of magnitude, so long as the average is finite, there is a finite probability of failure occurring within a short life. Anything else is wishful thinking.

The second time this happened to me was when i purchased comfort hard wheels for one of my cars online it set my credit counter to - - when i had around 12 mil
That's an expensive set of comfort hards.
i have a feeling its some sort of bug but i haven't heard of it happening to anyone else. I'm ticked off at the fact it happened 3 times but i am happy my save isn't corrupted
I'll say. That's bizarre.

There's two things you can try. The first is something you should do anyway - back up your gamesave to a flashdrive every day (and back the flash drive up to PC often).

The second is your backup file. If this happens again, immediately quit the game without saving (don't worry about Autosave - it's largely irrelevant) and delete your save data. This will leave just the (Backup) file which will be a mite older. Boot GT6 up, it'll say it couldn't find any save data and will restore from backup. Once back into the game, assuming everything's okay, manually save.
So GTPlanet has a filter?
Yep.

This is why you do game saves and back up your data to USB memory sticks and/or have it automatically saved to online when you are a PS+ member.

Basically it is simple computer common sense to back up what you do not want to lose.

BTW once is sad, twice is very bad management (on your part), three times, well....... Let's just say I am very light on with the sympathy ;-)

I would love to see the responses from the community here if/when you come back and say it happened a fourth time :-))

Please use this as a learning experience and just back up your data in future.

BTW there is a back up of your game save on HD try and load that first and see if it works. Personally I don't trust them.

As someone who's been gaming since home consoles have existed... I've only ever lost 1 or 2 save files due to corruption ever. We shouldn't have to enjoy our hobby with the expectation that the manufacturers and developers have handed us faulty merchandise. This is Sony or PD's fault, not the OP's.

As someone who's been gaming since home consoles have existed... I've only ever lost 1 or 2 save files due to corruption ever. We shouldn't have to enjoy our hobby with the expectation that the manufacturers and developers have handed us faulty merchandise. This is Sony or PD's fault, not the OP's.
It's not a question of fault, but if one chooses to live in a delusional world where you conduct yourself based on the way things "should" be, rather than how they are, the inevitable result is you are going to get burned where many others will not. No mechanical system is perfect, no production process is perfect, the environment we operate the equipment is chock full of different variables like temperature, dust levels, humidity etc. It will always be the case that a prudent person takes reasonable precautions and in this case, the few seconds it takes to make a gamesave is time well spent when there is a slight possibility that you may lose all your data at some point.

If it was Sony or PD's fault you would think this thing would be happening to a lot of people.

Maybe not Sony or PD's fault, but my point is that one should not have to concern him/herself with an issue like this. Like I said, I've only lost 1 or 2 files to corruption in well over 30 years. Maybe the OP is doing something wrong?

I get that technology has advanced by leaps and bounds and it seems like it should be more reliable but don't forget that humans are behind that technology. And if we know one thing about humans it's that they are prone to screw up. Lol! I have plenty of experince myself. :)

Maybe not Sony or PD's fault, but my point is that one should not have to concern him/herself with an issue like this. Like I said, I've only lost 1 or 2 files to corruption in well over 30 years. Maybe the OP is doing something wrong?

This is my point exactly. He does not have to concern himself *IF* he was a PS+ member and then his saves automatically back up to the Sony Servers everyday. Not to mention that GT6 has a spare backup data file as well.

There is an issue with losing data and there is a simple solution so you do not have to worry.

The fact that this has happened to the OP is no one's fault except his. *IF* he does not avail himself to the many different ways of protecting his data then there is only one person to blame.

A bit like trying to blame GM/Ford/etc for his car crashing and him getting injured when he choses to not wear a seat belt.

This is the issue that upsets me about modern trends, it is *ALWAYS* some one else's fault wnen common sense and simple precautions are available.

This is my point exactly. He does not have to concern himself *IF* he was a PS+ member and then his saves automatically back up to the Sony Servers everyday. Not to mention that GT6 has a spare backup data file as well.

There is an issue with losing data and there is a simple solution so you do not have to worry.

The fact that this has happened to the OP is no one's fault except his. *IF* he does not avail himself to the many different ways of protecting his data then there is only one person to blame.

A bit like trying to blame GM/Ford/etc for his car crashing and him getting injured when he choses to not wear a seat belt.

This is the issue that upsets me about modern trends, it is *ALWAYS* some one else's fault wnen common sense and simple precautions are available.

Believe me, I am not one to blame someone else at all. There's hardly anything that irks me more than the idiot who burns him/herself with coffee, then blames the restaurant because they weren't warned that the coffee was in fact hot. If anything, I am one to over-backup. That said, this should not be an issue. Of all the over-backing up I have done, I've never had to rely on any of those backups.

As said before the PS3 is just a computer. Computers crash all the time. They will continue to crash until the end of time. Get a PS+ account or a USB drive to back up to. You can also back up the entire PS3 to an external HD but I think it needs to be formatted to FAT32.

I back GT6 up to PS+ and the USB drive everyday after playing so I do not have to go through what you are going through.

Yer I use to back up every week but haven't really played gt6 that much to really care about backing up lol. Not fun anymore because there aren't any new cars other than the vision gt. Will be doing all the seasonal events on 200% login bonus to get that 10 mil credits today

Back