Porsche's Contract With EA

How much would you pay for GT7 To Get Sub-License for PDI to add Porsche's To Gran Turismo 7?

• I'm PORSCHE CRAZY! I would Pay $89.00 For GT7 to Get Sub-License From EA to add Porsche to the game!

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
United States
United States
Marriage #1.png

EA's contract with Porsche allows them to have their cars in there game for copyright. So if Polyphony Digital (creators of Gran Turismo), Turn 10 (creators of Forza) or any other game developer wants Porsche in their game, they have to negotiate in good terms with money with EA.

EA also competes with Polyphony Digital and Turn 10 in racing games, so EA won't allow them to have Porsche ingame.

Everyone has there price, So How Bad Do GT Fans want (PREMIUM) Porsche in-game? You Vote, and maybe this will expedite our longing for Porsche's in GT7.

Last edited:
The contracts are sellable, as in Forza. And with GTs sales numbers, those costs for the games are damned ridiculous.

Their contract is with EA, not EA Sports.

You are Right, and After a little research I found that EA is a Subdivsion of EA Sports, Auto Sports is within That category, But I changed it so the thread won't be about EA or EA Sports, So the poll remains, How much do You want Porsche in GT7? and if the prices are crazy vote for #1, GT5 and GT6 were $59.00 in U.S. Thank's for your input.

Last edited:
I know autosports is within EA Sports, but that is series games such as NASCAR and the old F1 games, not NFS, Real Racing 3 etc. meaning the rights are held by EA, the parent company.

The reason I brought up the prices being crazy is simply because I think the poll shouldn't exist. It's a good topic, as long as it doesn't devolve into a flame war, but I don't see how price is relevant to a contract with EA for a single game, Especially with the sales numbers PD get regularly.

I know autosports is within EA Sports, but that is series games such as NASCAR and the old F1 games, not NFS, Real Racing 3 etc. meaning the rights are held by EA, the parent company.

The reason I brought up the prices being crazy is simply because I think the poll shouldn't exist. It's a good topic, as long as it doesn't devolve into a flame war, but I don't see how price is relevant to a contract with EA for a single game, Especially with the sales numbers PD get regularly.

You are Right, and After a little research I found that EA is a Subdivsion of EA Sports, Auto Sports is within That category, But I changed it so the thread won't be about EA or EA Sports, So the poll remains, How much do You want Porsche in GT7? and if the prices are crazy vote for #1, GT5 and GT6 were $59.00 in U.S. Thank's for your input.

Porsche's contract with EA sports is stupidity itself.

Vote #1 if that's how you feel.

I don't want to double post so I am editing my last post so:

From what I understand @legacyMACHINE, PDI has turned down EA's price for Sub-license to obtain rights to display Porsche brand and images, so this thread is to indicate to Kaz and PDI the length that GT fans are willing to sacrifice to have what we have been asking for since the last two series of GT, are we willing to pay more for GT7 to compensate for sub-licensing to have Porsche in it?

Last edited:
Oh, this again...
EA's contract with Porsche allows them to have their cars in there game for copyright. So if Polyphony Digital (creators of Gran Turismo), Turn 10 (creators of Forza) or any other game developer wants Porsche in their game, they have to negotiate in good terms with money with EA.
That assumes that EA want to negotiate. If they don't, this entire concept is moot. We're 16 years in now and they've shown no signs of wanting to give up the exclusivity to PD.

That notwithstanding, your poll options are ludicrous. I wouldn't pay a penny more just to have one more manufacturer included in the game, but I can't vote for "nothing" because you've added the rider that people who vote "nothing" don't like Porsches :rolleyes:

How is this thread any different from the one you made less than 24 hours ago?

The last thread was presented what may have been misunderstood as a car suggestion, So it was closed by admin, This thread is a direct poll about EA's licensing for GT fans to indicate how far we will go to get Sub-licensing for PDI to get what really want, Porsche in GT7 and our willingness to make a sacrifice, which may be the only option to achieve it.

Vote #1 if that's how you feel.

I don't want to double post so I am editing my last post so:

From what I understand @legacyMACHINE, PDI has turned down EA's price for Sub-license to obtain rights to display Porsche brand and images, so this thread is to indicate to Kaz and PDI the length that GT fans are willing to sacrifice to have what we have been asking for since the last two series of GT, are we willing to pay more for GT7 to compensate for sub-licensing to have Porsche in it?
That's probably due to the prices being way to unreasonable from EA on a single game basis, and we may say we'll pay more for Porsche, but it isn't a solid business case.

RUF is a great substitute, and would mean less money thrown away by PD every single game.

The last thread was presented what may have been misunderstood as a car suggestion, So it was closed by admin
Nope. It was entirely understood for what it was - yet another thread about Porsche with an entirely moot topic.

EA have to be willing to sell partial rights to the licence - and PD have to be willing to buy the terms of those partial rights (can you imagine what would happen if they could only make standard ones with no interiors and no mods? I can) - before any discussion about how much more you'd be willing to pay for one manufacturer's inclusion.

Perhaps it's worth noting that Ferrari's inclusion didn't cost anyone anything additional - in fact it first showed up in GT5 Prologue, which was a budget title. Nor did Lamborghini's. And here you're talking about who's willing to pay twice as much money for the game on the strength of one manufacturer? This is why we end up with microtransactions and paid DLC...

As things stand, this thread is as dozy as the last - made more pointless by the ridiculously loaded poll options.

Awful poll and options and the Porsche topic has been beat to death. As with everything else it comes down to money. EA obviously has a good relationship with Porsche and are willing to pay the price Porsche is asking to have that exclusivity. If and when PD/Kaz/Sony is willing to pony up more money, the prize will be his. He/they doesn't think it's worth it. And if it was "worth it", there would be no need to charge more for the game, the increased sales from having Porsche in the game would pay for the license in increased revenue.

That assumes that EA want to negotiate. If they don't, this entire concept is moot. We're 16 years in now and they've shown no signs of wanting to give up the exclusivity to PD.

That notwithstanding, your poll options are ludicrous. I wouldn't pay a penny more just to have one more manufacturer included in the game, but I can't vote for "nothing" because you've added the rider that people who vote "nothing" don't like Porsches :rolleyes:

I have been playing GT since GT 1, and waiting for Porsche since GT4, I would love to drive The Porsche Carrera GT, The 959, 2015-Porsche-918-spyder, Porsche 356 Coupe(1964), Porsche 911 RS Race Cars, and many others in the GT 7, Many Auto Sports Fans invest a lot of money, Hundreds, even thousands of dollars in Rigs, Wheels, and to pay a little extra for the game to facilitate getting Porsche seems rational to me, And I believe every man has his price, and if it is at all possible, I am willing to make that sacrifice, We pay $400.00 for A PS4, $400.00 - $600.00 for Thrustmaster, a few hundred for wheel Stands, So $20.00 -$30.00 dollars more for GT 7 to have Porsche in GT 7 is a small amount in the whole scheme of things, I would pay this if would influence PDI to offer to EA to get Sub-licensing, to make what I think would be one of the greatest installment in the series, I have added a couple of more voting options, thank you for pointing that out.

I have been playing GT since GT 1
So have I.
and waiting for Porsche since GT4
Many people have been waiting since GT1 - though you could get a 996 911 GT3 in GT3 if you know where to look.
I would love to drive The Porsche Carrera GT, The 959, 2015-Porsche-918-spyder, Porsche 356 Coupe(1964), Porsche 911 RS Race Cars, and many others in the GT 7
So would many other people. Or in GT6, since that's still being supported by additional cars.
Many Auto Sports Fans invest a lot of money, Hundreds, even thousands of dollars in Rigs, Wheels ... We pay $400.00 for A PS4, $400.00 - $600.00 for Thrustmaster, a few hundred for wheel Stands
Yes they do.

Everything to this point has been irrelevant.
and to pay a little extra for the game to facilitate getting Porsche seems rational to me
It's only rational if it makes sense. For it to make sense you have to assume that EA are willing to sell PD the right to use Porsches and that PD are willing to buy the terms EA lay out. There is no evidence of either of these things, so it's not rational to say "I'll pay a bit more to get Porsche in" when paying a bit more is not relevant to Porsche being in - it wasn't relevant to Ferrari or Lamborghini, or Maserati or Bugatti...
And I believe every man has his price, and if it is at all possible, I am willing to make that sacrifice, So $20.00 -$30.00 dollars more for GT 7 to have Porsche in GT 7 is a small amount in the whole scheme of things
And an irrelevant amount since it is completely unrelated to the act.
I would pay this if would influence PDI to offer to EA to get Sub-licensing
It won't.

Sony set PD's budget for Gran Turismo, Sony get the money you pay for the game. At most it'd influence Sony - except it won't have any bearing on it, like it didn't have any bearing on Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Maserati, McLaren...
I have added a couple of more voting options, thank you for pointing that out.
It's not the quantity of poll options that are the problem, but the fact you're loading the answers with riders.

They should be "Nothing", "Up to $5", "Up to $10", "Up to $20", "Up to $50", ">$50", not "Nothing because I hate spoons", "$10 and badgers are my favourite animal", "$20 and I had soup for tea tonight".

I have been playing GT since GT 1, and waiting for Porsche since GT4, I would love to drive The Porsche Carrera GT, The 959, 2015-Porsche-918-spyder, Porsche 356 Coupe(1964), Porsche 911 RS Race Cars, and many others in the GT 7, Many Auto Sports Fans invest a lot of money, Hundreds, even thousands of dollars in Rigs, Wheels, and to pay a little extra for the game to facilitate getting Porsche seems rational to me, And I believe every man has his price, and if it is at all possible, I am willing to make that sacrifice, We pay $400.00 for A PS4, $400.00 - $600.00 for Thrustmaster, a few hundred for wheel Stands, So $20.00 -$30.00 dollars more for GT 7 to have Porsche in GT 7 is a small amount in the whole scheme of things, I would pay this if would influence PDI to offer to EA to get Sub-licensing, to make what I think would be one of the greatest installment in the series, I have added a couple of more voting options, thank you for pointing that out.

And it'll go straight to EA. I'm not willing to give any money to that disgusting vulture of a company and, despite not being a fan of Porsche, this very situation is one of the main reasons for my decision. So, you're willing to pay an extra $30 on the price of GT7 for Porsche, I'd rather saw my own leg off, and I think Sony'd be looking at the £350+ they lose from me as more important than $30 additional from you which just covers the bloody overhyped German cars.

You'd be making better use of your time trying to persuade Porsche that their exclusivity contract with EA is damaging their credibility, honestly, and I doubt they'll believe you anyway.

It's not the quantity of poll options that are the problem, but the fact you're loading the answers with riders.

They should be "Nothing", "Up to $5", "Up to $10", "Up to $20", "Up to $50", ">$50", not "Nothing because I hate spoons", "$10 and badgers are my favourite animal", "$20 and I had soup for tea tonight".

:lol: I get you LOL!!!!, but I think it's too late to change now, I tried to edit the poll, but it only allows for add-on's, I will make note of that, If I try another poll. thanks for your input.

Sony set PD's budget for Gran Turismo, Sony get the money you pay for the game. At most it'd influence Sony - except it won't have any bearing on it, like it didn't have any bearing on Ferrari, Lamborghini, Bugatti, Maserati, McLaren...

I didn't know this, this is great news as far as regulating prices for PS4 games, but awful in terms of getting Porsche's in GT 7 :banghead: well your input is noted, Thanks.

Last edited:
Perhaps it's worth noting that Ferrari's inclusion didn't cost anyone anything additional - in fact it first showed up in GT5 Prologue, which was a budget title. Nor did Lamborghini's. And here you're talking about who's willing to pay twice as much money for the game on the strength of one manufacturer? This is why we end up with microtransactions and paid DLC...

GT HD Demo, bub. It was the first GT with a Ferrari in it, actually. ;)

GT HD Demo, bub. It was the first GT with a Ferrari in it, actually. ;)
Quite, though no-one (outside of a handful of people in Japan) paid a red cent for that, so it's not really a canon release per se. Mind you, I suppose that's ultimate proof of how little it cost the game-buying public to get Ferrari in :lol:

Sounds great in theory but what happens when Ferrari, Ford, Lamborghini and everyone else gets wind of it?

"Hey Mr. Toyota I just heard they gave Porsche $5Mill to use their cars in the game, how much did we get?"

"Uh, $100k"

"Sucker"

PD and the manufacturers have a long established relationship and Kaz isn't likely to want to upset that apple cart by paying Porsche an amount of money that's way out of line with what he pays Ferrari, Lamborghini etc. Obviously EA has sweetened the deal somehow and that's that. The Ruf license on the other hand must be quite reasonable because they are showing up in other games. If PCars can afford Ruf's on a relative shoestring budget I don't see why PD isn't adding new Rufs and expanding their roster dramatically to counter the lack of Porsches. That to me is the real issue with the Porsche license.

Sounds great in theory but what happens when Ferrari, Ford, Lamborghini and everyone else gets wind of it?

"Hey Mr. Toyota I just heard they gave Porsche $5Mill to use their cars in the game, how much did we get?"

"Uh, $100k"

"Sucker"

You guys are right, we wouldn't want to make holding licensing as ransom common practice for Manufacturers , I guess I Let my desperation for Porsche in GT 7 get ahead of me, We'll just have to settle for our Rufs and hope for Premium upgrades until Porsche's comes through the normal process.
2003-porsche-carrera-gt-01-960x1280-1.jpg 2015-porsche-918-spyder.jpg Porsche 911 RS.jpg Porsche 917K Le Mans.jpg Porsche Cayman.jpg Porsche_356_Coupe_(1964)_p1.JPG Precious Porsche's.jpg
Thanks for all of your input guys.
:gtpflag:

Last edited:
EA has to understand, that they don't have the right to block the Porsche's rights to another game. It isn't fair to PD.
They can and will because they can and do use that as the main USP for their substandard products compared to many other sims. They feel the need to try level the playing field with Porsches by setting strict rules for other developers.

Then again, Porsche aren't innocent. They could easily fix this mess, they set the rules for cars being used in games, after all Vehicles cannot just be put in a game as there has to be negotiation over more than just costs, but what the car is actually used for. For example, in Driver San Francisco there is a scene where the protagonist is involved in a car accident, which he comes out of in a coma. This means they would have to go to Dodge and ask them for permission to do such in a game, the cars are also not allowed to run people over or cause illegal environment damage, a problem for a game where you drive recklessly. (taken from a Media assignment, point of note : This information came from a link between my school's media department and Ubisoft Reflections) The same would apply to EA despite their license. It would be easy to say "We will give you exclusive rights for certain cars for x amount of time, dont like it? Licensing rights redacted." as I am sure Porsche wrote something in meaning they can make any changes they like... just in case.

Back