Installing PSN version after using disc version

South Africa
Cullinan, Gauteng
wikus_mazal
Hi guys ,

I have searched but couldn't find an answer.
I have been playing GT6 disc version for a while. It is fully updated to v1.14
Now to save my blue ray drive I want to get the digital version from PSN.

My question is , if I install the digital version , will it see the updates already on the
PS3 and continue normally , or will I have to go through that whole update process
from scratch ?
Anybody have experience in this scenario ?

Thanx

Hi,

My disc copy of GT6 'died' so I bought the digital version like you are planning and it went through the FULL update from scratch. Didn't take too long to download but installing took ages!!
Make sure you backup your save data (cars & credits) before hand. I do this to USB at least twice a week anyway.

Hope that helps,

Since I have the digital version, if I delete it and then re-download it, it's likely that every update will have to be re-installed.

Hi,

My disc copy of GT6 'died' so I bought the digital version like you are planning and it went through the FULL update from scratch. Didn't take too long to download but installing took ages!!
Make sure you backup your save data (cars & credits) before hand. I do this to USB at least twice a week anyway.

Hope that helps,

Ag no that is bad news :(

I wonder why that is ? All the updates is already installed , but yet it won't see it ?

Don't know why it wants to download all the updates again, I didn't delete anything from the HDD, just downloaded the GT6 game from PSN and it went through the whole process.

One thing I have noticed is that the in game menus and loading times are so much quicker with the downloaded version when compared to using a disc version.

Plus the updates install without incident too!

Don't know why it wants to download all the updates again, I didn't delete anything from the HDD, just downloaded the GT6 game from PSN and it went through the whole process.

One thing I have noticed is that the in game menus and loading times are so much quicker with the downloaded version when compared to using a disc version.

Plus the updates install without incident too!

Do you mean you could do all the updates at once and didn't have to do that tedious one by one and cancelling after each one way ?

The PSN version has a different ID so it bypasses your disc install and creates its own install folder on the PS3 HDD

Ah ok.
But this brings me to another question. Let's say I installed the digital version and halfway through the update process stops updating and insert my disc version , will that disc version then work fully updated like it was ? Or will the updating of the digital version wipe the disc based version's updates that was installed ? That would be cool cos then I can update the digital version bit by bit while I play with the disc based version.

Anybody know what will happen in such a scenario ?

The disc version will work as you left it, fully updated. The installs are completely separate due to the different Game IDs.

Oh yes !!! Thank goodness for that. So I will continue with updates on the digital and take breaks from that tedious process and play with the disc one until digital is updated :)

Hi guys ,

I have searched but couldn't find an answer.
I have been playing GT6 disc version for a while. It is fully updated to v1.14
Now to save my blue ray drive I want to get the digital version from PSN.

My question is , if I install the digital version , will it see the updates already on the
PS3 and continue normally , or will I have to go through that whole update process
from scratch ?
Anybody have experience in this scenario ?

Thanx
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/guys-about-to-pull-the-trigger.319260/page-2#post-10228950

@Le_Manuz , did you do those updates in one go without interrupting them and it worked ?
Or did you do the one by one canceling the update after each one way ?
I am thinking about doing the one by one way cos I read about so many issues with doing them all at once , and I can't afford to dl 10gigs of updates only to have it fail and then redo it all over again one by one.

So I am very unsure if I should try all the updates in one go , or the one by one route.

i did the all in one
it's said that if one fails, it restart at that point the next time you try to update

Sounds like you did the updates from inside GT6 and not from the XMB outside of the game ?
Or am I misunderstanding ? Cos the update downloading in the XMB restarts over if it fails.
It doesn't have resuming. Only the ones already installed are skipped. I had this last night when I started
to update. The very first update , 1.2gig , at 95% failed with the annoying " an error occurred with download "
and started over at 0%.

Anyway , I decided to rather do the stupid one by one update thing. I read another two threads last night of a few people who's updates failed when doing all at once and they had to start all over. So don't want to take the chance on that.
I just wish one could put all updates in the DL manager and do them one by one from there that you at least had resuming on the big ones. But sadly the PS3 lacks this very basic feature.

Done it yesterday after my PS3slim BluRay give up .

Took me almost 10h from scratch to 1.15. First 3h30m to download main game (15gig) ,then about 45 minutes to install it .After that another 3h to download and install 7 gig of updates up to 1.15.On top of that , I waited another 2+ h after booting game for the first time for install within game))) I'm glad everything went smooth ,except some ridiculous install time.

Done it yesterday after my PS3slim BluRay give up .

Took me almost 10h from scratch to 1.15. First 3h30m to download main game (15gig) ,then about 45 minutes to install it .After that another 3h to download and install 7 gig of updates up to 1.15.On top of that , I waited another 2+ h after booting game for the first time for install within game))) I'm glad everything went smooth ,except some ridiculous install time.

So yours also worked by doing all updates at once then.
I wonder why it works for some , and for other it doesn't work at all and have to do one by one.

Back