Update 1.15 Undocumented Changes Thread

Johnnypenso

Well known double poster
Premium
Canada
Windsor, Ontario, Canada
Johnnypenso
Every update brings with it the possibility of undocumented changes to the game. Please post any undocumented changes you find in the 1.15 update and I'll update the OP regularly to reflect any changes found.

1. Please also make a concerted effort to verify these changes to the best of your ability.
2. If you need help from the community to verify something, don't be afraid to ask.
3. Be as specific and detailed as you can with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how it was fixed. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do the best you can.

THIS IS NOT A DISCUSSION THREAD ABOUT THE PROS AND CONS OF THE UPDATE or anything else other than undocumented changes in the update. Confine those to the appropriate thread created by @nowcontrol

Update Discussion Thread..........

New bugs, glitches, errors etc....

GTP News Section Article...........

Camber Discussion Thread.........

https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/threads/is-camber-fixed-discuss-it-here.321270/

Undocumented Changes
  1. HSV sound bug appears to be fixed, base model tested.
  2. HSV bug where you see only the firewall when looking back from the driver's eye view is also fixed.
  3. An issue with Touring Car Turbos, previously rendered useless by the 1.14 update, appears to be fixed.
  4. Transmission preset now remains at manual when you switch from a car that is automatic (eg. electric cars).
  5. Garage now sortable by mileage although there appears to be a bug with cars not showing mileage until used (look here and here for details from @ALB123 ).
  6. Fix to camber angles displaying properly in Favourite Cars tab in the My Page section of the Community Area and also fixed headlights being off and front wheels in a turned position not showing. Photo
  7. Arcade races with the Chapparal VGT are all one make races.
  8. This number plate bug with the Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution IX Touring Car '05 appears to be fixed.
  9. The info listed under the names on the right hand side of the race screen while in a lobby, now tells you how many pit stops you have to make during the race to meet the lobby requirements.
  10. Christmas music now available GT6:cheers:

Last edited:
Touring Car Turbos have been fixed.
3. Be as specific and detailed as you can with the information including a brief description of the bug or improvement before it was fixed/changed (if applicable) and how it was fixed. If English is not your first language that's ok, just do the best you can.

Ugh, ok.

Now, previously before the patch, most of the GTAuto touring cars will revert back to the "no turbo/standard" setting when installed turbo. Also, for some cars, changing turbo settings doesnt alter the perfomance at all, incl. power, torque, etc.

That was fixed now on the update.

Now, previously before the patch, most of the GTAuto touring cars will revert back to the "no turbo/standard" setting when installed turbo. Also, for some cars, changing turbo settings doesnt alter the perfomance at all, incl. power, torque, etc.

That was fixed now on the update.
You've already tested numerous cars and know this to be true or are you just rephrasing what was said above?:odd:

The HSV sound bug has been fixed. Just tested my base model and the sound is back in the cockpit

Can confirm this as well and the directional mic sounds excellent in all the onboard views 👍

Also appears the bug where you see nothing but firewall in the car when looking backwards in Driver's Eye view is fixed.

You said detailed right? What kind of extra detail do you want to really know?
I was asking if you were answering on behalf of nowcontrol or if you had actually tested the cars for yourself and knew it to be true first hand.

The HSV sound bug has been fixed. Just tested my base model and the sound is back in the cockpit
Yay!

Transmission option now stays at manual if you switch from a car that didn't have one. Back then if you switched to a different car from one that didn't have a manual (electric car for example), it would automatically be set back to automatic transmission.

Found this out after I used the 2X (doesn't have manual option BTW) and started the Infiniti VGT event.

No more having to set it back to manual every time after I use a car that uses automatic by default anymore. :)

Does the Chaparral start at TCS 1 or 5?

Usually all cars start from 5, but when I purchased the 2X and went to try it out I noticed the drivers options were already at TCS:1 and ABS:1

You get a notice of this when you log in, but it's not in the patch notes, so I guess it's semi-undocumented:

- You can now sort the garage by mileage.

Only, when I tried it incorrectly shows all cars but one with a driving distance of 0 km. It doesn't reset the driving distance of the cars because the correct number still shows up when you have selected a car, but for some reason the sorting doesn't work, not for me at least.

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but there is a new quick match added (the one that said coming soon) it's 500pp non race car from your garage, tunable and they payout is night 150,000 for 8th with 200% bonus

Last edited:
You get a notice of this when you log in, but it's not in the patch notes, so I guess it's semi-undocumented:

- You can now sort the garage by mileage.

Only, when I tried it incorrectly shows all cars but one with a driving distance of 0 km. It doesn't reset the driving distance of the cars because the correct number still shows up when you have selected a car, but for some reason the sorting doesn't work, not for me at least.
I'm just downloading the update now, but if what you are saying is true, perhaps you have to select/switch to each car one time to propagate that field with data. I'm just guessing, but from my software days, there were instances when this might happen in certain situations with new data files.

can not view my 15th anniversary edition cars in the garage unless i go to my favorite list which i have them on.
I have the Anniversary Edition and I'm having no such problems. I think it may be more of a bug/glitch though...

EDIT: Tree'd

I'm just downloading the update now, but if what you are saying is true, perhaps you have to select/switch to each car one time to propagate that field with data. I'm just guessing, but from my software days, there were instances when this might happen in certain situations with new data files.

I can confirm that what you're saying is true. The cars I have switched to now show up with the correct mileage.

I can confirm that what you're saying is true. The cars I have switched to now show up with the correct mileage.
Yes. I finally have my update installed and I experienced the same thing you did. So, I started switching from car to car and thankfully it is filling the fields in after each car change. Pain in the butt, but what can ya do? :rolleyes:

EDIT: Actually, I think I am still experiencing issues with the MILEAGE field remaining at 0 miles even after switching to some cars. I have a total of 5 cars that show their mileage now. I guess I jumped the gun. Who would have thought that FIVE examples wouldn't be enough to prove something functional in GT6?! :lol:

EDIT 2: Okay...I finally see what's going on. The cars will all show 0 miles initially. You have to select a different car, but then the miles will still show 0 for your newly selected car. It's only when you then select ANOTHER car that it fills in the mileage for the car you just unselected. Strange, but that's how it's filling in the fields for me.

Last edited:
Yeah PD just sent out a NEWS item regarding this mileage issue. Says they're working on a fix. So, you can either do it manually, one at a time, and want to slash your wrists...you could move it to the stockyard like @Abraxas suggested and then move them back into your garage... or you could wait for PD to hotfix it probably within a day...

Not sure if this is the right place for it, but there is a new quick match added (the one that said coming soon) it's 500pp non race car from your garage, tunable and they payout is night 150,000 for 8th with 200% bonus

Nice, 500pp is one of the lobby types I usually look for on a nightly basis.

Just discovered that the car you use does not appear on top of the garage list !?
For example: had to go looking in the list and found it on place 277 with the key logo stuck to it.
The car I was using before, is now on place 285.

Just read PD is aware of the 0 km glitch and is trying to fix it.

Back