Cars with the Most Oversteer

• Thread starter JBF77
  • 47 comments
United Kingdom
London
Which cars would you say had the biggest amount of oversteer in GT6? How difficult was it to control?
My vote would go to the RUF Yellowbird - whilst being fun, it is almost impossible to correct when going through fast corners. Getting a clean lap around Nurburgring takes a lot of precision and throttle control!
:lol:

The handling on most of the cars mentioned isn't really oversteer, its more the way GT6 model weight transfer on some cars.

If you want some proper oversteer fun take a stock 458 to tsukuba on CH tyres. It will feel like its got zero grip all round, but once you become adjsuted to longer braking zones and having to ease the front in to the corners, the car has an amazing balance and will oversteer absolutely everrywhere in any gear.

Its much more like driving a real road car and is incredibly exciting. Might not be same anymore since PD added 0.6 rear toe + camber to all mr and rr... But easy enough to remove the toe and camber.

Lancia Stratos - could be the dictionary definition for Oversteer. Short wheelbase, wide track, Quite a lot of weight at the back that wants to pendulum about when you change direction. You can drive it with caution or you can loon about like Kimi in a car park.

Most fun oversteer - I enjoy it. (The Alpine A110 and the Ruf BTR are also good fun. But they murderise the rear tyres.)

No Englishlandia cars?

After an update, I don't remember precisely which one, many car's handling behavior went haywire. Example: Lambo Reventon, both Diablos, NSXs and even Vipers. I nearly gave up on them altogether until I stumbled onto a tuning guide here in GTP, and now things are sort of back to "normal", relatively speaking.

After an update, I don't remember precisely which one, many car's handling behavior went haywire. Example: Lambo Reventon, both Diablos, NSXs and even Vipers. I nearly gave up on them altogether until I stumbled onto a tuning guide here in GTP, and now things are sort of back to "normal", relatively speaking.
Probably 1.09 ;)

The handling on most of the cars mentioned isn't really oversteer, its more the way GT6 model weight transfer on some cars.

futuramafry.jpg

Other than most of the cars mentioned here, the Toyota MR2 GT-S '97.
I tried buying that the first day I played GT6 because I saw a nice video of it. I thought it would be like it was in GT5. Oh how my poor heart was tricked and stolen from me buy that damn MR-2 :(

Did someone say MR2? In GT6 I have a 500pp MR2 G-Limited on SH tires that will oversteer at the drop of a hat. Lift off oversteer, power oversteer, snap oversteer, etc. I think it's actually worse than stock, but it's also a blast to drive once you get used to it. I've experimented with suspension setups that dampen the oversteer significantly, but for some reason that ruined the fun of the car for me.

KTM X-Bow, both the Street and R have similar characteristics. I wouldn't say this is as difficult to control as the cars already listed, it just changes direction really quickly and can catch you out when it does snap.

Did someone say MR2? In GT6 I have a 500pp MR2 G-Limited on SH tires that will oversteer at the drop of a hat. Lift off oversteer, power oversteer, snap oversteer, etc. I think it's actually worse than stock, but it's also a blast to drive once you get used to it. I've experimented with suspension setups that dampen the oversteer significantly, but for some reason that ruined the fun of the car for me.

Stock GT-S is probably worse!

edit the difference compared to all these super cars being mentioned is that the MR2 can spin you out at like 30mph with only 245 bhp. If you down tune the other cars they won't be as lairy as the GTS is stock!

Last edited:
I would say the RUF BTR, that thing was a beast the first few times I tried it, quite a lot worse than any other car I have driven in game.

I see someone said the V16T, personally I hate the way that car drives but it does not oversteer nearly so much as the BTR. Of course that V16T also suffers from some pretty severe understeer as well.

Stock GT-S is probably worse!
Well, as you probably know, the GT-S is a bit tricky because of that turbocharged engine. But to compensate, it also has wider wheels than the G-Limited to increase grip. Really though, once you get used to one of them, imo it doesn't take too much adjustment to drive the other (especially if they're tuned to the same pp range). They both have those same quirky oversteer characteristics that the SW20 was known for.

I stick to the G-Limited just because it has more horsepower and less weight than the GT-S when they're both tuned up to 500pp. From what I can tell, that makes it the faster of the two for use in 500pp online races, despite the fact that the GT-S is the faster car when they're both stock.

Last edited:
Well, as you probably know, the GT-S is a bit tricky because of that turbocharged engine. But to compensate, it also has wider wheels than the G-Limited to increase grip. Really though, once you get used to one of them, imo it doesn't take too much adjustment to drive the other (especially if they're tuned to the same pp range). They both have those same quirky oversteer characteristics that the SW20 was known for.

I stick to the G-Limited just because it has more horsepower and less weight than the GT-S when they're both tuned up to 500pp. From what I can tell, that makes it the faster of the two for use in 500pp online races, despite the fact that the GT-S is the faster car when they're both stock.

Yes but weight distribution is worse stock on GT-S. Sure if you tune both to 500pp you can sort the weight, dial in the suspension etc.

The g limited is easier to drive at 450 and 500 pp. It just is even with a super charger.

My sw20 never over steered. Someone just crashed into me.

vfy0k2.jpg

/cries

Back