Error 80710092

OK, after the maintenance I can't connect to PSN. Cycled the modem, router, and restarted GT6 5 times, still not working. Please forgive me for asking such a stupid question, but is anyone else having this problem after the update? And if so, can you tell me how to fix it?

OK, after the maintenance I can't connect to PSN. Cycled the modem, router, and restarted GT6 5 times, still not working. Please forgive me for asking such a stupid question, but is anyone else having this problem after the update? And if so, can you tell me how to fix it?
PSN Hacked

PSN and Xbox Live are currently being DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacked by a group named LizardSquad. This has been going on for ~3 days now and Sony/Microsoft are working to get their servers back online.

Oh wow, thanks guys, I had no idea. I saw that a lot of people were doing the new Seasonal Challenges, so I wanted to log in to do those, but couldn't get in, figured it was something simple.

PSN and Xbox Live are currently being DDoS (Distributed Denial of Service) attacked by a group named LizardSquad. This has been going on for ~3 days now and Sony/Microsoft are working to get their servers back online.
Incorrect. The founder of MEGAPrivacy paid LizardSquad off. PSN is down at the request of PlayStation executives tonight. At least according to FinestSquad, who have supposedly been in contact with Sony. LizardSquad is not claiming responsibility, instead they are targeting Tor.

Got it.

Seriously though, just how bad-ass do you have to be to shut down Sony?!? Then take credit for it...

Serious balls.
I find them to be the equivalent of the elementary school bully that beat you up and took your lunch money.

Like they say, "this is why we can't have nice things". Wish these people would grow up and do something productive with their lives.

I agree,these hackers who are creating destructive software could make infinitely more money by making something they can parlay into a business legitimately.Instead their talents are wasted like the **** when you choke the chicken.

I kept getting an error code but now a message saying PSN is under maintenance.
Hope that changes soon to "Everybody's gonna get money!" but that's wishful thinking.
To be able to get into the Seasonals would be enough.

Seriously though, just how bad-ass do you have to be to shut down Sony?!?

It's not anything badass. It's a DDoS. It shouldn't even be considered hacking, as it is easy to do. Hacking actually requires some knowledge. DDoS? You just need a guide off the internet and a couple of bucks to pull it off. The only "badass" thing is that you need balls of steel to attempt shutting down Sony.

Incorrect. The founder of MEGAPrivacy paid LizardSquad off. PSN is down at the request of PlayStation executives tonight. At least according to FinestSquad, who have supposedly been in contact with Sony. LizardSquad is not claiming responsibility, instead they are targeting Tor.
Anonymous have said that Finest and Lizard are the same people trying to gain attention.

psn is still down for me.i know why they chosen the day but It's just a sign that the people who are involved simply haven't gotten any action or attention from even the ugliest of women

It's not anything badass. It's a DDoS. It shouldn't even be considered hacking, as it is easy to do. Hacking actually requires some knowledge. DDoS? You just need a guide off the internet and a couple of bucks to pull it off. The only "badass" thing is that you need balls of steel to attempt shutting down Sony.

It would take a pretty large botnet to take down Sony, I think they'll have servers that can handle a little more than just some kid who spent $5 on a little botnet of only a few hundred zombies.

But you're right, the only hard part about DDoS is getting zombies, then just choose a target and press a button.

I just got a new ps3 for Christmas and I can't update all the updates do anyone know when psn is coming on.When I signed in and I open gt6 and press no for updating I got signed out.

I just got a new ps3 for Christmas and I can't update all the updates do anyone know when psn is coming on.When I signed in and I open gt6 and press no for updating I got signed out.
PSN is on. If you pressed "no" for updates, it will sign you out because you need to be updated to be online. Try again, press "yes" or "ok" or whatever it says to update. Install the updates and you should be good.

Back